pointless quiz

MVPosey

1. Besides the Marlins (or whoever else is your favorite team) who else do you like?

2. Why are you a fan of the Marlins (or whoever else you root for)? If you like any other teams, why do you like them? Local reasons? Because of a certain player?

3. List your childhood baseball heroes

4. List your five favorite baseball moments

5. List your five least favorite baseball moments

1. Besides the Marlins (or whoever else is your favorite team) who else do you like?

I am not really a fan of any other team but I will watch the Cleveland Indians play when I go up to Ohio.. I usually root for them :lol

2. Why are you a fan of the Marlins (or whoever else you root for)? If you like any other teams, why do you like them? Local reasons? Because of a certain player?

I am a fan of the Marlins because I loved baseball ever since I could remember and my dad got me hooked on watching the Marlins. I would say it is my dads fault :lol

When I was younger I loved Greg Colbrunn (I taped all his interviews, I have tons of autographed balls/cards etc:)

My favorite moment was probably when Mark Kotsay threw my dad a ball right after the Marlins came off the field... I was jumping up and down :lol .. another one would probably be the 97' Playoffs, my dad and I went to almost everygame. We had really good seats (First base- 14 row- bottom). I was at the game when Alou hit the ball that almost hit the foul pole.. my dad picked me up and almost threw me :lol

The worst would probably be the 97' Fan Fest.. I had on the field pass so I was able to take pics with the players... well the film didnt load right so no pictures came out :thumbdown I was so mad

643164[/snapback]

dude i love the gmen too but your new signature makes teh passion's look respectable

643164[/snapback]

dude i love the gmen too but your new signature makes teh passion's look respectable

643177[/snapback]

Just becasue I busted your balls, dont take it out on the sig.

643164[/snapback]

643177[/snapback]

Just becasue I busted your balls, dont take it out on the sig.

643188[/snapback]

I personally like the Red Sox world champions banner on there. :shifty

643164[/snapback]

1) Boston Red Sox

2) When I was young I was taken to the ACC baseball tournament and I saw the Georgia Tech team with Nomar on it and he impressed me so much I said id root for whatever team he got drafted by. Obviously I started liking the Red Sox more than just him and my love became for the Sox over just one player.

3) Nomar, Boggs, Gwynn, McGwire, Vaughn

4) 5. Carl Everett breaking up Mussina's no hitter 4. Winning the game with the fight this year off mariano rivera in the bottom of the ninth 3. 1999 ALDS When Pedro comes out of the bullpen and shuts down the Indians long enough for us to come back and win. 2. 2004 ALCS 1. 2004 WS

5) 5. Boggs goes to Yankees 4. Clemens to the Yankees 3. Pedro stays in game 7 2. 1999 ALCS 1. Aaron Boone HR

Baltimore Orioles

I live in South. I like the O's because almost my entire family is form Maryland and I lived there for about half a year before the Marlins existed.

Cal Ripken and Brady Anderson :thumbup

5. 1997 world series

4. First orioles game- back when they were good

3. Yankees get pwned in 2004 playoffs

2. 2003 world series

1. Cal breaks the record

5. Angelos buys the Orioles

4. Mussina signs with New York

3. Yankees win in 98, 99, 00

2. 1997 Marlins firesale

1. 1998-2002

1. Besides the Marlins (or whoever else is your favorite team) who else do you like? The NY Yankees

2. Why are you a fan of the Marlins (or whoever else you root for)? If you like any other teams, why do you like them? Local reasons? Because of a certain player? Mostly b/c theyre the hometown team

Tom Candiotti, Babe Ruth (from legend), Don Mattingly, Chuck Carr, Charlie Hough, greg maddux

1. renterias winner in game 7 1997

2. Conines throw to home and pudge holding on for the out in the final game of the 2003 division series to defeat the evil barry steroids bonds and the SF giants

3. Mordy's triple to go ahead in game 6 of the 2003 nlcs

4. Brosius's homer against Kim to tie the game in the bottom of the 9th at yankee stadium in the 2000 WS

5. Carter's HR in game 4 of the (92 or 93?) WS to defeat the damned phillies

1. The Red Sox winning the WS in 2004

2. Luis gonzalez's WS winning hit in game 7 of the 2000 WS

3. Barry Bonds 71st HR to break mcgwires record

4. Barry Bonds 700th HR

5. the 5 game sweep of the marlins by the phillies in (99 or 00) that kicked them out of contention

643164[/snapback]

1. Red Sox

2. I am a fan of the Marlins because of the first game I went to in '03.

3. Don't really have any yet.

4 - 1. Marlins winning the WS

4 - 2. Red Sox winning the WS

4 - 3. Going to a game where the Marlins rallied with 8 runs in the 8th to win the game 11-5 against Philly

4 - 4. Watching Mike Lowell's 3-homer game

4 - 5. Mike Lowell hitting the game winning homerun against the Mets..a day before the game I go to

