Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Easier said than done...

Featured Replies

Get rid of Encarnacion, you have $15 Million to toy with.

 

Go out and get Magglio Ordonez.

 

That is all.

 

Discuss.

i dont know why he is still in a marlin uniform.....i think were all tired of waiting....Beinfest has to work some magic and get rid of this guy before someone gets Drew or Mags...

If you have $15 million to play with and Loria wouldn't open up the wallet to shell out another 3 to get Beltran and feild a serious contender that would be 2 years in a row the Marlins fail by only a few million to land the best FA of the offeason.

Get rid of Encarnacion, you have $15 Million to toy with.

 

Go out and get Magglio Ordonez.

 

That is all.

 

Discuss.

634925[/snapback]

:plain

 

you said it yourself, easier said than done

Trade AJ and Enc to LA for Jackson. That'll open up that 15 mill and a little more. Sign Beltran, I will be happy.

Trade AJ and Enc to LA for Jackson. That'll open up that 15 mill and a little more. Sign Beltran, I will be happy.

634943[/snapback]

and then you woke up

Trade AJ and Enc to LA for Jackson. That'll open up that 15 mill and a little more. Sign Beltran, I will be happy.

634943[/snapback]

and then you woke up

634945[/snapback]

 

LA wouldn't take AJ and Enc for Jackson? A guy with a 7+ ERA?

Trade AJ and Enc to LA for Jackson. That'll open up that 15 mill and a little more. Sign Beltran, I will be happy.

634943[/snapback]

and then you woke up

634945[/snapback]

 

LA wouldn't take AJ and Enc for Jackson? A guy with a 7+ ERA?

634948[/snapback]

they wouldnt take Enc back, nor would be go after Beltran

We're not getting Drew or Ordonez with or without Enc. They're out of our price range.

634932[/snapback]

 

Thankfully someone is sane :thumbup

  • Author

You know, I'll never rule anything out with this ownership after I-Rod. I can't see how you can...

I'm not following here. Encarnacion is making $4.5 million, and we're supposedly $7 million under our budget. So, by my math, that's $11.5 million with which we'd have to sign a fifth starter, a lefty bench bat, a lefty reliever and a right fielder.

 

Did I miss something?

  • Author

I'm not following here. Encarnacion is making $4.5 million, and we're supposedly $7 million under our budget. So, by my math, that's $11.5 million with which we'd have to sign a fifth starter, a lefty bench bat, a lefty reliever and a right fielder.

 

Did I miss something?

634971[/snapback]

 

Even so, I'd rather have Magglio in right field and have a prospect in the rotation, a bum lefty on the bench and an invite lefty reliever.

 

:thumbup

I'm not following here.? Encarnacion is making $4.5 million, and we're supposedly $7 million under our budget.? So, by my math, that's $11.5 million with which we'd have to sign a fifth starter, a lefty bench bat, a lefty reliever and a right fielder.

 

Did I miss something?

634971[/snapback]

 

Even so, I'd rather have Magglio in right field and have a prospect in the rotation, a bum lefty on the bench and an invite lefty reliever.

 

:thumbup

634974[/snapback]

 

Well, if we're talking about Magglio and not JD Drew, he may be easier for us to sign.

 

He and Boras would likely be accepting of a one year deal with a base of around $6 million and another $6 in incentives that would be mostly plate appearances (so he's paid more for being healthy than productive).

 

JD Drew is out of the question though...he had a healthy year and ended well, so he's going to get a big deal off of someone.

  • Author

I'm not following here.? Encarnacion is making $4.5 million, and we're supposedly $7 million under our budget.? So, by my math, that's $11.5 million with which we'd have to sign a fifth starter, a lefty bench bat, a lefty reliever and a right fielder.

 

Did I miss something?

634971[/snapback]

 

Even so, I'd rather have Magglio in right field and have a prospect in the rotation, a bum lefty on the bench and an invite lefty reliever.

 

:thumbup

634974[/snapback]

 

Well, if we're talking about Magglio and not JD Drew, he may be easier for us to sign.

 

He and Boras would likely be accepting of a one year deal with a base of around $6 million and another $6 in incentives that would be mostly plate appearances (so he's paid more for being healthy than productive).

 

JD Drew is out of the question though...he had a healthy year and ended well, so he's going to get a big deal off of someone.

634977[/snapback]

 

I think any person would be an idiot to take Drew over Ordonez, considering Magglio has always been one of the game's premier hitters. And I was thinking something more like 3-years $24 Million guaranteed, with $12 Million in incentives (like you said, plate appearences mostly). If he knows he'll be healthy, than he'll take it considering in his mind it's just like guaranteed money. I, personally, can't have another one-year superstar taste. We need to keep someone for a whule, and I think he's the right guy to start with...

jp 3.5

lc 4.5

pl 7.0

mc 0.5

ml 7.5

jc 3.0

je 4.5

ag 4.0

= 34.5

aj 4.0

jb 4.0

al 8.0

dw 0.5

iv 1.5

= 18.0

gm 3.0

aa 2.0

tj 1.2

ts 1.0

= 7.2

 

Total estimated payroll is 60 million without pudge or hampton money.

