Steve Phillips: Delgado for MVP

Ramp

Carlos Delgado, 1B, Florida Marlins

The Marlins' signing of Delgado was the single biggest move, in terms of the player being a difference maker, of the offseason. The Marlins landed him, and by doing so, kept him from the Mets, a team in their division. He's just what the Marlins needed: a power hitting left-handed batter. He gives the Marlins lineup the best depth and balance in the National League. He also brings a presence both on the field and at the box office.

Miami is close enough to his home, Puerto Rico, that it might as well be home. Plus his agent (David Sloane) is based in Ft. Lauderdale, which should to help him get through any bumps in the road. With his talent and skilled players around him along with a strong support system in place, Delgado is ready to have a great season. He's my choice to win the NL MVP.

Prediction: 40 home runs, 130 RBI, a .290 batting average, .400 on-base percentage and a .600 slugging percentage.

espn.insider.com

Guest Fritz

Prediction: 40 home runs, 130 RBI, a .290 batting average, .400 on-base percentage and a .600 slugging percentage.

Sweet Jebus, if Delgado puts up those stats, I'm gonna tattoo Carlos Delgado's face on my buttcheek.