Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Great BullPen Management

Featured Replies

Thought I might mention the bullpen management since most people usually question this when we lose. Of course, I am not sure I would have put Perisho in or Mecir in, I would have went with Jones and Reifling (against old team). Wait, why am i second guessing now.

Don't know why you would say that when one of the team's lesser relievers was given the ball with the game tied and the top of the Reds' order coming up.

 

But it worked. So whatever.

When I saw Perisho warming up to come into a tie game, I thought it was all over. Glad he made me eat crow :thumbup .

Atleast Old Man McKeon did something right with the bullpen for a change.

  • Author

Rferry,

you talk about a LH specialist and this and that about letting Perisho pitch to only LHs. Griffey/Casey were up. Who would you have put in? when it works, it is whatever! A lesser reliever. I did not realize we had a more qualified LH who can consistently get outs.

 

Just who did you think should have pitched in that situation if it wasnt Perisho?

Rferry,

you talk about a LH specialist and this and that about letting Perisho pitch to only LHs. Griffey/Casey were up. Who would you have put in? when it works, it is whatever! A lesser reliever. I did not realize we had a more qualified LH who is LH and get consistently get outs.

 

Just who did you think should have pitched in that situation if it wasnt Perisho?

752084[/snapback]

Mecir and his backwords slider (screwball)

Rferry,

you talk about a LH specialist and this and that about letting Perisho pitch to only LHs.? Griffey/Casey were up.? Who would you have put in?? when it works, it is whatever!? A lesser reliever.? I did not realize we had a more qualified LH who is LH and get consistently get outs.

 

Just who did you think should have pitched in that situation if it wasnt Perisho?

752084[/snapback]

Mecir and his backwords slider (screwball)

752123[/snapback]

 

Mecir can only pitch one inning per game.

 

Perisho had an excellent outing.

Perisho is one of the better LH relievers in the league and his capacity to get ground balls is a perfect fit for our DP happy infield. I hope there isn't any Perisho bashing here.

If Perisho's control is there, which it has been this year, he looks pretty damn good out there.

If Perisho's control is there, which it has been this year, he looks pretty damn good out there.

752235[/snapback]

Although his control hass been rarer this spring than late last year.

 

:thumbup

If Perisho's control is there, which it has been this year, he looks pretty damn good out there.

752235[/snapback]

Although his control hass been rarer this spring than late last year.

 

:thumbup

752479[/snapback]

i agree

Looks like another good day for the pen. I missed the later part of the game...who was the batter that Perisho faced today???

 

:thumbup

Perisho walked Griffey, struckout Casey

752952[/snapback]

 

Thanks. Nice to see Jack is trying to have him face lefties whenever possible.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.