Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

D-Train on Jim Rome is Burning

Featured Replies

Always a pleasure listening to the Train.

did you guys see the WBC commercial just now?...

"Miguel Cabrera and Venezuela"

:thumbup love to see miggy gettin national props! :cool

D-Train said this is bigger than the World Series.

 

 

It is.

 

Way bigger.

D-Train said this is bigger than the World Series.

 

 

It is.

 

Way bigger.

 

Maybe in 10 years...but right now, I just don't see it.

 

I'd like to see it become a monster because this format is fun, but I just don't think it's there yet.

Yeah, I agree with TSwift. But I think the rules have to change too. They need to change this to some other time of year. I don't think we're really seeing the best vs the best, when our starting pitchers are limited to how many pitches they can throw. Not to mention that a lot of players bowed out because they felt they weren't physically ready. There are a lot of guys that would make the U.S team better had they been able to play.

Yeah, I agree with TSwift. But I think the rules have to change too. They need to change this to some other time of year. I don't think we're really seeing the best vs the best, when our starting pitchers are limited to how many pitches they can throw. Not to mention that a lot of players bowed out because they felt they weren't physically ready. There are a lot of guys that would make the U.S team better had they been able to play.

 

 

I am not sure there is a perfect time. Do you think you'd get the best v. the best during the all-star break? Wouldn't a lot of guys, especially those playing for contending teams, not want to play for fear of injury or just to get over some minor aches and pains? The World Cup always has injury issues as well, but that doesn't reduce it's importance. (Not to say the World Cup and WBC are equals)

D-Train said this is bigger than the World Series.

 

 

It is.

 

Way bigger.

 

Maybe in 10 years...but right now, I just don't see it.

 

I'd like to see it become a monster because this format is fun, but I just don't think it's there yet.

 

Make that 11 years. :p

 

The next WBC will be in 3 years, and then every 4 years after that. They didn't want the WBC to coincide with the Olympics, but were not able to pull it together fast enough to have it last year.

If the players were taking it more seriously, it would be more interesting. As it is, it's dissapointing to see so many players duck out due to injury fears.

well yeah that is true Sirspud but when I first heard of the WBC i thought it was going to be around January or early February right after winter ball for most the players. guess that turned out to be wrong. i am all for representing ur country cuz im rooting for puerto rico and USA along with cabrera, but having this during spring training wasnt too smart.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.