Too Many Old Farts In The Dugout!

playattheplate

I don't think it's wise to surround Jack McKeon with all his old fart buddies! They are rubbing off on him...and putting each other to sleep on the bench!

This Vibe is probably coming from the bench and effecting the overall Energy of the team!

Ozzie Guillen had a pulse over at third! And I liked Admin Rosenberg or whatever!

Jack is quite enough OLD FART for all of us! When you surround him with the "Codger Club" he becomes part of them! He needs a couple of hungry, Energentic younger Coaches that would be happy to get in a Big League Dugout!

And not a bunch of old guys just riding it out 'til retirement! They're just hanging out!

Wasn't it rumored once that we were supposed to get Daulton as Bench Coach or Head Coach at some time a while back?

803968[/snapback]

Yes! not a bad idea Sir! Daulton, who made the famous comment in '97 after a brief observation of the clubhouse, that it was a "Country Club Atmosphere", may light a fire under some these guys' asses!!!!

you never know!?

This whole board is beginning to smell like an old fart. What's next......fire Billy?

803972[/snapback]

Somebody spray us down with Fritz Spritz fast!!!

Billy is really a horny, single guy who does nothing but follow the mermaids...God knows whats goin on under that suit! Can't blame him though?

but he could take a cold shower and maybe interact with the fans a little too.

uh? I'm not sure what to make of this post. For the most part this coaching staff is under 60. True Dunlap is almost as old as Jack, but the rest of the coaches are not what I would consider old by baseball standards. When a team like Anaheim has a coach in his 70's or the Yankees staff when they used to win were well into their 60's what does age have to do with it? Todays players could stand to learn a lot from these guys.

I didn't wanna say anything on this topick since the whole board seems to support McKeon and all of his buddies but there really is no connection besides baseball between the players and the coaches and managers. We definetly need someone the players can relate to. Someone more contemporary with their times. Do any of them even speak spanish? It's pretty bad really when the youngest guy there is the bullpen coordinator.

uh? I'm not sure what to make of this post. For the most part this coaching staff is under 60. True Dunlap is almost as old as Jack, but the rest of the coaches are not what I would consider old by baseball standards. When a team like Anaheim has a coach in his 70's or the Yankees staff when they used to win were well into their 60's what does age have to do with it? Todays players could stand to learn a lot from these guys.

804075[/snapback]

Yeah! They're(players) doin great!! :rolleyes

The reason? cuz of our record! that is my point...our coaching staff may be part of the problem...i trying to figure it out like everyone else!

804148[/snapback]

but the pitching isnt the problem...

you cant shake things up just for the point of shaking things up, there has to be a purpose behind it. You dont fire the pitching coach when you have some of the best pitching in the MLB