Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2005 Playoff Race Thread

Featured Replies

New York (Martinez) at Houston (Astacio), 8:05 EST

 

Who do we root for? If I had to pick a winner I say the Mets just because Pedro gets up for games like this but I dont know if I want him to pitch well or not?

877558[/snapback]

 

I am gonna answer my own question. With a Mets loss and a win by us we leap frog them in both the division and Wild card. With that said, GO 'STROS

ATL sweeps the Nats

 

concentrate on the Wild Card? Division is starting to look out of reach

Finals:

 

Washington 3, Atlanta 4

Arizona 6, Chicago 0

Cincinnatti 6, Los Angeles 1

New York (Martinez) at Houston (Astacio), 8:05 EST

 

Who do we root for? If I had to pick a winner I say the Mets just because Pedro gets up for games like this but I dont know if I want him to pitch well or not?

877558[/snapback]

 

I am gonna answer my own question. With a Mets loss and a win by us we leap frog them in both the division and Wild card. With that said, GO 'STROS

877804[/snapback]

 

I'd rather see the Astros cool off. They scare me.

New York (Martinez) at Houston (Astacio), 8:05 EST

 

Who do we root for? If I had to pick a winner I say the Mets just because Pedro gets up for games like this but I dont know if I want him to pitch well or not?

877558[/snapback]

 

I am gonna answer my own question. With a Mets loss and a win by us we leap frog them in both the division and Wild card. With that said, GO 'STROS

877804[/snapback]

 

I'd rather see the Astros cool off. They scare me.

877905[/snapback]

 

yep

Some scores:

 

PIT 0, FLA 2 - TOP 8

NYM 1, HOU 0 - TOP 4

SF 0, MIL 0 - BOT 4

PHI 0, COL 0 - TOP 1

With the win tonight, we are now 2.5 games back of the Washington Nationals (3.0 back of the Astros, pending their result with the Mets).

 

Current scores:

NYM 1, HOU 1 - TOP 7

SF 3, MIL 0 - TOP 6

PHI 1, COL 0 - TOP 3

BOO METS, BOO ASTROS... i want a tie...

 

Thier series is a lose lose for the fish... if i had to choose, id root mets, so the Nats still have ground to lose when we play them

I guess the best thing to hope for in the mets astors series is a split. That way if we win 2 out of 3 or sweep the nats we should be able to gain some ground on both

I guess the best thing to hope for in the mets astors series is a split. That way if we win 2 out of 3 or sweep the nats we should be able to gain some ground on both

878402[/snapback]

 

Yeah, a split is ideal, but if someone has to win, I'd rather the Mets. At least we have a handful of head to heads left with them to control our destiny. The only Astros left are in Houston and in September, I'd rather it didn't come down to then with them...

i rather see the mets win that way we are only 2.5 back of the nats and maybe if we take 2 out of 3 from them or sweep that would put us in good position to take over

BTW its hard to believe that this team that has been underachieving all season, and was 7 games out of the all star break, is now only 2.5 games behind washington, despite going on a 5-5 road trip.

 

This sort of reminds me of 2003 when we were tied with the phillies for the wild card and we both were playing horrible, yet we kept gaining ground because they were playing even worse.

BTW its hard to believe that this team that has been underachieving all season, and was 7 games out of the all star break, is now only 2.5 games behind washington, despite going on a 5-5 road trip.

 

This sort of reminds me of 2003 when we were tied with the phillies for the wild card and we both were playing horrible, yet we kept gaining ground because they were playing even worse.

878407[/snapback]

 

Yeah, and we went from being this close to calling it a season, to actually looking at out of town score-boards with a straight face...these guys are bad for my health. ;)

And importantly we have played two or three (depending on the team) less than the the teams ahead of us, which could be huge.

 

The big thing for the Fish right now is set the roster up so that players don't get exhausted in the 21 games in 20 days stretch. And pray for no more rain-outs !!!

And importantly we have played two or three (depending on the team) less than the the teams ahead of us, which could be huge.

 

The big thing for the Fish right now is set the roster up so that players don't get exhausted in the 21 games in 20 days stretch. And pray for no more rain-outs !!!

878411[/snapback]

 

good point. this where having Vargas, Olsen and Valdez should pay off in a big way

And importantly we have played two or three (depending on the team) less than the the teams ahead of us, which could be huge.

 

The big thing for the Fish right now is set the roster up so that players don't get exhausted in the 21 games in 20 days stretch. And pray for no more rain-outs !!!

878411[/snapback]

 

Those two games vs the Rockies might be a blessing in diguise. They are probably the worst team in all the land, so in theory we could pick up a full game on everyone on a day we werent suppose to even be playing.

And importantly we have played two or three (depending on the team) less than the the teams ahead of us, which could be huge.

 

The big thing for the Fish right now is set the roster up so that players don't get exhausted in the 21 games in 20 days stretch. And pray for no more rain-outs !!!

878411[/snapback]

 

Problem is those 2 extra are coming in the form of a double-header in Colorado, where anything can happen.

 

Counting on those two is a bit premature.

And importantly we have played two or three (depending on the team) less than the the teams ahead of us, which could be huge.

 

The big thing for the Fish right now is set the roster up so that players don't get exhausted in the 21 games in 20 days stretch. And pray for no more rain-outs !!!

878411[/snapback]

 

good point. this where having Vargas, Olsen and Valdez should pay off in a big way

878412[/snapback]

 

I agree with you. Last year we had to throw out Kensing in this situation without any experience and he got lit up. We have seen Olsen and Vargas pitch this year and they are not bad at all.

And importantly we have played two or three (depending on the team) less than the the teams ahead of us, which could be huge.

 

The big thing for the Fish right now is set the roster up so that players don't get exhausted in the 21 games in 20 days stretch. And pray for no more rain-outs !!!

878411[/snapback]

 

Problem is those 2 extra are coming in the form of a double-header in Colorado, where anything can happen.

 

Counting on those two is a bit premature.

878416[/snapback]

 

True, but if this team is a playoff team, they should be able to handle a team that is 30 games under .500. I am not trying to say we should just over look them, but if we plan on playing in october then they shouldnt be a problem

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.