Best Actor Ever

Guest markotsay7

Guest markotsay7

Having obtained Juanky's blessing...

Begin nominations for any actor you feel to be the best movie actor ever. Feel free to nominate as many as you want. You may also repeat names that have already been mentioned. Discussion is also permitted.

Guest Juanky

Though I agree with Marlon Brando being up there, I'll throw in Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, and Christopher Walken. Along with Dafoe, my five favorite actors ever.

Tom Hanks--diverse portfolio, and can appeal to anyone, anywhere at anytime.

Johnny Depp--can play any role to perfection and is probably the most underrated actor. ever.

Ian McKlellan--can't say enough about his acting talents. I love the guy.

Sean Connery--need I say more?

Robert Duval. Anthony Hopkins.

Nicholas Cage?? C'mon Passion....

What's wrong with Academy Award winner Nic Cage?

He's my favorite actor and was tremendous in Adaptation, Matchstick Men, Leaving Las Vegas, The Weather Man, and others.

I don't think he is the greatest actor ever, but he deserves to be in the pool of those it's taken from.

I really think there are some questionable nominations.

John freakin' Wayne?

Boy, what a great actor. He's so good at being John Wayne. I consider a good actor to go beyond playing himself and to be, like a chameleon taking on a new skin. In most cases I would prefer the actor to be unrecognizeable.

However, there are exceptions. Al Pacino being one of them. He's good at what he does and he brings a certain "Pacinoness" to every role, but EVERY ROLE IS STILL DIFFERENT.

You guys are welcome to your opinions, but as for John Wayne, Mel Gibson, Cuba Gooding Jr. and Bruce Willis.

Tom Hanks is on the fence for me. He does REALLY good movies, but I'm not sure that makes him a great actor. But, then again, I watch Forest Gump and he's great. I'm 50/50 on Hanks. I like the guy, I'd see his movies, but as for acting... Meh. I wouldn't give him any awards outside of Forest Gump.

Anyone see the Weatherman? I'd be interested to know if it's any good. I'm a big Nicholas Cage fan (since Raising Arizona). I basically won't watch Bruckheimer flicks anymore, so that's one Cage avenue cut off, but Michael Caine, Nick Cage? How can it be bad? Anyone feel free to tell me if it's a rental or a buy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.