 

I am not sure where everyone is getting these budget figures but this is how I see it right now.

al? 8.0

635029[/snapback]

 

Leiter is only getting 2 mil of that 8 this season I think.

635031[/snapback]

Technically hes getting 3 mil I believe since we donated 1 mil as part of the contract to Al's charity.

I'm not following here.? Encarnacion is making $4.5 million, and we're supposedly $7 million under our budget.? So, by my math, that's $11.5 million with which we'd have to sign a fifth starter, a lefty bench bat, a lefty reliever and a right fielder.

 

Did I miss something?

634971[/snapback]

 

Even so, I'd rather have Magglio in right field and have a prospect in the rotation, a bum lefty on the bench and an invite lefty reliever.

 

:thumbup

634974[/snapback]

 

Well, if we're talking about Magglio and not JD Drew, he may be easier for us to sign.

 

He and Boras would likely be accepting of a one year deal with a base of around $6 million and another $6 in incentives that would be mostly plate appearances (so he's paid more for being healthy than productive).

 

JD Drew is out of the question though...he had a healthy year and ended well, so he's going to get a big deal off of someone.

634977[/snapback]

 

I think any person would be an idiot to take Drew over Ordonez, considering Magglio has always been one of the game's premier hitters. And I was thinking something more like 3-years $24 Million guaranteed, with $12 Million in incentives (like you said, plate appearences mostly). If he knows he'll be healthy, than he'll take it considering in his mind it's just like guaranteed money. I, personally, can't have another one-year superstar taste. We need to keep someone for a whule, and I think he's the right guy to start with...

634991[/snapback]

 

3/$36 might be a little rich for this franchise's tastes.

 

I know, the taste of the superstar thing is beyond annoying, but it's the only way we'd be able to get a guy like him to come, besides, Hermida is waiting in the wings and a 3 year deal blocks him...

 

Now, if we get a 3 year deal for Maggs, Hermida could be the main chip in getting Hudson. :whistle

I'm not following here.? Encarnacion is making $4.5 million, and we're supposedly $7 million under our budget.? So, by my math, that's $11.5 million with which we'd have to sign a fifth starter, a lefty bench bat, a lefty reliever and a right fielder.

 

Did I miss something?

634971[/snapback]

 

Even so, I'd rather have Magglio in right field and have a prospect in the rotation, a bum lefty on the bench and an invite lefty reliever.

 

:thumbup

634974[/snapback]

 

Well, if we're talking about Magglio and not JD Drew, he may be easier for us to sign.

 

He and Boras would likely be accepting of a one year deal with a base of around $6 million and another $6 in incentives that would be mostly plate appearances (so he's paid more for being healthy than productive).

 

JD Drew is out of the question though...he had a healthy year and ended well, so he's going to get a big deal off of someone.

634977[/snapback]

 

I think any person would be an idiot to take Drew over Ordonez, considering Magglio has always been one of the game's premier hitters. And I was thinking something more like 3-years $24 Million guaranteed, with $12 Million in incentives (like you said, plate appearences mostly). If he knows he'll be healthy, than he'll take it considering in his mind it's just like guaranteed money. I, personally, can't have another one-year superstar taste. We need to keep someone for a whule, and I think he's the right guy to start with...

634991[/snapback]

 

3/$36 might be a little rich for this franchise's tastes.

 

I know, the taste of the superstar thing is beyond annoying, but it's the only way we'd be able to get a guy like him to come, besides, Hermida is waiting in the wings and a 3 year deal blocks him...

 

Now, if we get a 3 year deal for Maggs, Hermida could be the main chip in getting Hudson. :whistle

635041[/snapback]

Hermida>>>>>Magglio :shifty

 

 

 

Hermida is one of those prospects it would take a lot more than for a rental like Hudson IMHO.

 

 

 

And besides, I want my favorite prospect to stay a Marlin. :)

I'm not following here.? Encarnacion is making $4.5 million, and we're supposedly $7 million under our budget.? So, by my math, that's $11.5 million with which we'd have to sign a fifth starter, a lefty bench bat, a lefty reliever and a right fielder.

 

Did I miss something?

634971[/snapback]

 

Even so, I'd rather have Magglio in right field and have a prospect in the rotation, a bum lefty on the bench and an invite lefty reliever.

 

:thumbup

634974[/snapback]

 

Well, if we're talking about Magglio and not JD Drew, he may be easier for us to sign.

 

He and Boras would likely be accepting of a one year deal with a base of around $6 million and another $6 in incentives that would be mostly plate appearances (so he's paid more for being healthy than productive).

