Jose Campusano

Rydawg

Jose Campusano .353 BA/ .415 OBP/ .850 OPS/ 14 SB/ 2 CS/ 85 AB

Given the hole we have in center field and the fact that neither Reed nor Abercrombie appear ready for the major leagues, nor Cepicky for that matter, should we give this kid a chance? I think we have nothing to lose. Miggy, and Willis made the leap from AA. I really like the OBP and Avg. If he works out it would allow us to use Hanley down the order more where he can drive in runs. Thoughts???

Well, I'm just going off of his offensive stats. I know he was moved there at the start of this season, but he has already played 25 games there. I really haven't heard anything as far as his defense goes whether it's good or bad. All I know is that we can't lose any more games than we are already. It can't make things worse. I could be wrong but I'm just tired of getting little to zero production from the five through eight spots. I'm assuming and hoping that Jacobs will get it going soon, and that Hermida will get back soon also, but as of right now things are bleak at the bottom of the order.

Camp is a project in CF defensively, isn't hitting for much power, isn't taking walks, and is striking out a lot. He needs at least another year and a half in the minors with possibly a short callup towards the end of this season if he continues his successful batting average followed by a longer look in 2007.

Since Reggie is able to play RF maybe we can just bring Jose up until Hermida comes back. Jose can get his feet wet and see what the ML is all about.

oh, you mean like what we're doing with the older and more experienced Abercrombie/Reed right now? :hat

No way we call him up now. Thats not smart at all. Let him get used to playing the OF and work on his D. If he keeps hitting like he is now then call him up in September and hopefully he'll be ready for 07. Theres no need to rush him we arent doing anything this season any way...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.