The Smashing Pumpkins

MarlinsFan253

"For a year now I have walked around with a secret, a secret I chose to keep. But now I want you to be among the first to know that I have made plans to renew and revive The Smashing Pumpkins. I want my band back, and my songs, and my dreams. In this desire I feel I have come home again." -Billy Corgan

Great news for music. :)

It's a little old but it still gets me excited. I would pay a kidney for a reunion show.

As for his solo project, it's good nothing great and defiantly not the pumpkins. I would say it's somewhat a homage to all his favorite electronic bands of the 80's.

The beegees remake with Smith on the album was awesome

• 8 months later...
Guest Juanky

Oh yes, GnR is terrible :rolleyes:

And it's not the same because the Guns was just Axl with filler. GnR doesn't exist without Slash, Duff, and co. behind Axl.

Jimmy Chamberlin is in and that is a definite start in the right direction. It's speculated that Melissa Auf Der Maur is in as well. Another big step in the right direction.

amazing ... Jimmy is a hell of a drummer some of the stuff he did on the mellon collie and infinate sadness album is mind blowing

About Melissa Auf Der Maur ... I like D'Arcy but Auf Der Maur is much much better than her and she is damn sexy too. That girl has been in some pretty cool bands ... Hole, Smashing Pumpkins, Perfect Circle, and her own solo stuff which is great too

but thanks for the Jimmy Chamberlain news

• 1 year later...

Jimmy Chamberlin is in and that is a definite start in the right direction. It's speculated that Melissa Auf Der Maur is in as well. Another big step in the right direction.

amazing ... Jimmy is a hell of a drummer some of the stuff he did on the mellon collie and infinate sadness album is mind blowing

About Melissa Auf Der Maur ... I like D'Arcy but Auf Der Maur is much much better than her and she is damn sexy too. That girl has been in some pretty cool bands ... Hole, Smashing Pumpkins, Perfect Circle, and her own solo stuff which is great too

Maur is obviously hot and probably a better player but come on man.. Darcy is the sh*t.

No Iha + No Darcy = Not smashing pumpkins

Still excited nonetheless.

I don't like that at all.

"Meh".

I'd be much happier with a new Zwan record...

I'm not sure we can e-talk anymore.

:(

Jay:You're breaking up with us?Who the hell do you think you are, lady? You can't go around breaking people's hearts like that! I fell in love with you. We fell in love with you! Guys like us don't just fall out of the sky, you know!

Is it the comment on the album cover or the Zwan comment? I can defend both, but I can probably defend the Zwan part better.

Maur is obviously hot and probably a better player but come on man.. Darcy is the sh*t.

No Iha + No Darcy = Not smashing pumpkins

Still excited nonetheless.

I couldn't disagree more.

Lets be serious, when it comes to composing the record it's basically Corgan having nearly all control with some input from Chamberlin. After that the pieces are interchangeable.

I love Jimmy Iha too but The Pumpkins are all Corgan.

I don't like that at all.

"Meh".

I'd be much happier with a new Zwan record...

I'm not sure we can e-talk anymore.

:(

Jay:You're breaking up with us?Who the hell do you think you are, lady? You can't go around breaking people's hearts like that! I fell in love with you. We fell in love with you! Guys like us don't just fall out of the sky, you know!

Is it the comment on the album cover or the Zwan comment? I can defend both, but I can probably defend the Zwan part better.

Well album covers are album covers. Plenty of good ones on sh*t albums and plenty of bad ones on great albums so I don't really care about them more than to say, 'Oh that looks sweet' or 'Oh, not a fan'.

I took more 'offense' to saying you'd rather have a new Zwan album (I loved Mary Star of the Sea) than this.

The Pumpkins will always have a soft spot for me, Siamese Dream was the first album I ever bought with my own money - on cassette too.

I don't care that much if this will suck or not, I just like the idea of them making a new album too much.

Well album covers are album covers. Plenty of good ones on sh*t albums and plenty of bad ones on great albums so I don't really care about them more than to say, 'Oh that looks sweet' or 'Oh, not a fan'.

I took more 'offense' to saying you'd rather have a new Zwan album (I loved Mary Star of the Sea) than this.

The Pumpkins will always have a soft spot for me, Siamese Dream was the first album I ever bought with my own money - on cassette too.

I don't care that much if this will suck or not, I just like the idea of them making a new album too much.

Well, personally, I thought the Zwan lineup was perfect for Billy Corgan, as I really think he benefitted from their 3 guitar set up, as he's a very bombastic song writer and it helped realize his vision.

I've never been a huge Pumpkins fan, and I thought their last 2 albums are pretty bad, but I loved the Zwan album because it was a different direction. There's no denying Billy Corgan is one of the most talented song writers around, but I'm afraid this is going to be "Machina" all over again. I'm just hoping he goes for a more melodic sound than he was doing with the Pumpkins towards the end. Give up the angst, billy. You are like 45.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.