Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

For those who can think rationally, won't next year be fun to watc

Featured Replies

An entire team, all growing up together. Think of last year's Indians or an even more clear cut example would be the Chicago Bulls in the NBA.

 

The entire team is young. Everyone knows they all have talent, but they are going to make rookie mistakes. But every week, once a night or so, you'll probably see something special that reveals the talent that is underneath.

 

To me, that's exciting to watch.

 

Who's with me on that?

It will certainly be an exciting young team. I'm looking forward to it. :thumbup The only thing I am doom and gloom about is the stadium issue.

Very exciting team to watch next year. Just wonderring, what's our starting rotation for next year look like after the trade with the Cubs?

I agree, I'm excited too. But the off-season is not over yet, and I'm guessing some of those pitching prospects we got are going to play a role in upcoming trades for established position players. At this point, who knows who'll be wearing a Marlins uniform come Spring? It's going to get interesting pretty soon...

I agree...just wished we had a couple more prospects for 2b, CF & C.

 

Hopefully Beinfest has some sort of plan...

 

:mischief2

I agree with you, its just hard for some to be positive when you have an "instant gratification" mentality.

Most people want immediate results, and who can blame them when you have to experience this every 7. years

NO. for me the cloud of relocation is there. tell me if they are moving or not. I don't care if they field a single A team at this point

on tv maybe because you can always switch channels but if you drive 45 minutes to the stadium only to see a pitcher get hammered for 10 runs in the first inning and then have to stick watching that game in pain then no.

on tv maybe because you can always switch channels but if you drive 45 minutes to the stadium only to see a pitcher get hammered for 10 runs in the first inning and then have to stick watching that game in pain then no.

 

 

That won't happen once next year, I guarantee it. The rookies we'll have in the majors next season have good enough "stuff" that they won't get hammered to the tune of 10 runs in the first inning (unless we commit a handful of errors, of course). Plus, to score 10 runs usually requires a few homeruns. I just don't see it. Maybe 6 runs. :p

An entire team, all growing up together. Think of last year's Indians or an even more clear cut example would be the Chicago Bulls in the NBA.

 

The entire team is young. Everyone knows they all have talent, but they are going to make rookie mistakes. But every week, once a night or so, you'll probably see something special that reveals the talent that is underneath.

 

To me, that's exciting to watch.

 

Who's with me on that?

 

 

Not me, and I can think rationally. I did the "entire team growing up" thing for 6 years before 2003 happened. I survived a personal record of 5 wins and 35 losses in games I attended in 1998 and I can tell you there is nothing exciting in seeing your team become a failed experiment of a single A team. And if we had a competitive team you would have no reason to expect "special things" happening in a more meaningful way. All that rebuilding crap, or "building for the future" BS, or "market correction" stupidity is just another excuse for the reality of this sport: you, the fan, are totally expendable.

 

I will go to the games. I will watch them on TV until I start screaming and my wife threatens with the couch. I will follow them. But don't tell me that I need to agree with your definition of having fun watching this joke of a team in order to be labeled "rational".

on tv maybe because you can always switch channels but if you drive 45 minutes to the stadium only to see a pitcher get hammered for 10 runs in the first inning and then have to stick watching that game in pain then no.

 

 

That won't happen once next year, I guarantee it. The rookies we'll have in the majors next season have good enough "stuff" that they won't get hammered to the tune of 10 runs in the first inning (unless we commit a handful of errors, of course). Plus, to score 10 runs usually requires a few homeruns. I just don't see it. Maybe 6 runs. :p either way there isnt anywhere to go in the stadium is the team plays like sh*t and driving back home in a bad mood isnt what i consider fun

Very exciting team to watch next year. Just wonderring, what's our starting rotation for next year look like after the trade with the Cubs?

 

 

The question is what's our lineup going to be like. The starting rotation and bullpen will be made of Willis and the 200 Venezuelan left-handers we traded the entire team for. Our lineup will have Willis batting first, Lenny Harris second, Cabrera third, and then we will platoon the Marlins Mermaids from 4th to 9th.

 

Will we have enough Mermaids? I don't know. Somebody told me they just offered a 1 year contract to Felo Ramirez to hit cleanup... :blink:

Very exciting team to watch next year. Just wonderring, what's our starting rotation for next year look like after the trade with the Cubs?

 

 

The question is what's our lineup going to be like. The starting rotation and bullpen will be made of Willis and the 200 Venezuelan left-handers we traded the entire team for. Our lineup will have Willis batting first, Lenny Harris second, Cabrera third, and then we will platoon the Marlins Mermaids from 4th to 9th.

