Where's the Remote?

RossInfoMan

TV Thief Caught When He Returns For Remote Control

Man Poses As Angry Customer

MOSCOW -- There's more proof that men can't live without their remote controls.

Police in a western Russian city say they didn't think they'd be able to catch a thief who stole a TV set from a store. That is until the man came back to claim the remote control from the stunned clerks.

The clerks recognized the guy when he came back, posing as an angry customer and claiming the store didn't give him the warranty, clicker, antenna and instruction manual.

The clerks called police, who detained the man. They say they later found the stolen TV at his apartment.

Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press.

I remember when I was the remote for my parents. We would sit closer to the TV and my parents would shout commands"]

Ahhhh, the memories.

I remember 7 stations growing up, and if we were really lucky (and the antenna worked just right) you could also get 1 or 2 UHF stations as well. Of course, all the sets had to be changed by turning the channel knob, which children always loved to turn WAY too fast. This would always lead to the regular "Easy, you're going to break it" speech.

Where did I put those rabbit ears???????

later.......