Byun hyun Kim

gobucks

First of all the Red Sox aren't going to pick up his entire tab. If they were they would have already dealt him to the Rockies. So the Fish would have to cover $1-2 million, which make the gamble more worrisome.

That said, he has been a fascination of mine this off-season, not just because, as commented on above, when on he's unhittable in relief, but more importantly (my last big concern for the Fish) we desperately need a sixth starter and if Mark Wiley can get him straighten out, he would be a big addition to the staff.

Lots of "ifs" in my comments but he's someone I'd like to see Beinfest investigate.

Not only was he injured, mentally he is not all there. If Kim had a tougher mentality instead of being a lil girl he would be a pretty good pitcher cuz he has ability, just not mentality. Because of his mentality i dont think we should get him.

Who are you going to give up to open up room?

Alfonseca, Jones and Reidling can't be moved before May, and Mota and Spooney aren't going anywhere.

670795[/snapback]

There's no guarantee that Spooney will be available for opening day or that there won't be an injury during spring training. I'm not saying he's anywhere near a "must have" but I think we both agree finding a sixth starter/long relief guy is one area where the Fish can improve themselves before the season starts.

Bump is horrible. I've never heard the bat pop harder on a hit against any other pitcher... it seems like every time someone makes contact against this guy they hit it HARD. It's embarassing.

670900[/snapback]

what was his era as a reliever after he was recalled last year?

Not only was he injured, mentally he is not all there.? If Kim had a tougher mentality instead of being a lil girl he would be a pretty good pitcher cuz he has ability, just not mentality.? Because of his mentality i dont think we should get him.

670772[/snapback]

Are you in Kims head?

671003[/snapback]

HA HA lol, no. But u can tell by his body language when he pitches, you can tell he has no mental toughness. He looks so scared when he goes to the mound.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.