Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FAVORITE/LEAST FAVORITE MARLINS

Featured Replies

Least: Ben Howard

725619[/snapback]

:slap

725622[/snapback]

What has Ben Howard done to the Marlins?

 

Everyone picks Gonzalez, or Encarnacion as the least. I dont know why because Gonzalez is one of the best defensive short stops anyone will ever see and Encarnacion, it cant get better than him in the outfield.

favorite: Miguelito Cabrera

least: Lo Duca? Noone i really can't stand, just a lot of people I only cheer for because they're on the marlins.

  • Author

Results so far:

 

FAVORITE:

1-Cabrera 10 votes

2-Pierre 6

3-Lowell 5

4-Conine/Castillo 4

5-Willis/Burnett 3

6-Willingham/LoDuca 2

7-Bump/AGon/Beckett/Howard 1

 

LEAST:

1-Juan E.- 10 votes

2-L.Harris- 7

3-Bump-4

4-Beckett-3

5-Burnett/Kensing/LoDuca/Treanor/B.Howar-2

6-Dillon/AGon/Perisho-1

 

 

A couple of things jump out at me:

 

(1) Beckett is not well liked no matter how good he is. How can more people like Josh Willingham as their favorite than Josh Beckett? I think Beckett will get better ratings next year when he has a breakout year.

 

(2) Why does anyone not like Paul LoDuca? The guy is one of the best catchers in the NL (Top 5). On top of that, he is a great guy like Conine and Lowell.

 

(3) Alex Gonzalez was hated last year after the slow start but rebounded nicely. It seems like everybody has accepted him as a gold glove calibar SS and a good #8 hitter.

(1) Beckett is not well liked no matter how good he is. How can more people like Josh Willingham as their favorite than Josh Beckett? I think Beckett will get better ratings next year when he has a breakout year.

Because he is a p***y who whines and complains when he doesn't get his way, then sits out because of blister problems when other people play through tougher injuries.

 

Great example: Last season Beckett wanted Sea Bass charged with an error on a play that clearly was not an error, so that he would have 3 earned runs instead of 4 thus giving him a quality start even though he lost the game. Primadonna bitch.

 

The needless hate is for Kensing, who was thrown into the fire in a tough spot. Cut the kid a break, he was a last resort.

  • Author

(1) Beckett is not well liked no matter how good he is. How can more people like Josh Willingham as their favorite than Josh Beckett? I think Beckett will get better ratings next year when he has a breakout year.

Because he is a p***y who whines and complains when he doesn't get his way, then sits out because of blister problems when other people play through tougher injuries.

 

Great example: Last season Beckett wanted Sea Bass charged with an error on a play that clearly was not an error, so that he would have 3 earned runs instead of 4 thus giving him a quality start even though he lost the game. Primadonna bitch.

 

The needless hate is for Kensing, who was thrown into the fire in a tough spot. Cut the kid a break, he was a last resort.

725640[/snapback]

 

 

Exactly...I know why people don't like him. The point is if I had to chose who I liked more between Beckett and Willingham overall- I would take the guy who won us a ring anyday.

Well, think of it this way. There's a few reasons to dislike Beckett, while Willy really hasn't given us a reason to hate him yet.

Well, think of it this way. There's a few reasons to dislike Beckett, while Willy really hasn't given us a reason to hate him yet.

725660[/snapback]

your sig rules

 

fave- lo duca

least- beckett

Well, think of it this way. There's a few reasons to dislike Beckett, while Willy really hasn't given us a reason to hate him yet.

725660[/snapback]

 

Beckett has given us a reason to love him... anyone remember our World Series victory in 2003?? Or maybe I just dreamt he pitched a shutout in Yankee Stadium to clinch the World Series.... :plain

Favorite: Valdez

 

Least: Can't think of anybody that stands out currently on the major league team.

Well, think of it this way. There's a few reasons to dislike Beckett, while Willy really hasn't given us a reason to hate him yet.

