Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wow. Leiter no more

Featured Replies

While there's always room for improvement and the club should look at all their options, but if there's one team that could put up with two #5 starters (that's not a compliment), it's this one.

767192[/snapback]

 

I really wouldn't consider Moehler a number 5 starter, to be honest. He seems more like a 3rd or 4th starter on regular teams. Of course, on this one he's number 5. At this point, I think Leiter is our number 5 starter and Moehler is our number 4 starter.

While there's always room for improvement and the club should look at all their options, but if there's one team that could put up with two #5 starters (that's not a compliment), it's this one.

767192[/snapback]

 

I really wouldn't consider Moehler a number 5 starter, to be honest. He seems more like a 3rd or 4th starter on regular teams. Of course, on this one he's number 5. At this point, I think Leiter is our number 5 starter and Moehler is our number 4 starter.

767200[/snapback]

 

Moehler's a #5, not a #3 or a #4, he's a 5. A solid 5, maybe even an above average 5, but he's not a good team's middle of the rotation starter.

Many years an Al Leiter fan... I think it's over for him.? The last few starts have been pathetic.? Good guy, good bench coach for young pitchers, but no more in the rotation.? Cut him loose (if necessary) but cut the losses.

We have some hot-dog pitchers in the Minors.? Give them the chance they're busting their butts for.? Can't be worse.

766969[/snapback]

Sadly, I agree. I hate to say it, but Leiter has been awful this year. I really can't believe he's doing this bad.

766973[/snapback]

 

I can believe it...

Many years an Al Leiter fan... I think it's over for him. The last few starts have been pathetic. Good guy, good bench coach for young pitchers, but no more in the rotation. Cut him loose (if necessary) but cut the losses.

We have some hot-dog pitchers in the Minors. Give them the chance they're busting their butts for. Can't be worse.

766969[/snapback]

Sadly, I agree. I hate to say it, but Leiter has been awful this year. I really can't believe he's doing this bad.

766973[/snapback]

 

I can believe it...

767238[/snapback]

 

I hated that movie, but that sig is halarious.

 

 

I didn't know what to expect from Al. I atleast expected a 10 win season, i still dont think its unatainable, but i think if we make the playoffs, he won't be in the rotation.

I agree with you Ice Man. He would be our long reliever and Moehler would be our number 4 starter. If only we could get another Dontrelle mid-season... does anyone know how Olsen is doing?

I agree with you Ice Man. He would be our long reliever and Moehler would be our number 4 starter. If only we could get another Dontrelle mid-season... does anyone know how Olsen is doing?

767249[/snapback]

 

 

Others have said it, if Al walks this many, i dont think we need him in the bullpen.

 

What pains me is, we could have used that 8 mil to help lock up AJ, Josh, Pierre or D-Train. Or the stadium.

It's just the damn walks. He constantly pitches himself into trouble by trying to be too exact with the corners. He needs to trust his defense and throw first pitch strikes.

 

At times makes me wish we had Darren Oliver back.

 

j/k :p

... does anyone know how Olsen is doing?

 

Olsen is not ready

Everyone of course is forgetting that al leiter has had good starts this year. Hes only had 2 bad starts. Its too early to throw in the towel. And hojo i dont know how you cold have expected this considering leiter had a 3.21 ERA last year for your team. On top of that for all that leiter did for the mets, mets fans should be more appreciative of what he did in the past. I still have positive feelings for edgar renteria even though hes playing for my least favorite team.

I'd like to see Moehler get the starts Al was getting and use Al in the 5th starter's role for the time being.

766970[/snapback]

um Admin changing ur tune now??wat did i tell u...this guy sux man..

Everyone of course is forgetting that al leiter has had good starts this year. Hes only had 2 bad starts. Its too early to throw in the towel. And hojo i dont know how you cold have expected this considering leiter had a 3.21 ERA last year for your team. On top of that for all that leiter did for the mets, mets fans should be more appreciative of what he did in the past. I still have positive feelings for edgar renteria even though hes playing for my least favorite team.

767433[/snapback]

 

If you throw in all of last year as well, when though he had a good ERA, he walked a bunch, gave up too many HR's, and taxed the hell out of the bullpen, and the pictures not so great.

 

Also, remember that Al's excuse for walks last year was that he couldn't trust the Mets defense. Then why is it happening all over again, Alois?

he doesn't trust his stuff, and I think he is rellying too much on hitting the corners and getting close calls from the Umpires.

 

He needs to change that approach, or he won't last long in the rotation. Jack won't put up with it for long.

 

I rather see him with at a consistent 4.5 ERA, 6 IP and walks being down. Than this emotional roller coaster and lasting only 5 IP or less and walking every other batter.

Move Dontrelle to # 2, AJ to #3, and let Leiter, Mohler, Valdes, and anyone else they can find fight it out for 4 and 5.

767489[/snapback]

spots in the rotation dont mean anything once the season starts

Move Dontrelle to # 2, AJ to #3, and let Leiter, Mohler, Valdes, and anyone else they can find fight it out for 4 and 5.

767489[/snapback]

spots in the rotation dont mean anything once the season starts

767618[/snapback]

 

Well, they kind of do considering people higher in the rotation usually match up with other team's top pitchers.

 

Not to say that's a huge deal though, by the end of the year, it all balances out...

does anyone know how Olsen is doing?

767249[/snapback]

I think Logan Kensing is better candidate for a mid-season call-up although his potential is not quite as high.

Leiter should get few more tries.? He'll probably improve.

 

That said, I'm thinking that the Marlins should have signed Pavano, skipping Delgado, and playing Conine at first.? This would have given the Marlins awesome starting pitching.?

 

As Yogi said, good pitching beats good hitting and vice versa.

767434[/snapback]

Then the Marlins would be no better than they were last season. Pavano had a career year last season anyway.

 

I think the Marlins should have made stronger push for Clement or Odalis Perez though.

767792[/snapback]

 

That push for Clement or Perez would have ended up costing us a run at Delgado. Leiter's on a one year, heavily deferred deal, something Pavano, Clement and Perez would just not do...

Posted this in the other thread, but it seems more relevant here.

 

I thought the Marlins needed a 1-2 year starter to bridge to the next class of starters, and that Al Leiter was the best investment from this past year's free agent market that fit that role. Obviously I'm disappointed in his performance this year, we all are I'm sure, but I'll give him a few more months to prove himself.

leiter sux he's gotta go period :thumbdown

767838[/snapback]

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

leiter sux he's gotta go period :thumbdown

Thanks for the contribution

 

What's your opinion on Miguel Cabrera's physical looks?

Why would we switch Moehler and Leiter. Like someone said in another post, it isn't like our #1 matches up with other teams #1s anymore. That only happens in the first week or two. I like Leiter but his pitching has been bad.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.