Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

all the jack haters

Featured Replies

It's amazing how mostly everybody hates Jack when were losing, but when were winning Jack is doing a good job. For example just a little less then 2 weeks ago when the marlins were in first place for the wild card everyone was praising Jack. Is it really his fault that Lowell is starting 2 wake up 10 days before the season ends, that his bullpen can hold a lead, that Alex, Paulie, Louie, Easley, are all injured or are playing but not nearly 100%, or is it his fault that J.P. is hitting .270... I dont think its Jacks fault that A.J lost 5 straight starts. A.J is not worth 10 million a year and some crazy team is going 2 give him a huge contract and he is either gonna get injured or be a sorry pitcher.

eh... alot of us have been against Jack, even when we were winning a few weeks ago

I've been mad at Jack since mid season last year. The team hasn't been playing well and something has gotta give. Usually, it's the manager.

eh... alot of us have been against Jack, even when we were winning a few weeks ago

 

 

 

Why? Cause he didnt play Willingham?

eh... alot of us have been against Jack, even when we were winning a few weeks ago

 

 

 

Why? Cause he didnt play Willingham?

Because the team has been underachieving for two years.

I've been mad at Jack since mid season last year. The team hasn't been playing well and something has gotta give. Usually, it's the manager.

 

 

 

Granted, the manager suffers the consequence but lets face it, the 2003 hit its stride toward the end of the year, the 2004 team was ok after the big trade but very streaky and this years team, although we all had high expectations, was probably not as good TEAM as in 2003 or 2004 and truly lacks leadership. The supposed addition of Leiter was intended to be a key point here but his performance alone discounted the leadership aspect.

 

 

 

eh... alot of us have been against Jack, even when we were winning a few weeks ago

 

 

 

Why? Cause he didnt play Willingham?

Because the team has been underachieving for two years.

 

 

so if the parts to the puzzle dont fit, it must be the person putting the puzzle together.

although I do agree that we have underachieved based on what we perceived on paper.

eh... alot of us have been against Jack, even when we were winning a few weeks ago

 

 

 

Why? Cause he didnt play Willingham?

Listen, you know I respect Jack alot, but he has been driving me insane for a year + now. He seems to make a move every night, win or lose, that just leaves me shaking my head. And him not playing Willingham or Hermida isnt helping his cause in my book either.

I like Jack quite a bit. And I really appreciate what he accomplished in 2003.

 

However I also recognize it's time for a change as Jack has been unable to build a winning attitude in the clubhouse and often makes questionable calls. His end-of-the-game management has been quite poor the past two years. Perhaps he was lucky in 2003. Apparently his unorthodox style of managing has worn thin.

 

It's time for a change.

 

All that being said the only coach I really want to see replaced is Bill Robinson.

eh... alot of us have been against Jack, even when we were winning a few weeks ago

 

 

 

Why? Cause he didnt play Willingham?

Listen, you know I respect Jack alot, but he has been driving me insane for a year + now. He seems to make a move every night, win or lose, that just leaves me shaking my head. And him not playing Willingham or Hermida isnt helping his cause in my book either.

 

 

me 2 and not just on the field

eh... alot of us have been against Jack, even when we were winning a few weeks ago

 

 

 

Why? Cause he didnt play Willingham?

Listen, you know I respect Jack alot, but he has been driving me insane for a year + now. He seems to make a move every night, win or lose, that just leaves me shaking my head. And him not playing Willingham or Hermida isnt helping his cause in my book either.

Not playing Hermida? and Willingham? Look, it is true that they need to get regular at bats to perform, but what has hermida done so far? The few at bats I have seen him in this year, asides from the granny, were pretty awful looking. But maybe I'm wrong, i haven't seen a game in more than two weeks after moving to Boston.

 

Right now I am all for a coaching change, but sometimes not even a coaching change will help an underachieving team. It is very easy to toss all bad things on top of the coach, but we all know that there is more than that to this marlins season. Like it or not, Jack has been the best manager we've ever had; 1 WSC and two winning seasons, it sounds pretty good to me. Now, has this season been a disappointment? Most certainly. Lets see if the next manager can do better than Jack.

I respect Jack and his accomplishments anyone who isnt appreciative of 03 is bitter but his time here has come to an end fair or not the Marlins didnt meet expectations in the last two seasons and many of the 50/50 moves , the moves that if it works the manager is a genius and if it doesnt the manager is an idiot, have gone against Jack. Plus our soft clubhouse couldnt handle his toughness ...more a knock against them than Jack. Happy Trails Jack and thanks for the memories!

Let me just say that i want Jack Mckeon to be head coach of this team until he decides its time to let go.