5 - 1. The first game I went to that the Marlins lost

5 - 2. The Marlins giving up a 7-run lead in San Fran. in the 2nd inning

5 - 3. Looper giving up a walk-off homerun to someone of the Rockies

5 - 4. Every game against Ty Wigginton (He always crushed us)

5 - 5. Yankees get Pavano

643164[/snapback]

1. Red Sox

4 - 3. Going to a game where the Marlins rallied with 8 runs in the 8th to win the game 11-5 against Philly

4 - 5. Mike Lowell hitting the game winning homerun against the Mets..a day before the game I go to

643335[/snapback]

I. Oakland A's, you have to respect what Beane has done with the franchise that has allowed them to compete with the huge payrolls of teams like the Yanks and Sox.

II. Fan of the Fish cause they're local and I was young enough that I didn't care too much about any other team before they came along.

III. I liked Bonds when I was younger because he was always playing in Griffy's shadow and never got the respect he deserved in the 90s, that changed quickly when this decade started.

IV

1) 2003 World Series

2) 1997 World Series

3) 2003 NLCS

4) The Balco 'witch-hunt' : a big step to cleaning up this mess

5) Boone's homer

V)

5) 2004 ALCS

4) Bonds hitting 71

3) The Sox and the Yanks outbuying most this decade

2) The 94 strike

1) The firesale

643164[/snapback]

1- Boston Red Sox

2- I am a fan of the Marlins because they are my hometown team and I'm very into them, and for the Panthers I have a passion, not only because of local reasons but because of the sport itself. And the Canes comes from family.

3- Jeff Conine, Gary Sheffield, Edgar Renteria, others that escape my mind at the moment.

4. 5-Marlins beat the Yankees in extra innings in their first interleague game in history, 4-Red Sox unreal comeback this year and World Series, 3-Marlins 1997, 2-Gary Sheffield's 42nd Homer in 96, 1-Marlins 2003

5. 5-Aaron Boone's homer in the ALCS, 4-Yankees buying sprees, 3-Stadum Deal falling through for John Henry, 2-Cubs going up 3-1 in the NLCS 2003, 1-Marlins Firesale 1997

643164[/snapback]

1. Red Sox

643335[/snapback]

I. Oakland A's, you have to respect what Beane has done with the franchise that has allowed them to compete with the huge payrolls of teams like the Yanks and Sox.

II. Fan of the Fish cause they're local and I was young enough that I didn't care too much about any other team before they came along.

III. I liked Bonds when I was younger because he was always playing in Griffy's shadow and never got the respect he deserved in the 90s, that changed quickly when this decade started.

IV

1) 2003 World Series

2) 1997 World Series

3) 2003 NLCS

4) The Balco 'witch-hunt' : a big step to cleaning up this mess

5) Boone's homer

V)

5) 2004 ALCS

4) Bonds hitting 71

3) The Sox and the Yanks outbuying most this decade

2) The 94 strike

1) The firesale

643340[/snapback]

Best list so far from top to bottom

643164[/snapback]

1. Atlanta Braves, Seattle Mariners

2. They're the first Florida team. I'll root for them through thick and thin. I don't really care who's on the team.

3. Ken Griffey, Jr., Alex Rodriguez, Edgar Martinez, Cliff Floyd, Alex Fernandez, Darren Daulton, Gary Sheffield, Fred McGriff, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, Chipper Jones

4. 2003 World Series Game 6, 1997 World Series Game 7, Seattle Mariners beating Yankees to go to ALCS in 1995, Mark McGwire hitting #62

5. 1994 Strike, 1997 Marlins dismantled after WS, May-July 2004 Florida Marlins, ARod's contract with Rangers, Boston Red Sox (everything)

1. The New York Yankees

2. I am from NY and have always been a die hard fan

3. Don Mattingly, Bernie Williams

4. 1) Yankees winning back to back to back WS 2) Game 6 comeback vs Boston in 03 3) Jason Giambi's walk off grand slam in btm 14th in pouring rain vs Twins 4) Derek Jeter walk off in 2000 5) July 1st Game vs. Red Sox

5. 1) Losing 4 games straight to Boston 2) Losing to DBacks in 2001 3) Getting no hit by Astros 4) Losing 22-0 to a crappy team, Indians I think 5) Derek Jeter getting hurt on opening day 6) Jason Giambi's unfortunate events

643164[/snapback]

1. I'm not really a big fan of anyother teams, but I'll say the D-Rays.

2. Because they are in Florida

3. Don't really have any.

4. -Marlins winning the World Series in 1997

-Marlins winning the World Series in 2003

-The 2003 NLCS

-Red Sox coming back to beat the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS

-Lenny Harris winning the game against the Dodgers and Eric Gagne blows the save

5. -Marlins firesale in '97

-The Marlins lose to the Red Sox 25-8 where the Sox scored 10 runs before the Marlins even got 1 out

-Carls Pavano leaving for the Yankees

-Pudge leaving for Detroit

-The Yankees payroll getting bigger and bigger year after year.

