Beinfest went after Manny Ramirez

RockyMountainMarlin

The Blue Jays and Marlins called the Red Sox about LF Manny Ramirez, but both clubs ultimately decided against making a strong push for him. Although Jays ownership has approved a payroll outlay of $210 million for 2005, 2006, 2007, Ramirez still would have represented too large a percentage of the budget.

:blink:

Could you imagine Manny, Cabrera, Delgado? Nuts...

This would have been a great lineup but imagine how bad of an outfield that would be if Miggy and Manny both had one of those days when they dont feel like playing on the same day, JP would have to catch every fly ball hit to the outfield, it would be like little league. I like the team how it is and am thrilled that AJ is still here.

There's no way Epstein would have accepted unless the Marlins were offering Delgado or Cabs as well.

889587[/snapback]

Actually from what I heard, Epstein inquired to us about Manny, asking for AJ straight up, then we once again insisted on Mikey going along.

There's no way Epstein would have accepted unless the Marlins were offering Delgado or Cabs as well.

889587[/snapback]

Actually from what I heard, Epstein inquired to us about Manny, asking for AJ straight up, then we once again insisted on Mikey going along.

889651[/snapback]

I seriously doubt it ws for AJ straight up..

889587[/snapback]

889651[/snapback]

889654[/snapback]

I doubt that also. the deal was probably AJ and two or three highly rated prospects for Manny.

889587[/snapback]

889651[/snapback]

889654[/snapback]

I doubt that also. the deal was probably AJ and two or three highly rated prospects for Manny.

889655[/snapback]

why?

the Mets "supposedly" were only giving up Mike Cameron

would you guys do this trade-a.j. burnett, encarnacion,mota for ramirez? just wondering because the radio station i was listening too said that that would have been what we needed to give up to get manny

889951[/snapback]

That would go down in history as the worst trade ever made by a professional sports franchise and would probably guarantee the Marlins last place n their division for years to come.

Yes, I understand Burnett and Enc are F/As and Mota, is well Mota, but the astronomical cost of Manny's contract, would undo everything Beinfest has tried to do in one stroke of the pen.

No thanks.

would you guys do this trade-a.j. burnett, encarnacion,mota for ramirez? just wondering because the radio station i was listening too said that that would have been what we needed to give up to get manny

889951[/snapback]

Depends on how much of Manny's salary the Marlins would have to pick up.

I'd rather put Lowell in the deal than Encarnacion, anyway, if money needs to be cleared.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.