Beckett has given us a reason to love him... anyone remember our World Series victory in 2003?? Or maybe I just dreamt he pitched a shutout in Yankee Stadium to clinch the World Series.... :plainSorry, but 1 game doesn't give you a free pass for life. When he stops being a tool during the regular season, and stops only showing up in October, then his self-inspired primadona status will be justified. What good is a playoff pitcher when he can't actually help get you there in the first place? And people who want errors called on players that get them out of countless messes with their gloves just to boost stats command 0 respect in my book.

Favorite: Lowell.

 

Least: Perisho? Only because he's a bit of a whiner in MVP 2005. Other than that, I got nothing. Can I send Miceli a retroactive vote?

Well, think of it this way. There's a few reasons to dislike Beckett, while Willy really hasn't given us a reason to hate him yet.

Beckett has given us a reason to love him... anyone remember our World Series victory in 2003?? Or maybe I just dreamt he pitched a shutout in Yankee Stadium to clinch the World Series.... :plainSorry, but 1 game doesn't give you a free pass for life. When he stops being a tool during the regular season, and stops only showing up in October, then his self-inspired primadona status will be justified. What good is a playoff pitcher when he can't actually help get you there in the first place? And people who want errors called on players that get them out of countless messes with their gloves just to boost stats command 0 respect in my book.

725694[/snapback]

 

It wasn't one game. It was the entire postseason. And we ought to be thankful we've won a World Series instead of complaining about a guy that "is only good in October." And you should be reminded how dominating Beckett was during the last two months of 2003. He really helped get us to the postseason that year.

Results so far:

725638[/snapback]

You know what would be funny? If someone wrote the totals on poster board and brought it to the park.

What do people have against Logan Kensing?

 

What did he ever do?

725686[/snapback]

Agreed, he got put in a horrible position and it's horrible to rip into a kid that just wasn't ready for the Big Leagues.

Well, think of it this way. There's a few reasons to dislike Beckett, while Willy really hasn't given us a reason to hate him yet.

Beckett has given us a reason to love him... anyone remember our World Series victory in 2003?? Or maybe I just dreamt he pitched a shutout in Yankee Stadium to clinch the World Series.... :plainSorry, but 1 game doesn't give you a free pass for life. When he stops being a tool during the regular season, and stops only showing up in October, then his self-inspired primadona status will be justified. What good is a playoff pitcher when he can't actually help get you there in the first place? And people who want errors called on players that get them out of countless messes with their gloves just to boost stats command 0 respect in my book.

It wasn't one game. It was the entire postseason. And we ought to be thankful we've won a World Series instead of complaining about a guy that "is only good in October." And you should be reminded how dominating Beckett was during the last two months of 2003. He really helped get us to the postseason that year.

So because he had three good months in his four year, .500 record career he gets to be a little whiny bitch and complain about his coaches, teammates, and even the stats as long as they aren't in his favor? Yawn.

 

Look, I like Josh. I root for him, I expect him to put up incredible numbers and will be happy when he does. But I'm sorry for not giving him a free pass to trash the rest of the team and coaches because of something that happened two years ago.

 

You know, AJ was one of the best pitchers in the league in 2002, so that gives him the right to be a little bitch like Josh too right? And Al was on the 97 team and started Game 7, so he gets to whine too. Oh, and Dontrelle was ROY, so he gets to talk massive s*** like Josh too. Miguel can hit, so everytime he makes an error and costs a game it's ok. Juan Encarnacion had 93 RBIs in 2003, so he gets a free pass too. Anyone I'm missing?

I would say 90%of MLB players are jerks. They are primadonna whiny girls, that demand everything. Is this new to you? I am a baseball fan regardless. I know a few people who know Mike Lowell on a personal level and they say he is a jerk. I dont care. If I cared about a players character I would hate sports all together. Before Delgado became a Marlin I didnt like him much, now that he is a Marlin I could careless. AJ is as much if not worse than JB in terms of being a jerk and not a "team" player.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.