fav all-time movies?

The_Punisher

Guest Juanky

I'm not a frat boy :(

It's a movie you might have to watch 2-3 times to understand (not always the case), but I highly recommend it. Everyone I've shown the movie to has absolutely loved it.

This is tough... some real good choices in here.

Some good ones listed by the Mets Fans (Taxi Driver, Big Lebowski, Pulp Fiction and Goodfellas).

Also some good ones mentioned in: Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrells, Boondock Saints, Usual Suspects, Full Metal Jacket and Shawshank Redemption.

I'm a sucker for Mafia and Robert DeNiro movies. I don't think I could argue if I had to watch Godfather II for the rest of my life.

Usual Suspects is one of all-time favorites. I also love the movie Fargo.

I don't know, this is a toughy. Any fans of Donnie Darko?

Guest Juanky

I love Donnie Darko. That movie is awesome, unfortunately it's fallen into the "Napolean Dynamite" category for movies that are good but popular for the wrong reasons.

I'm a big Darko fan. Probably just outside my Top 5.

Also, Juanky, I never said you had to be a frat boy to enjoy Boondock...but you probably have to love Boondock Saints if you're going to enter any frat worth joining. And I agree with you on Darko and ND. I finally got around to watching ND last week, expecting to hate it for exactly all the reasons most people liked it, but after the first 15 minutes or so, once I got past my pre-hate, I ended up liking it a lot.

#1) Underground

The story starts from an underground manufacture of weapons of Belgrade, during the WWII, and evolves into fairly surreal situations. The black marketeer who smuggles the weapons to partisans forgets to mention to the workers that the war is over, and they keep producing. 50 years later, they become suspicious, and break out of their underground "shelter" --- only to convince themselves that the guy was right: the war is still going on.

I love this movie. It is extremely funny, but it also has a whole lot of meaning and it is very sad at times. It isn't easy to get your hands on it, but I recommend it to anyone (if you do not mind subtitles, unless you speak slavic).

#2) Johnny Stecchino (italian movie by Benigni)

Its so hard...cause Im such a movie freak...but since I can watch Tommy Boy a million times and still laugh the entire time...it has to be my number 1

then i guess id go with The Princess Bride

or the Goonies

or the Sandlot

or Willow :whistle

Sorry...but its impossible for me to name just 2

My ex-girlfriend made me watch Napoleon Dynamite(and the notebook...I'm glad we broke up)...but anyway, ND is awesome, I hate it the first time and then it grew on me. I've seen it like 50 times. But I am going to add a few more:

I have 3 favorite war movies(Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down-which they made us watch in Basic Training, and We Were Soldiers), my favorite comedies are American Pie 2, American Pie, Eurotrip, The Girl Next Door, Not Another Teen Movie, and Kung Pow, and Me Myself and Irene...I love the Terminator and LotR Trilogys, of course the Star Wars series, Predator 1 & 2, ET, I'm a sucker for comic book movies...(X-Men series, Spiderman series, Blade trilogy, Batman, Daredevil, Punisher, Spawn in that order), I love My Fellow Ameicans, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Blazing Saddles, and of course, my favorite movie of all time: Tombstone. I know the title said pick 2 but I am one of those people with a whole crap load of favorite movies.

Guest markotsay7

Office Space

Anchorman

are the two right now.

Here's my list of all of them though:

Edward Scissorhands, Forrest Gump, As Good As It Gets, The Truman Show, Team America, Phantom of the Opera, Young Frankenstein, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Throw Momma from the Train, Office Space, There's Something About Mary, Anchorman, Gladiator, Sin City, Batman Begins, Cinderella Man