ROFL MY WAFFLE!!!!!!

Guest Fritz

Buckeye,

Your argument has so many flaws it's ridiculous.

Joe Montana is widely considered the top QB of all-time, however, if you go by statistics, then he isn't even close. According to statistics, Culpepper was the 2nd best QB, so by your logic, he must have been the 2nd best QB in the NFL behind Peyton Manning before Palmer leapfrogged him....despite Brady winning his 3rd SB in 4 years.

And also, why change your tune now? You never mentioned anything about Palmer being comparable to Manning after their 3rd year before....you claimed Palmer was the 2nd best QB in the NFL RIGHT NOW. Pretty laughable.

Statistics are not the only thing that dictate a QBs ranking. The only thing debatable about 1-2 QB in the league right now would be who is 1, Peyton or Tom. Bottom line.

BTW, who the hell mentioned Brees and Trent Green? Stop pulling stuff out of your ass, that comparison has no relevance to this topic. Oh and also, MVP runner up or not, Brady's 3 SBs in 4 years with really no other stars on offense besides Dillon last year speaks for itself.

*YAWN*

Typical. He is the second best QB in the league right now. I said it and I stand by it. He's still comparable to Peyton. Although many would argue Palmer has come up quicker. The only laughable thing about it is your responses.

Brady doesn't even factor. He's a distant third or fourth. At QB, RIGHT NOW (OMG EXCLAMATIONS !!!) Palmer is either the guy or the second guy you want backing up your team. What's laughable about it?

Fans argument: Empty statement based on opinion with no numbers or win to loss ration to back him up.

Come back when you have something signifigant.

Hmmm....

Ok I'll try this:

Tom Brady

3 SB victorys in 4 years

2 SB MVPs

Hows that, tough guy?

Are you writing this from prison? Tough guy... :lol

Anyways, the Superbowl argument. It's good. Considering you complained about "right now" or "this season" in an earlier post. Right now, THIS SEASON Palmer is better than Brady. Live with it.

You're so easy sometimes. All I have to do is post something Bengals and your antenna goes up. OH SNAP!

It's funny, your responses are on par for what I would expect from a 12-year-old mentally retarded child.

But I have come to expect those from you.

The argument was not who had better stats in passing yards or ratings, it was who is a better QB. Considering Brady has won a SB as recently as last year and has won 3 of the last 4, Id say he is still better than Palmer RIGHT NOW. Live with it. I notice nobody has the same opinion of you here and your little pal Hugg has not even backed you up....hmmm, wonder why.

I mean, the argument is over. There is no debate, you are just plain wrong. The only reason I have even responded to this point is to see you post more and make yourself look like an ass with your ignorant responses on Brady. They are pretty comical to see a guy who some talk about in the same breath as Montana and perhaps one of the best ever already, and you have him behind Carson Palmer and 3 or 4 others right now in the NFL currently.

BTW, your last line is probably won of the most homosexual things I have ever read in my life. Oh snap? Was that even cool to say in 3rd grade?

It's funny, your responses are on par for what I would expect from a 12-year-old mentally retarded child.

First of all, as a 12-year-old mentally challenged person, I take offense to this comparrison... :shifty

Second, let's try to keep it civil and argue a point rather than attack each other before this gets out of hand. Look at the last posts from Passion and Fritz, for example. They may not agree on the talent level of Deion Branch and Corey Dillon, but they are able to voice their opinions without name calling.

Back on topic:

The problem with using SB rings as a measure of individual success is that this is not an individual sport. Jeff Hostetler won a SB ring - does that make him one of the best QB's ever? With that said, you CAN talk about the number of huge game winning drives that Brady put together over the last few years that LED them to their SB titles. I think that is a more valid argument for Brady.

On the flip side, it is undeniable that Palmer has put up better numbers this year. On PAPER - he is the 2nd best QB in the league. The problem with this argument, as the fan pointed out, is that people are evaluating talent based on more than just stats in the same way that they evaluated Montana and Elway and Marino. Jeff Blake has completed 100% of his passes this year and has a QB rating of 112.5. Does that make him better than Peyton and Palmer? Neither of them can touch his completion percentage or passer rating. :mischief

Buckeye,

Your argument has so many flaws it's ridiculous.

