Willis Reported to Sign Contract Extension

PBMarlin

Just heard Ronnie Lane on XM radio state that Dontrelle Willis has signed a contract extension that covers his arbitration years. He mentioned it as a reason he didn't believe Dontrelle was going to be traded. He didn't offer any contract details (years, $$$)

I've searched the wires and haven't seen anything reported yet. Has anybody else seen anything?

Just heard Ronnie Lane on XM radio state that Dontrelle Willis has signed a contract extension that covers his arbitration years. He mentioned it as a reason he didn't believe Dontrelle was going to be traded. He didn't offer any contract details (years, $$$)

I've searched the wires and haven't seen anything reported yet. Has anybody else seen anything?

Ha that could be the reason why he IS traded, lol!

Ha that could be the reason why he IS traded, lol!

What does this really mean? That he gets more money up front? Let's wait to celebrate til we see the terms of the deal. Still it looks quite good.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Did talk like this was breaking news? Or did he make it sound like this was established (therefore errant) information?

He said it more as a matter of fact....not like breaking news. That's why I'm looking for some other confirmation.

Hmm...I'm just telling myself this is misinformation. That way if it turns out to be true, then I can be all happy and excited.