The reason why the Nats are in 1st and we arent

HEART! We had it in '03. I saw the Nats play the Mets today and even when they were down 5-2, they had this look and feel to them like they could have come back. I did not see that at all in our players. They all look tired and out of it. Even Seabass is smiling more than most of the Marlins Ive seen playing this year.

Even when we win its almost like the Marlins see it as a relief, but when the Nats win, they just try and elevate that energy. They use every game like a huge building block, just like we used to.

We need a pick me up bad! :(

HEART! We had it in '03. I saw the Nats play the Mets today and even when they were down 5-2, they had this look and feel to them like they could have come back. I did not see that at all in our players. They all look tired and out of it. Even Seabass is smiling more than most of the Marlins Ive seen playing this year.

Even when we win its almost like the Marlins see it as a relief, but when the Nats win, they just try and elevate that energy. They use every game like a huge building block, just like we used to.

840075[/snapback]

You might be able to make a case for that sometimes, but that's a bulls*** comparison. Just saying that they 'looked' like they could have come back is not good enough. They went 1-2-3 in the bottom of the 9th and we got 2 runners on and one over to third with only 1 out.

They might have 'looked' like they wanted to win in your opinion, but the Marlins obviously showed that they wanted to tonight.

This team is making a fool of itself and taking itself out of the run by losing the games that we absolutely should win. Teams that have the ups and downs like us dont't last very long. If we want to have a chance this season, we need to have about a 10-2 run... a few of them maybe. I am so tired of the mediocrity. We need to play solid and win the next three games. It is a must.

840075[/snapback]

You might be able to make a case for that sometimes, but that's a bulls*** comparison. Just saying that they 'looked' like they could have come back is not good enough. They went 1-2-3 in the bottom of the 9th and we got 2 runners on and one over to third with only 1 out.

They might have 'looked' like they wanted to win in your opinion, but the Marlins obviously showed that they wanted to tonight.

840086[/snapback]

The team includes the coaching staff and seeing the moves Jack has made, he missing that heart as well. So its kind of hard to show how much you want to win when he keeps see-sawing his confidence back and forth. He has to try and have some stability with his moves.

I saw the Nats play the Mets today and even when they were down 5-2, they had this look and feel to them like they could have come back.? I did not see that at all in our players.

I thought you were talking about the bottom of the 9th.

Plus you said players.

Sheffield doesn't want to play for anyone except the Yankees.? He will just drag us down if we somehow manage to trade for him.

840096[/snapback]

I don't understand this mindset at all.

840099[/snapback]

Does encarnacion want to play for us any more than sheffield does?

I mean even the announcers were saying how Encarnacion was the guy most pitchers want to see in that situation, simply because of how hot and cold he is at the plate. This is just another one of these decisions I cant understand. True Lo Duca didnt do anything today at the plate, but the percentages dont lie. Lo Duca is definitely a better contact hitter in a hitting spot where contact is necessary.

Jack is having too much of a gamblers mentality when it comes to his lineup and sometimes you have to use the usual "bread and butter" lineup, even if it doesnt come to pass. I just think its very important to get stability in now when you are getting to the 2nd half of the season. It just helps your players understand their roles better and helps them to adjust. You cant keep depending on certain streaks. :confused Youre team will never gain heart that way.

I mean even the announcers were saying how Encarnacion was the guy most pitchers want to see in that situation, simply because of how hot and cold he is at the plate. This is just another one of these decisions I cant understand. True Lo Duca didnt do anything today at the plate, but the percentages dont lie. Lo Duca is definitely a better contact hitter in a hitting spot where contact is necessary.

Jack is having too much of a gamblers mentality when it comes to his lineup and sometimes you have to use the usual "bread and butter" lineup, even if it doesnt come to pass. I just think its very important to get stability in now when you are getting to the 2nd half of the season. It just helps your players understand their roles better and helps them to adjust. You cant keep depending on certain streaks. :confused Youre team will never gain heart that way.

840115[/snapback]

Gain heart? I don't agree with everything Jack's done, but if the players aren't able to adapt, then they never had the 'heart' to begin with...

840115[/snapback]

Gain heart? I don't agree with everything Jack's done, but if the players aren't able to adapt, then they never had the 'heart' to begin with...

840120[/snapback]

Without the occurences of injuries and trades, which team has been in more flux with their lineup then the Marlins have? Its hard to gain heart when even your coach doesnt have heart in you to just let you play more without having to think the obvious possibility of having to change your position or role as fast as night and day change. There is an extent to adaptation and I think Jack is just pushing it.

From what Ive seen of the Nats, they play smallball, fundamental baseball...They don't make a lot of mistakes or errors that come back to bite them...

There were a lot of reasons why the Brewers won tonight....Jack's wacky managing, Sea Bass' error, LoDuca's losing the ball at the plate, and Delgado failing to get a sac fly to at least tie the game....

How did Jack's wacky managing affect the outcome of the game. When I analyze the game, his on-field decisions were to win the game.

840191[/snapback]

That's what i'm trying to figure out. People are just looking for a reason to hate Jack.

To pull Olsen was a great move, he walked Sheets earlier in the game and was was over his pitch count. He looked tired, and wasn't hitting the zone. Jack didn't want that to happen again, so he brings in a Bump, and Bump gets out of it. Soooooo, what's the problem?

840115[/snapback]

840120[/snapback]

Without the occurences of injuries and trades, which team has been in more flux with their lineup then the Marlins have? Its hard to gain heart when even your coach doesnt have heart in you to just let you play more without having to think the obvious possibility of having to change your position or role as fast as night and day change. There is an extent to adaptation and I think Jack is just pushing it.

840128[/snapback]

It seems like it's a lose-lose situation here. He keeps the lineup the same for a couple weeks and everyone's talking about how stupid it is to send the same guys out there every night to struggle. Then you get threads about how constantly shifting the lineup affects the players. Personally, I don't think any player's role has really changed that much from the start of the season. Lowell needed to be dropped in the order because he's been scuffling so much, I advocated dropping JP as well but it looks like he's coming around so for now I say, leave Enc 5th and Mikey 7th and have that be the standard lineup for awhile.