Joe Montana is widely considered the top QB of all-time, however, if you go by statistics, then he isn't even close. According to statistics, Culpepper was the 2nd best QB, so by your logic, he must have been the 2nd best QB in the NFL behind Peyton Manning before Palmer leapfrogged him....despite Brady winning his 3rd SB in 4 years.

And also, why change your tune now? You never mentioned anything about Palmer being comparable to Manning after their 3rd year before....you claimed Palmer was the 2nd best QB in the NFL RIGHT NOW. Pretty laughable.

Statistics are not the only thing that dictate a QBs ranking. The only thing debatable about 1-2 QB in the league right now would be who is 1, Peyton or Tom. Bottom line.

BTW, who the hell mentioned Brees and Trent Green? Stop pulling stuff out of your ass, that comparison has no relevance to this topic. Oh and also, MVP runner up or not, Brady's 3 SBs in 4 years with really no other stars on offense besides Dillon last year speaks for itself.

*YAWN*

Typical. He is the second best QB in the league right now. I said it and I stand by it. He's still comparable to Peyton. Although many would argue Palmer has come up quicker. The only laughable thing about it is your responses.

Brady doesn't even factor. He's a distant third or fourth. At QB, RIGHT NOW (OMG EXCLAMATIONS !!!) Palmer is either the guy or the second guy you want backing up your team. What's laughable about it?

Fans argument: Empty statement based on opinion with no numbers or win to loss ration to back him up.

Come back when you have something signifigant.

Hmmm....

Ok I'll try this:

Tom Brady

3 SB victorys in 4 years

2 SB MVPs

Hows that, tough guy?

Are you writing this from prison? Tough guy... :lol

Anyways, the Superbowl argument. It's good. Considering you complained about "right now" or "this season" in an earlier post. Right now, THIS SEASON Palmer is better than Brady. Live with it.

You're so easy sometimes. All I have to do is post something Bengals and your antenna goes up. OH SNAP!

But I have come to expect those from you.

The argument was not who had better stats in passing yards or ratings, it was who is a better QB. Considering Brady has won a SB as recently as last year and has won 3 of the last 4, Id say he is still better than Palmer RIGHT NOW. Live with it. I notice nobody has the same opinion of you here and your little pal Hugg has not even backed you up....hmmm, wonder why.

I mean, the argument is over. There is no debate, you are just plain wrong. The only reason I have even responded to this point is to see you post more and make yourself look like an ass with your ignorant responses on Brady. They are pretty comical to see a guy who some talk about in the same breath as Montana and perhaps one of the best ever already, and you have him behind Carson Palmer and 3 or 4 others right now in the NFL currently.

BTW, your last line is probably won of the most homosexual things I have ever read in my life. Oh snap? Was that even cool to say in 3rd grade?

Actually, Hugg said he was better than you and he already beat you so there's no reason to keep doing it. He called you trite and boring and said it's "too easy." But, you know, that's me speaking on his behalf based on an MSN message session. That and I think he was right. I only continued to argue with you because it's funny, and in this case you're wrong.

As for the namecalling, why don't you represent yourself with some class. Seriously. Quit taking this sh*t so seriously. My argument is, based on numbers, stats, wins and losses, Carson is the better quarterback right now, which is the point you've argued again and again. Face it, my main point is Palmer's having the better season and thus, this season he's the better QB. Period.

As for the homosexual comment, grow up. What I said was totally true. Find any post where I praise my Bengals and you overreact. Just like you did with this post. It's funny how badass you can be on the internet responding to an argument. I mean, seriously, let's see you've called me gay, you've said I was 12 and mentally retarded. And yet, not once has that defeated my argument. Not one time have you offered ANYTHING aside from the Superbowl argument for Brady's dominance over Carson this season. Nothing else have you offered.

I still think Brady's a hell of a quarterback; he SHOULD be mentioned in the same breath as Montana. But when you look back at the '05 season and ask who had the better season, Brady isn't even in the top three or four guys having great seasons. Try and refute it so far. Oh, wait, you can't, you haven't and I'm pretty sure you won't (because you'll be too busy resorting to ad hominem attacks).

Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL.

Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer are the next 3. Brady has accomplished 10 times as much and has less talent around him. Palmer has more physical ability than Brady and will probably end up having the better career, at least on an individual level. Brees is probably 3rd of the 3, but he's still excellent.

And Tom Brady is having a downright amazing season. He's leading the NFL in passing yardage by a wide margain with little weaponry. The top 4 seasons this year by QBs in the NFL are:

Peyton 269/394 3290 Yards 27 TD 8 INT 108.2 rating

Carson 287/426 3242 Yards 27 TD 8 INT 103.2 rating

Brady 293/462 3630 Yards 20 TD 12 INT 91.3 rating

Brees 275/420 3092 Yards 22 TD 12 INT 92.9 rating

It's those 4. The fact that one of them isn't going to Hawaii (Brees) sucks.

Almost as much as this pointless argument you two won't stop.

Roethlisberger and Green don't even belong in the discussion.

Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL.

Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer are the next 3. Brady has accomplished 10 times as much and has less talent around him. Palmer has more physical ability than Brady and will probably end up having the better career, at least on an individual level. Brees is probably 3rd of the 3, but he's still excellent.

And Tom Brady is having a downright amazing season. He's leading the NFL in passing yardage by a wide margain with little weaponry. The top 4 seasons this year by QBs in the NFL are:

Peyton 269/394 3290 Yards 27 TD 8 INT 108.2 rating

Carson 287/426 3242 Yards 27 TD 8 INT 103.2 rating

Brady 293/462 3630 Yards 20 TD 12 INT 91.3 rating

Brees 275/420 3092 Yards 22 TD 12 INT 92.9 rating

It's those 4. The fact that one of them isn't going to Hawaii (Brees) sucks.

Almost as much as this pointless argument you two won't stop.

Heh.

As soon as I post about you hating you have to ruin it. Especially since it was true.

BUSTER!

Fritz: My point is, The Dolphins don't matter. Quit your whining that they're getting no press because they don't deserve any damn press. Be happy with the local media covering them and that's that. If the Steelers had the 'Phins run of futility, I would'nt expect them to get anything. You don't hear me whining about the Pirates getting 10 seconds highlights on SC.

Fritz: My point is, The Dolphins don't matter. Quit your whining that they're getting no press because they don't deserve any damn press. Be happy with the local media covering them and that's that. If the Steelers had the 'Phins run of futility, I would'nt expect them to get anything. You don't hear me whining about the Pirates getting 10 seconds highlights on SC.

Three years without the playoffs. Huge run of futility. You Steelers have been great for so many years in a row, I mean, you only got that #11 overall pick a few years back because you're totally cool. Then again, why the f*** would I care what ESPN says about the Fins? I learn more about the Fins from looking at the main page of Finheaven.com for 15 seconds than I do from watching a season's worth of SportsCenter, NFL Live, NFL Sunday Countdown, NFL Primetime, and NFL Monday Night Countdown.

:thumbup

Enjoy being back where y'all belong this January. Y'know. Not the playoffs.

Three years without the playoffs. Huge run of futility. You Steelers have been great for so many years in a row, I mean, you only got that #11 overall pick a few years back because you're totally cool. Then again, why the f*** would I care what ESPN says about the Fins? I learn more about the Fins from looking at the main page of Finheaven.com for 15 seconds than I do from watching a season's worth of SportsCenter, NFL Live, NFL Sunday Countdown, NFL Primetime, and NFL Monday Night Countdown.

:thumbup

Talking about the Dolphins?

You nutjobs actually think the Dolphins are underrated and undercovered? :lol

Good job reading the thread.

Look up two whole posts from yours.

I did read the whole thread.

If this isn't the case, why the hell did you start it?

Because I'm sick of the Patriots and OMGREGGIEBUSHISTHEBESTPLAYEREVERHISSEMENCURESCANCER!!!!!!!!!!1

yep figured a dolphins fan of all people would say that about the steelers :plain

Yes, because if a team doesn't make the playoffs for three consecutive years and hasn't won 10 games in two years, the team sucks. The Fins certainly aren't improving either.