San Antonio's proposed EastSide Vision.

DMEXER

Just thought I'd share with you what was recently proposed for the east side of San Antonio in hopes to lure professional sports teams.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIRTUAL FLYOVER

Very ambitious project to say the least.

A little background information. The AT&T (SBC) Center is about 2.5 miles east of downtown San Antonio. Right now the area around the AT&T Center is nothing but industrial land with a public golf course directly in front of the arena.

This "vision" was proposed by the HollyHills Group, a california developer that entered the San Antonio market two years ago and since then has been on a huge tear of large developments.

This is their largest proposed development.

In this project, everything sans the stadiums would be built via private funding with the stadiums being built with a mix of public and private money.

We are in deep sh*t if this is serious.

Or we could be better off... in South Florida. Huizenga and the local politicians think they can bully Loria, Samson and MLB around now. They won't try that when they realize their efforts may push a potential cash cow and desirable interest of their constituents away.

Well, it looks breathtaking, and I know that at the moment San Antonio has the right mix of cheap land/taxable income to possibly get it done, but the population numbers of the metropolitan area speak for themselves. I believe it was pointed out that every man woman and child living in San Antonio's metropolitan area would need to go to one game each next season to equal the Marlins' gate number this past year. Now, of course ticket sales are manipulated such that one person who owns a season ticket counts 81 times, not just once, but you don't walk into a market with such low population numbers when the biggest bitch fest for the team is attendance.

when the biggest bitch fest for the team is attendance.

Only in the eyes of fans and those unknowing folks in the media. Broadcast rights, luxury and sky boxes, stadium advertising and partnerships with local businesses is what drives team revenue and where there is the greatest disparity from franchise to franchise.

San Antonio is predicted to be a hot bed in a few years and could challenge South Florida very soon, if not by the time they finish a ballpark.

and that lake doesnt exist right now, thats the funny part.

Sounds like the northern Virginia proposal near a quarry in Loudoun County

I believe it was pointed out that every man woman and child living in San Antonio's metropolitan area would need to go to one game each next season to equal the Marlins' gate number this past year.

First off, San Antonio's MSA population is nearly 2 million as of now.

San Antonio is third fastest city in the country after only Los Angeles and Phoenix.

MSA population growth is one of the fastest as well.

Second, that's not how attendance works.

this group has been in legal trouble before for of all things fraud.

Dude, that was 15 years ago, since then the guy who owns the company has been on the up and up. And it was mail fraud, nothing major. He served his 15 months and since then has gotten himself and his new company on high grounds.

The lake would be an expansion of the semi-lake/big pond that is located in at the Willow Springs golf course.

I believe it was pointed out that every man woman and child living in San Antonio's metropolitan area would need to go to one game each next season to equal the Marlins' gate number this past year.

You didn't really help yourself out there.

2 million isn't a huge base to draw from as a MLB team, plus there's in state competition from 2 other established MLB teams, so massive out of market drawing is unlikely.

2 million isn't a huge base to draw from as a MLB team, plus there's in state competition from 2 other established MLB teams, so massive out of market drawing is unlikely.

Kansas City: 1,992,836

Milwaukee: 1,709,926

Cincinnati: 2,100,501

Tampa: 2.587.967

All around or over the 2 million mark for population.

Yet... hmmm they all have MLB teams, right?

this group has been in legal trouble before for of all things fraud.

Dude, that was 15 years ago, since then the guy who owns the company has been on the up and up. And it was mail fraud, nothing major. He served his 15 months and since then has gotten himself and his new company on high grounds.

The lake would be an expansion of the semi-lake/big pond that is located in at the Willow Springs golf course.

Who the hell are you?

Ya and the HollyHills group still doesnt own all the land they claimed to own. Until they actually acquire everything they need, this remains their wet dream. I mean ya I'm all for developing the East Side of San Antonio and this makes interesting sense, still this development group has made some wild claims that were not true. Its funny, it has promise and as I stated I'm all for it, but until they actually get a concrete proposal for all of this instead of just some pretty pictures, it remains nothing but a dream.

And regarding the lake, it still doesnt exist, nothing like a big ole man made lake where it dont belong. Good stuff.

seriously, i myself my my doubts about this...this group has been in legal trouble before for of all things fraud. and that lake doesnt exist right now, thats the funny part.

its ambitious, i'm waiting to see if its ever something more than a drawing.

The Lake doesn't exist? Are you kidding me?

So the football, baseball, nascar AND the lake?

That's never gonna happen. Seems way too ambitious.

I can't believe they don't have the lake.

the nascar track will NEVER and i mean NEVER be built there. I can absolutely guarantee you that they will not be able to build a damn racetrack in the middle of a major US city.

If this had been proposed by anyone other than this group I'd be all for it, but I hate timeshare companies one (they are shady sons bitches by and large) and two they make wild claims that often dont add up.

Who the hell are you?

I have to be some one to post here?

Ya and the HollyHills group still doesnt own all the land they claimed to own.

They've so far spent 6 million in aquiring land.

Until they actually acquire everything they need, this remains their wet dream.

I mean ya I'm all for developing the East Side of San Antonio and this makes interesting sense, still this development group has made some wild claims that were not true.

Like what?

This is a proposal, and 90% of it would be paid via private investors.

Its funny, it has promise and as I stated I'm all for it, but until they actually get a concrete proposal for all of this instead of just some pretty pictures, it remains nothing but a dream.

I'm pretty sure they have "concrete proposals."

And regarding the lake, it still doesnt exist, nothing like a big ole man made lake where it dont belong. Good stuff.

Now you're going to belittle the project because it's a man made lake.

Give me a break.

the nascar track will NEVER and i mean NEVER be built there. I can absolutely guarantee you that they will not be able to build a damn racetrack in the middle of a major US city.

The IRL is already returning the grand prix race to San Antonio, and that is a big factor in the track.

If this had been proposed by anyone other than this group I'd be all for it, but I hate timeshare companies one (they are shady sons bitches by and large) and two they make wild claims that often dont add up.

Too bad this isn't a timeshare company.

no basically they make claims that they already own all this land when some major landowners havent given them the time of day.

they make claims that are wholly untrue at worse and gross fabrications of the truth second.

and regarding who you are....i can find out who you are, and if you are from somewhere i know.....

no basically they make claims that they already own all this land when some major landowners havent given them the time of day.

What are you talking about? The only time that happened was with the Red Berry mansion, and that only happened because HollyHills said they bought the land and the owner (who is good friends with the HollyHills owners) released a memo stating that he hadn't sold the land but that they were close. The next day HollyHills bought the land.

they make claims that are wholly untrue at worse and gross fabrications of the truth second.

Proof?

and regarding who you are....i can find out who you are, and if you are from somewhere i know.....

Really... yeah, this is Buddy from SR.

:thumbup