Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Dontrelle starts the All-Star game...

Featured Replies

A pitcher from the Astros did it in 1979 or 1980. I can't remember his name, but they did a piece on him on SportsCenter a few months ago. He wound up on drugs and homeless and he died recently, I believe.

Mike Scott?

Lets hope he can start. Keep voting for Delgado, Lo Duca and Cabrera. And dont forget Alex. Other teams stuff that sucker why cant we?

A pitcher from the Astros did it in 1979 or 1980. I can't remember his name, but they did a piece on him on SportsCenter a few months ago. He wound up on drugs and homeless and he died recently, I believe.

808954[/snapback]

That was JR Richard. Phenomenal talent. He was 6'8" with a 100 mph fastball. Think Randy Johnson before there was Randy Johnson. After starting the 1980 All-Star game, he complained of a tired arm and was having other physical problems. Turned out he had a blockage in an artery leading to his right arm, but the doctors at the time didn't think it was a big deal. They found out otherwise when the clot caused a stroke, nearly ended his life, and effectively ended his career two weeks later.

to be honest, I hope he doesn't start. I rather have our pitchers rested and ready for the stretch

809098[/snapback]

The starters of the ASG usually just go 1, 2, or 3 innings..

I think Jack has set up the rotation to have Dontrelle able to start the All-Star game and pitch maybe 2 innings there and still be fresh for the stretch run....

 

If D-Train doesn't get the honor it would be a hog wash cause no one has better numbers overall than he does at the moment in the NL

 

It should be a Dontrelle vs. Roy Halladay in the All-Star game

  • Author

to be honest, I hope he doesn't start. I rather have our pitchers rested and ready for the stretch

809098[/snapback]

 

Starting the All-Star game is such an honor, this guys deserves it more than anybody else. If he doesn't get the start it'll be a damn crying shame!

 

Oh, and starters in the all-star game usually only go 3 innings. And Jack set it up so he will be well rested.

A pitcher from the Astros did it in 1979 or 1980. I can't remember his name, but they did a piece on him on SportsCenter a few months ago. He wound up on drugs and homeless and he died recently, I believe.

808954[/snapback]

That was JR Richard. Phenomenal talent. He was 6'8" with a 100 mph fastball. Think Randy Johnson before there was Randy Johnson. After starting the 1980 All-Star game, he complained of a tired arm and was having other physical problems. Turned out he had a blockage in an artery leading to his right arm, but the doctors at the time didn't think it was a big deal. They found out otherwise when the clot caused a stroke, nearly ended his life, and effectively ended his career two weeks later.

809090[/snapback]

 

beat me to it Folk. J.R. Richard was a superstar waiting to happen.

to be honest, I hope he doesn't start. I rather have our pitchers rested and ready for the stretch

809098[/snapback]

 

You're ridiculous.

to be honest, I hope he doesn't start. I rather have our pitchers rested and ready for the stretch

809098[/snapback]

You do realize he'll only be in there for 2 whole innings, right?

 

Starting in the All-Star game will be a huge confidence booster for him and he'll be a better pitcher because of it. As long as he doesn't get knocked around like Clemens did last season, it's all good.

It's a shame they're playing in an AL park so he won't get a chance to hit... :whistle

809179[/snapback]

:D :thumbup

to be honest, I hope he doesn't start. I rather have our pitchers rested and ready for the stretch

809098[/snapback]

You do realize he'll only be in there for 2 whole innings, right?

 

Starting in the All-Star game will be a huge confidence booster for him and he'll be a better pitcher because of it. As long as he doesn't get knocked around like Clemens did last season, it's all good.

809271[/snapback]

 

Dont forget what happened to Pedro a few years back 2000 maybe? He started, and got himself so wound up he injured his shoulder, and has never had the same velocity since.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.