Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2005 Playoff Race Thread

Featured Replies

Greetings !? fellow Floridians.

 

 

LET'S GO METS !!!

872719[/snapback]

How about "No!" you crazy Dutch bastard! :mischief

872720[/snapback]

 

 

That's no way to treat a fellow Deadhead. No, Sir, no way at all.

Oh no... *62 made his way over here. LOL

 

Of the two games I saw yesterday:

 

The Mets came back to save Pedro's ass... they're first comeback win of over 3 runs this year... good deal.

 

Andruw Jones won the Braves game on a ridiculous homer on a pitch at his friggin neck. Talk about pissing me off.

Greetings !? fellow Floridians.

 

 

LET'S GO METS !!!

872719[/snapback]

How about "No!" you crazy Dutch bastard! :mischief

872720[/snapback]

 

God, what movie is that from....I can see the scene...UGH!!!!

Greetings ! fellow Floridians.

 

 

LET'S GO METS !!!

872719[/snapback]

How about "No!" you crazy Dutch bastard! :mischief

872720[/snapback]

 

God, what movie is that from....I can see the scene...UGH!!!!

872737[/snapback]

 

Goldmember (Austin Powers)

I really should start waking up earlier.

 

Today's Games:

 

Houston 0, Washington 0 - Rodriguez vs Patterson (Bottom 1)

Los Angeles 0, New York 0 - Penny vs Benson (Bottom 1)

Milwaukee 1, Cincinnatti 0 - Davis vs Hudson (Bottom 1)

 

San Diego (Lawrence) at Philadelphia (Myers), 1:35 EST

Florida (Burnett) at San Francisco (Correia), 4:05 EST

Atlanta (Ramirez) at Arizona (Vazquez), 4:40 EST

Chicago (Prior) at St. Louis (Suppan), 8:05 EST

 

Wasn't Schmidt supposed to start today? Or am I missing something?

Mets took care of business, winning 6-0. Now on to Colorado, where ANYTHING can happen.

 

(I really hate the baseball played there)

All the Marlins have to do is take care of their business and everything will eventually fall into place. Plenty of time for it to happen to. :mischief

All the Marlins have to do is take care of their business and everything will eventually fall into place. Plenty of time for it to happen to. :mischief

873617[/snapback]

 

Truer words have never been said.

Dempster blows the save! Going to extras in St. Louis.

Updated Standings (7/25)

 

NL East:

55-44, --- back

55-44, --- back

52-47, 3.0 back

51-47, 3.5 back

49-47, 4.5 back

 

Wild Card:

55-44, --- out

55-44, --- out

52-47, 3 out

51-47, 3.5 out

51-47, 3.5 out

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/teams/1/80x60/fla.gif 49-47, 4.5 out

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/teams/1/80x60/chn.gif 50-48, 4.5 out

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/teams/1/80x60/mil.gif 48-51, 7 out

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/teams/1/80x60/ari.gif 48-52, 7.5 out

 

(cut off line for Wild Card is 10 games out or more)

ALRIGHT, now the braves and nats will beat on each other, we will beat on the pirates and then the nats, looking pretty goood.

Mets took care of business, winning 6-0. Now on to Colorado, where ANYTHING can happen.

 

(I really hate the baseball played there)

872961[/snapback]

 

Pity, too. Nicest baseball stadium I've ever seen a game at.

 

Runs scored and homers are down some since they decided to keep all the game baseballs in a humidor to retain moisture. Now all they have to do is develop "Coors Bats". :whistle

Mets took care of business, winning 6-0. Now on to Colorado, where ANYTHING can happen.

 

(I really hate the baseball played there)

872961[/snapback]

 

Pity, too. Nicest baseball stadium I've ever seen a game at.

 

Runs scored and homers are down some since they decided to keep all the game baseballs in a humidor to retain moisture. Now all they have to do is develop "Coors Bats". :whistle

873751[/snapback]

 

lol pre series excuses from the amazins :lol

The recent road trip went as though I had hoped (5-5) with us remaining 2 games over .500. Historically, a road trip involving the West Coast for any eastern baseball team has been viewed as difficult, and coming back at .500 is always viewed as being successful.

 

Now is the time to start leaving that neighborhood and start winning. I say we go 4-2 at home (2-1 vs. both teams) to be at 53-49 on Sunday. As much as I would like to sweep the Pirates, the team will have to show me that it can sweep an opponent (now, not in April) before I feel that confident. Heck, as has been mentioned by many others, let's win the first game in a series for once.

Mets took care of business, winning 6-0. Now on to Colorado, where ANYTHING can happen.

 

(I really hate the baseball played there)

872961[/snapback]

 

Pity, too. Nicest baseball stadium I've ever seen a game at.

 

Runs scored and homers are down some since they decided to keep all the game baseballs in a humidor to retain moisture. Now all they have to do is develop "Coors Bats". :whistle

873751[/snapback]

 

lol pre series excuses from the amazins :lol

873772[/snapback]

 

Sorry, I don't get it. Bu LOL anyway. :blink:

Mets took care of business, winning 6-0. Now on to Colorado, where ANYTHING can happen.

 

(I really hate the baseball played there)

872961[/snapback]

 

Pity, too. Nicest baseball stadium I've ever seen a game at.

 

Runs scored and homers are down some since they decided to keep all the game baseballs in a humidor to retain moisture. Now all they have to do is develop "Coors Bats". :whistle

873751[/snapback]

 

lol pre series excuses from the amazins :lol

873772[/snapback]

 

Sorry, I don't get it. Bu LOL anyway. :blink:

873861[/snapback]

 

making excuses for losing before the series starts. not trying to start s*** but actually trying to be mr funny man.

 

everyone laugh at jon.

 

:lol

The recent road trip went as though I had hoped (5-5) with us remaining 2 games over .500. Historically, a road trip involving the West Coast for any eastern baseball team has been viewed as difficult, and coming back at .500 is always viewed as being successful.

Well, if you want to look at just the west coast aspect of it, we went 4-2 over there.

 

Today's Games:

San Francisco (Schmidt) at Chicago (Hill), 8:05 EST

Arizona (Webb) at Milwaukee (Sheets), 8:05 EST

Philadelphia (Lidle) at Houston (Petitte), 8:05 EST

New York (Glavine) at Colorado (Acevedo), 9:05 EST

 

Two out of these four are directly between teams in the Wild Card race, so someone will have to down. Both leaders are off tonight as they play each other starting tomorrow.

Quick check of the scoreboards:

 

Houston 2 Philly 0, Bot 3

 

San Fran 1 Chicago 1, Bot 3

Houston's opening up a can of whoop ass on the Phillies, 5-0 in the Bottom of the 4th with just one out. The Astros have hit three homers already, two off the bat of Lance Berkman.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.