A Few things.

Ice Man

Ok, heres a few thing's that I've noticed.

People are freaking out because We either score 9 runs or bust.

However, historically we've flat out sucked against Hampton, Livan and Well, Tim Hudson is amazing.

So, It's a case of good pitching beats good offense.

Livan always kills us. So, i expected to loose this one.

Don't freak out.

Also, I think we can all agree our bullpen is doing well.

However, this time last year it was as well.

Ok, heres a few thing's that I've noticed.

People are freaking out because We either score 9 runs or bust.

However, historically we've plain out sucked against Hampton, Livan and Well, Tim Hudson is amazing.

So, It's a case of good pitching beats good offense.

Livan always kills us. So, i expected to loose this one.

Don't freak out.

Also, I think we can all agree our bullpen is doing well.

However, this time last year it was as well.

735907[/snapback]

Finally..someone who makes sense.Well said! :)

Tough loss....

A real heart breaker considering how close the Fish were of winning in the 9th.Is not time to panic because it is a long SEASON.Remember last year hot start and what happen the rest of the year?

I know tomorrow Fish will win (They better because I will be there.) and take the series.

I'm gonna start a petition to cut that damn scoreboard by 5 feet. I felt so bad for LoDuca. He thought he had that game won. I had jumped out of my seat with my arms in the air too... That sucked.

Anyways, so stay on topic; I'm not worried at all. The pitching has been good, and Maniac is right. We've just gotten beat by good pitching... They'll be fine.

I'm gonna start a petition to cut that damn scoreboard by 5 feet. I felt so bad for LoDuca. He thought he had that game won. I had jumped out of my seat with my arms in the air too... That sucked.

736047[/snapback]

the Teal Tower will get us back :mischief

haha me too. i prematurely applauded. poor paulie :( he deserved that homerun

736060[/snapback]

You guys werent alone, I was up on my feet cheering. Also the entire bench emptied and was on the field but then they saw it hit the wall and they all jumped back down, it sucked that it didnt win the game but it was pretty funny watching that.

A couple of years ago people were marveling at Perry Hill's ability to position our players on defense to forsee where the next hitter most often would be hitting the ball.

Now it seems more and more teams are making a science out of defensive positioning.

The Marlins are hitting the ball, putting it in play. The problem has been we're hitting the ball where they are and not where they aren't. Easley hit a screaming line drive to left that the fielder took one step and caught. To their credit, their infielders looked like they had been handed a memo on where to play to get their two doubleplays.

Whether it's the Delgado shift or watching the number of DPs we've hit into, the fact is more teams are taking advantage of our player's tendencies and if we are to prevail more often in the 2005 campaign the team has got to make adjustments at the plate to force the opposing team's defenses to loosen up a bit.

I know it's easy to say when you're in the stands and not trying to hit a round ball (thrown at 90+ mph) with a round bat, but until we do we're going to see more of the same.

Would just like to say hi for the first time this season. :D

Just been reading a few posts and have to ask - Do you think the first 5 games will reflect the rest of the season?

>Great pitching (1st in major league), but struggling to win close games.

I don't want this to be the team that can't win from behind.

Guest Juanky

I think over time the wall evens out. I'm sure it's robbed its fair share of opponent homeruns.

736115[/snapback]

Just ask Pat Burrell.

The Wall giveth and The Wall taketh away.

Enc should have three homers as we speak, however the Wall robbed him as well. That one didn't matter because Miguel slammed one over Joe Robbie the next at bat. However, you get used to it, and I rather be playing in this park than in Philly's.