Josh Willingham

How is he defensively and can he manage a game behind the plate.

By most accounts he's below-average defensively behind the plate. I have no idea about his "game calling" abilities.

I think it's possible he could split time with Treanor at catcher, but IMO he'll get the majority of his starts in the outfield.

He threw out under 20% of base-stealers, so I hope he's not the idea behind the plate, but for some reason, he's continually viewed as a catcher.

I may be really in the minority, but I think that barring some other move, he's our catcher to start the year.

Considering Girardi was a no offense good defensive catcher I believe he will go with Treanor before he uses Willy.

The only thing that has been reported is that he is slow to shifting to a throwing position. But it's pretty much universally assumed (why? I don't know and no one else does) that he will never be a catcher in the majors.

He threw out under 20% of base-stealers, so I hope he's not the idea behind the plate, but for some reason, he's continually viewed as a catcher.

I may be really in the minority, but I think that barring some other move, he's our catcher to start the year.

Considering Girardi was a no offense good defensive catcher I believe he will go with Treanor before he uses Willy.

Or Girardi realizes that was a flaw in his game and will not make the same mistake(s) in his managerial career.

He has a sweet little swing and is patient at the plate. Behind the plate, though, he looks like crap. His tenure in 2004 behind the plate was full of pass balls, teams running all over him, and a least one obstruction call, and one game where he gave up a critical run because he didn't touch the plate with his foot on a force play. I'm sure he is better now but, man, he left a really crappy first impression on me as a catcher.

If Willingham is in left field and Treanor behind the plate....who is the back up to Treanor? We have no one but Pierre in the bullpen......we have to be looking for someone...somewhere....are we really serious in getting Charles Johnson back? I know Gerardi wants a seasoned catcher to help the young pitchers.......