 

JD Drew is out of the question though...he had a healthy year and ended well, so he's going to get a big deal off of someone.

634977[/snapback]

 

I think any person would be an idiot to take Drew over Ordonez, considering Magglio has always been one of the game's premier hitters. And I was thinking something more like 3-years $24 Million guaranteed, with $12 Million in incentives (like you said, plate appearences mostly). If he knows he'll be healthy, than he'll take it considering in his mind it's just like guaranteed money. I, personally, can't have another one-year superstar taste. We need to keep someone for a whule, and I think he's the right guy to start with...

634991[/snapback]

 

3/$36 might be a little rich for this franchise's tastes.

 

I know, the taste of the superstar thing is beyond annoying, but it's the only way we'd be able to get a guy like him to come, besides, Hermida is waiting in the wings and a 3 year deal blocks him...

 

Now, if we get a 3 year deal for Maggs, Hermida could be the main chip in getting Hudson. :whistle

635041[/snapback]

Hermida>>>>>Magglio :shifty

 

 

 

Hermida is one of those prospects it would take a lot more than for a rental like Hudson IMHO.

 

 

 

And besides, I want my favorite prospect to stay a Marlin. :)

635044[/snapback]

 

Oh, I do too, he's that middle of the lineup lefty we've been waiting just about forever for, but if we do sign Maggs to a 3 year deal, Hermida's value to us plummets because he'd be turning 25 in the season when a spot opens up for him...

I have this scenario all worked out... :thumbup

 

Get rid of Encarnacion, one way or another...whether it's packaging him off with AJ, or taking another teams problem(Chacon)...

 

Sign Ordonez to a one year, 8.5 million deal, with some of the money being deferred money (maybe 3.5 in 2005, 2.5 in 2006, 2.5 in 2007), with a club option for 3 additional years at 30 mil (9.5, 10, 10.5).

 

Those 3 additional years would automatically kick in if Ordonez plays in 150 games, hits over .300, 30 HR and 100 RBI in 2005. (very attainable for Ordonez)

 

Ordonez is coming off a serious knee injury, so the Marlins can't afford to throw a guaranteed long term contract at him...if he's healthy, he gets a 4 year deal at 38.5 mil, if he isn't, the Marlins get out of the deal with minimal harm done.

 

The deal should be appealing to Maggs, too, considering he's essentially getting a 4 year deal as long as he can stay healthy, a commitment he probably wouldn't get coming off a serious injury.

 

Just a FYI...Ordonez was NEVER on the DL once in his entire career prior to the knee injury....

I'm not following here.? Encarnacion is making $4.5 million, and we're supposedly $7 million under our budget.? So, by my math, that's $11.5 million with which we'd have to sign a fifth starter, a lefty bench bat, a lefty reliever and a right fielder.

 

Did I miss something?

634971[/snapback]

 

Even so, I'd rather have Magglio in right field and have a prospect in the rotation, a bum lefty on the bench and an invite lefty reliever.

 

:thumbup

634974[/snapback]

 

Well, if we're talking about Magglio and not JD Drew, he may be easier for us to sign.

 

He and Boras would likely be accepting of a one year deal with a base of around $6 million and another $6 in incentives that would be mostly plate appearances (so he's paid more for being healthy than productive).

 

JD Drew is out of the question though...he had a healthy year and ended well, so he's going to get a big deal off of someone.

634977[/snapback]

 

I think any person would be an idiot to take Drew over Ordonez, considering Magglio has always been one of the game's premier hitters. And I was thinking something more like 3-years $24 Million guaranteed, with $12 Million in incentives (like you said, plate appearences mostly). If he knows he'll be healthy, than he'll take it considering in his mind it's just like guaranteed money. I, personally, can't have another one-year superstar taste. We need to keep someone for a whule, and I think he's the right guy to start with...

634991[/snapback]

 

3/$36 might be a little rich for this franchise's tastes.

 

I know, the taste of the superstar thing is beyond annoying, but it's the only way we'd be able to get a guy like him to come, besides, Hermida is waiting in the wings and a 3 year deal blocks him...

 

Now, if we get a 3 year deal for Maggs, Hermida could be the main chip in getting Hudson. :whistle

635041[/snapback]

Hermida>>>>>Magglio :shifty

 

 

 

Hermida is one of those prospects it would take a lot more than for a rental like Hudson IMHO.

 

 

 

And besides, I want my favorite prospect to stay a Marlin. :)

635044[/snapback]

 

Oh, I do too, he's that middle of the lineup lefty we've been waiting just about forever for, but if we do sign Maggs to a 3 year deal, Hermida's value to us plummets because he'd be turning 25 in the season when a spot opens up for him...

635048[/snapback]

 

Nah, I don't think an Ordonez signing affects Hermida's value at all...if we do sign an OF to a long term deal, you'd probably see Cabrera moved to first after Conine's contract expires....

I can live with that kind of deal.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.