Tigers, also root for the Twins (Although yes, they're in the same division)

Family is from Detroit, grew up liking them. Also have family in Minneapolis.

Alan Trammell

Cecil Fielder

More recently Tony Clark was my favorite. Still root for him even though he was a Yankee this year.

Tough since I'm a Tigers fan, but here goes:

- Edgar Renteria getting the WS winning hit (I watched him in the minors, followed him)

- Luis Gonzales WS winning hit (just a great ending to a great WS)

- McGwire and Sosa chasing Maris

- Tigers signing Pudge

- Dmitri Young's Monster game in Baltimore (single, 2 triples, 2 home runs)

- The whole 2003 season

- Last game in Tiger Stadium

- Bonds tainted home run record

- That stupid kid who reached over and grabbed the ball that was called a home run for the Yankees vs Baltimore

- That overrated catch by Jeter vs Boston this year

643164[/snapback]

1. St. Louis Cardinals

2. The Marlins held spring training at Space Coast Stadium which is about 5 minutes from my house, and I went to a bunch of their games when I was small.

3. Jeff Conine, Edgar Renteria, and Mark McGwire.

1. Renteria's hit to win the 1997 World Series.

2. Pudge singles in 2 in the 11th, to win game 3 of the NLDS. (I was at the game)

3. Beckett tags out Posada to win the 2003 world series.

4. Conine throws out JT Snow to win the division series.

5. McGwire breaks Maris' home run record.

1. Huizenga dismantles the team and the rough years afterward.

2. Bonds breaks McGwire's record.

3. The Subway Series

4. All the Yankees championships in the 90s

5. Game 4 of the NLCS where the Cubs crushed the fish making the series 3-1 in favor of the cubs. (although it quickly turned into a good memory.)

1 & 2. Fan of the Marlins since 93. Grew up on the Cubs and Orioles. Support the local DC Nationals.

3. Cal Ripken Jr. and Jeff Conine

4. 2003 WS; DC getting a team; the 1993 season when Charlie Hough and some career minor leaguers finished ahead of the HoJo-Bonilla-Gooden Mets; Conine's All-Star HR; 1997 WS

5. The John Henry years; Red Sox winning; 1997 WS; El Presidente hanging on; the end of Kirby Puckett's career

Boston Red Sox as a team .....then Angels, Dodgers, Cards, Reds for various reasons

Marlins because they got me into baseball, sports in general, and were the one thing I've always had constant in my life since 1993. Ted Williams was a friend of the family, so I started rooting for the Red Sox behind the Marlins in about 1995 when I met him. Angels because of Vlad and because I rooted for them in 02, Dodgers because I like their unis, Hee Seop Choi, and they've always had players I've liked for some reason or another, Cards because they play the Cubs and because Albert Pujols is the best player in the game not named Guerrero, and Reds because before the Marlins everyone loved them thanks to Tony Perez's influence on the Cuban community. I only actively root for the Marlins and Red Sox, though.

Chuck Carr, Charlie Hough, basically everyone to put on a Marlins uniform, Ted Williams, Babe Ruth, Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine if only for the 'Chicks Dig The Long Ball' commercials, a couple others.

1- Edgar Renteria singles to bring home Craig Counsell, winning Game 7 of the 1997 World Series.

2- First Pitch, Opening Day, 1993.

3- Josh Beckett tags Jorge Posada for the final out of the 2003 World Series.

4- All of Game 3 of the 2003 NLDS

5- Being at Game 1 of the 1997 World Series to watch a Marlins win

1- Firesale of 97

2- Firesale of 97

3- Firesale of 97

4-Watching the Braves win the division every single f***ing year.

5- Aaron Boone.

Besides the Mets.......the Dodgers and the A's.

I'm a Mets fan cause i grew up in NY, and after the Yankees sucking for about 4 years of my existence, had to switch it up to the Mets in '88. Plus, my whole family are Mets fans.

Jose Canseco, Dave Winfield, Kevin McReynolds, Mark McGwire, Lenny Dykstra, Mookie Wilson, Ron Darling, Gary Carter, Terry Steinbach, Steve Sax.

5. Mets sign Pedro.

4. Mets reach NLCS in 99.

3. Mets acquire Mike Piazza.

2. Mets reach WS in 2000.

1. Mets win it all in 86.

5. Mets trade Dykstra and co. for Juan Samuel.

4. Mets lose to Dodgers in 88 NLCS.

3. Jose Canseco gets blackballed from baseball for doing something everyone does nowadays.

2. Steve Phillips barrage of moves turn out to suck from 2001-2002.

1. Kenny Rogers walks in winning run in game 7 of '99 NLCS.