I agree he has made some bad moves with the bullpen and not letting some players play like hermida and letting guys like lowell play. I mean cmon he was going to put lowell at 2nd base!

But i believe in Jack. He is the manager of this team for a reason and will continue to be the coach. This is his last team after florida he is going back home so i wanna see him go out with a win.

If he is let go after the season then so be it i have no say in it. if let go id like to see lou pinella coach this team i wanna see what he can do with this team. I believe he can coach this team back to the world series....oh and it would if he had more money!!!

 

but we dont so we gotta deal with it. i mean hey this team has won 2 rings in less than 15 years with a crappy payroll so w/e im done here.

Why is this debate about Jack continuing? We all know that a change is going to happen and we all want the Marlins to do better next year. You all know, whether you disagree or not, that I haven't been bouncing back and forth about Jack and have actually disected what I have been disatisfied with aLll year. However, it's over. A new guy will be coming in soon and roster changes will be done as well. I think that we should be curious about who are the possibilities for next year's team instead of debating Jack and his moves.

 

As for possible replacements; Leyland, the Marlins most knowledgable and best strategical manager ever, won't be available because do you all think that he'll choose Florida over his old home in Pittsburgh or the opportunity to work with Dave Dombrowski again in Detroit? Not likely.

 

I think that it comes down to Girardi, Pinella, and Davey Johnson. Unless there is someone there that we don't know about, like Tony Pena maybe.

 

Personally with Pinella becoming available, I say go with him and let a younger guy (maybe Mordecai) be his understudy in preperation for the day that Pinella retires. Pinella can sure bring a spark to any situation. He can start a fire with water. He will call out players; even fight them. He'll go to war to protect the ones that give him 100%. He's perfect for an underachieving team.

 

Davey Johnson has 2 turnoffs as I stated in other threads. 1) He is a strong advocate of waiting for the 3-run homer due to his experience of playing under Earl Weaver during his days in Baltimore. 2) He probably would retain Bill Robinson because of their ties when they were together in NY with the Mets. That's scary.

 

Any way, let's end all of this Jack stuff. It's over. The Jack supporters have come to accept it and the Jack bashers are getting what they wanted. Also, the Jack supporters know that several players that caused this disappointment may not be here next year either. So let's move on to discussing how to improve the team.

 

:thumbup

Jack drives me positively batshit with bonehead moves pretty much every night.

 

Lowell finally hot? 3-4 with 4RBIs? Lets have him bunt!

I really appreciate what Jack did in 2003 but it's time for a change.

Jack should forget my early comment [on the mlb.com this March]. Ie. the Marlins will win neither the division title nor the wild card with Jack. :whistle After all, as fas as I know, his 3 years with the Marlins are the first consecutive winning seasons in the Marlins history. Not bad before retirement of a manager with 1000+ wins. :notworthy

I really appreciate what Jack did in 2003 but it's time for a change.

Jack should forget my early comment [on the mlb.com this March]. Ie. the Marlins will win neither the division title nor the wild card with Jack. :whistle After all, as fas as I know, his 3 years with the Marlins are the first consecutive winning seasons in the Marlins history. Not bad before retirement of a manager with 1000+ wins. :notworthy

 

 

I wonder how many games would Jim Leyland have won and how many consecutive winning seasons would he have had if the ownership hadn't oredered for the breakup of the 1997 team. It's all in the talent that you have. Jim Leyland is the best manager in this team's history.

I wonder how many games would Jim Leyland have won and how many consecutive winning seasons would he have had if the ownership hadn't oredered for the breakup of the 1997 team. It's all in the talent that you have. Jim Leyland is the best manager in this team's history.

 

Before sneaking into the wild card and playing in the postseason, that 1997 season was a disappointment. Leyland should have won the division with the guys he had. He didn't, and needed Daulton to get him to the postseason.

 

Jack has had some good not great squads and done a mediocre job the past two years. Some of the players don't like him any more. It's time to let him go.

I really appreciate what Jack did in 2003 but it's time for a change.

Jack should forget my early comment [on the mlb.com this March]. Ie. the Marlins will win neither the division title nor the wild card with Jack. :whistle After all, as fas as I know, his 3 years with the Marlins are the first consecutive winning seasons in the Marlins history. Not bad before retirement of a manager with 1000+ wins. :notworthy

 

 

I wonder how many games would Jim Leyland have won and how many consecutive winning seasons would he have had if the ownership hadn't oredered for the breakup of the 1997 team. It's all in the talent that you have. Jim Leyland is the best manager in this team's history.

 

I like Johnson,Pinella either one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.