 

Will we have enough Mermaids? I don't know. Somebody told me they just offered a 1 year contract to Felo Ramirez to hit cleanup... :blink:

 

I'm in serious negotiations with the Marlins to cover their need at second base. But I am reluctant to sign because they may gut the team further. At this stage in my career, I want to play for a winner.

Very exciting team to watch next year. Just wonderring, what's our starting rotation for next year look like after the trade with the Cubs?

 

 

The question is what's our lineup going to be like. The starting rotation and bullpen will be made of Willis and the 200 Venezuelan left-handers we traded the entire team for. Our lineup will have Willis batting first, Lenny Harris second, Cabrera third, and then we will platoon the Marlins Mermaids from 4th to 9th.

 

Will we have enough Mermaids? I don't know. Somebody told me they just offered a 1 year contract to Felo Ramirez to hit cleanup... :blink:

 

I'm in serious negotiations with the Marlins to cover their need at second base. But I am reluctant to sign because they may gut the team further. At this stage in my career, I want to play for a winner.

 

Dude, you are 25 years old and a fellow Gemini... how can you talk about of "this stage in your career"...? :lol

Maybe I'm crazy but I think this team has a chance at the .500

 

We're likely to see improvement on offense at C, 3B/LF, SS and CF. Possibly RF too. Jacobs is at 1B. The club isn't done making moves, and we could end up with a productive 2B, LF and CF. The defense will improve. We ranked 27th in defensive effiency last year. With these fresh legs and energy, that will rise. The pitching is weak in aces, but strong in depth. We have talent, now it's up to Beinfest to compliment them. And Girardi to get them to play as best as they can and win.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think this team has a chance at the .500

 

We're likely to see improvement on offense at C, 3B/LF, SS and CF. Possibly RF too. Jacobs is at 1B. The club isn't done making moves, and we could end up with a productive 2B, LF and CF. The defense will improve. We ranked 27th in defensive effiency last year. With these fresh legs and energy, that will rise. The pitching is weak in aces, but strong in depth. We have talent, now it's up to Beinfest to compliment them. And Girardi to get them to play as best as they can and win.

 

 

Couldn't have put it better myself :D

Maybe I'm crazy but I think this team has a chance at the .500

 

We're likely to see improvement on offense at C, 3B/LF, SS and CF. Possibly RF too. Jacobs is at 1B. The club isn't done making moves, and we could end up with a productive 2B, LF and CF. The defense will improve. We ranked 27th in defensive effiency last year. With these fresh legs and energy, that will rise. The pitching is weak in aces, but strong in depth. We have talent, now it's up to Beinfest to compliment them. And Girardi to get them to play as best as they can and win.

 

 

I agree.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think this team has a chance at the .500

 

We're likely to see improvement on offense at C, 3B/LF, SS and CF. Possibly RF too. Jacobs is at 1B. The club isn't done making moves, and we could end up with a productive 2B, LF and CF. The defense will improve. We ranked 27th in defensive effiency last year. With these fresh legs and energy, that will rise. The pitching is weak in aces, but strong in depth. We have talent, now it's up to Beinfest to compliment them. And Girardi to get them to play as best as they can and win.

 

 

Couldn't have put it better myself :D its a shame both of you don't move to Miami so you can buy tickets

I wasnt being factitious

thats all good you support the marlins but what they needed was people in the seats and your money in their pockets of which out of state fans provide neither unless you have the goodwill to buy season tickets and then keep them at home to look at.

 

consider yourself good fans if you wish but you have no right of dishing out and complaining about poor attendance or poor fans in the area because you arent helping the cause in any way shape or form

I wasnt being factitious

thats all good you support the marlins but what they needed was people in the seats and your money in their pockets of which out of state fans provide neither unless you have the goodwill to buy season tickets and then keep them at home to look at.

 

consider yourself good fans if you wish but you have no right of dishing out and complaining about poor attendance or poor fans in the area because you arent helping the cause in any way shape or form

 

 

If they go to some Marlins away games or watch them on MLB.tv or listen to them on XM they're contributing.

I wasnt being factitious

thats all good you support the marlins but what they needed was people in the seats and your money in their pockets of which out of state fans provide neither unless you have the goodwill to buy season tickets and then keep them at home to look at.

 

consider yourself good fans if you wish but you have no right of dishing out and complaining about poor attendance or poor fans in the area because you arent helping the cause in any way shape or form

 

 

If they go to some Marlins away games or watch them on MLB.tv or listen to them on XM they're contributing.

thats like saying im supporting the war on terror by watching the nightly news

if you're not at the stadium loria won't get your money and if you go to away games then jeb bush doesnt see that when it comes to allocate the budgets. what counts is our stadium

ticket sales and people crossing the turnstiles

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.