Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2005 Playoff Race Thread

Featured Replies

the series vs Washington this weekend is defintely the most important, but if we win it and then screw up in August, its all for not.

Whoops, looks like I overlooked one game that has Wild Card relevance:

 

CIN 2, LAD 4 - TOP 7

 

Finals:

Arizona 3, Milwaukee 0

San Francisco 3, Chicago 4

Washington 3, Atlanta 4

Pittsburgh 1, Florida 3

Philadelphia 2, Houston 3

New York 9, Colorado 3

I like to keep things official, but if you think it's so important to upstage how I do things then by all means go ahead

I like to keep things official, but if you think it's so important to upstage how I do things then by all means go ahead

877337[/snapback]

Yes, that's what I have been planning on doing this whole time.....

Back button is awesome...

 

 

Updated through 7/27 12:17am EST

 

NL East:

57-44, --- back

55-46, 2 back

52-49, 5.0 back

50-48, 5.5 back

52-50, 5.5 back

 

Wild Card:

55-46, --- out

54-47, 1.0 out

52-49, 3.0 out

52-49, 3.0 out

50-48, 3.5 out

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/teams/1/80x60/phi.gif 52-50, 3.5 out

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/teams/1/80x60/mil.gif 50-52, 5.5 out

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/teams/1/80x60/ari.gif 49-54, 7.0 out

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/teams/1/80x60/los.gif 46-54, 8.5 out

You are playing with fire gainesvillemarlin.

3.5... and a 3 game series againt em this weekend.. so sweeeeeeet

877353[/snapback]

 

Yeah, but we need to have the Astros and Cubs lose with consistency.

we must close up this series tonight with a win. i think its a huge confidence boost not only for the fish but for d-train aswell. lets get a good crowd out tonight to show d-train support!

Well, as soon as our buddy decides to update the Los Angeles game, we'll have updated standings.

 

Today's Playoff Games:

Washington (Drese) at Atlanta (Sosa), 1:05 EST

Arizona (Halsey) at Chicago (Williams), 2:20 EST

Cincinnatti (Claussen) at Los Angeles (Houlton), 3:10 EST

Pittsburgh (Wells) at Florida (Willis), 7:05 EST

San Francisco (Hennessey) at Milwaukee (Santos), 8:05 EST

New York (Martinez) at Houston (Astacio), 8:05 EST

Philadelphia (Tejeda) at Colorado (Kim), 9:05 EST

 

Some series are wrapping up today, while other teams begin 4 game sets. The New York vs Houston series looks to be the biggest one of the weekend, and it's another Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don't series. If Houston continues to just leave NL East teams shredded in its path, the Marlins will continue to ascend in the division (granted they do their part as well), but the Astros will also continue to gain ground. They are already within 1 game of the Nats, and can jump them if we take care of business and they can handle the Mets. However, the Mets sit just a half game in front of us right now and a poor showing in Houston could send their season into permanent pitfall like the Astros seem to have done with the Nationals and the Phillies.

 

Hopefully we can get an updated standings look before the first game starts.

Something I forgot:

 

When pondering our chances compared to Houston's in the remaining months of the season, remember that we don't play them anymore during the regular season.

thank you Juankt. You rock. We need willis to come out and be the first half willis we all loved. If he does that would go A long way towards helping us out here.

I think it is pretty amazing seeing as how we were 7.5 games out of both races a week ago at this time. We made up 2 gmes in the division and 4 games in the wild card in a week. Thats amazing! Keep up the good work guys.

New York (Martinez) at Houston (Astacio), 8:05 EST

 

Who do we root for? If I had to pick a winner I say the Mets just because Pedro gets up for games like this but I dont know if I want him to pitch well or not?

New York (Martinez) at Houston (Astacio), 8:05 EST

 

Who do we root for? If I had to pick a winner I say the Mets just because Pedro gets up for games like this but I dont know if I want him to pitch well or not?

877558[/snapback]

 

Astros because a Mets loss helps in the division and in the wild card while an Astros loss only helps for the wild card.

We want the Mets to beat out Houston so we can gain ground on the Stros. We can gain ground on the Mets when we play them. That's how I see it.

New York (Martinez) at Houston (Astacio), 8:05 EST

 

Who do we root for? If I had to pick a winner I say the Mets just because Pedro gets up for games like this but I dont know if I want him to pitch well or not?

877558[/snapback]

 

Astros because a Mets loss helps in the division and in the wild card while an Astros loss only helps for the wild card.

877560[/snapback]

 

 

I agree with the Head Fish

New York (Martinez) at Houston (Astacio), 8:05 EST

 

Who do we root for? If I had to pick a winner I say the Mets just because Pedro gets up for games like this but I dont know if I want him to pitch well or not?

Normally I would say Houston, but since the Astros are on fire and we can control our own fate against New York, I'd prefer a Met victory tonight. Either way a team ahead of us will win, however.

Can we root for both to play a 21 inning game and both end up losing somehow after blowing out their bullpens? Just hopeful thinking :)

 

Speaking of bullpens 2 days in a row we have reached deep into ours with 19 games in 18 days left. That isnt good.

Back button is awesome...

 

 

Updated through 7/27

 

NL East:

57-44, --- back

55-46, 2 back

52-49, 5.0 back

50-48, 5.5 back

52-50, 5.5 back

 

Wild Card:

55-46, --- out

54-47, 1.0 out

52-49, 3.0 out

52-49, 3.0 out

50-48, 3.5 out

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/teams/1/80x60/phi.gif 52-50, 3.5 out

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/teams/1/80x60/mil.gif 50-52, 5.5 out

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/teams/1/80x60/ari.gif 49-54, 7.0 out

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/teams/1/80x60/los.gif 46-55, 9.0 out

877344[/snapback]

New York (Martinez) at Houston (Astacio), 8:05 EST

 

Who do we root for? If I had to pick a winner I say the Mets just because Pedro gets up for games like this but I dont know if I want him to pitch well or not?

Normally I would say Houston, but since the Astros are on fire and we can control our own fate against New York, I'd prefer a Met victory tonight. Either way a team ahead of us will win, however.

877610[/snapback]

 

 

Sept. 12-15 we are facing the astros in a 4 game series in Houston, so we are facing them head to head, if were still in the wild card chase those will be huge games

 

September will be a huge month

New York (Martinez) at Houston (Astacio), 8:05 EST

 

Who do we root for? If I had to pick a winner I say the Mets just because Pedro gets up for games like this but I dont know if I want him to pitch well or not?

Normally I would say Houston, but since the Astros are on fire and we can control our own fate against New York, I'd prefer a Met victory tonight. Either way a team ahead of us will win, however.

 

Sept. 12-15 we are facing the astros in a 4 game series in Houston, so we are facing them head to head, if were still in the wild card chase those will be huge games

 

September will be a huge monthOh damn, I missed that series completely. That's going to be a huge series.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.