To all you conine haters!

mikebball

what does mark twain or ben franklin have to do with this topic out of curiousity?

I dared someone to answer who said the quote mikebball spit out, and they were trying to guess who it was.

No one has gotten it yet, by the way. Here's a hint, think big.

I believe the answer he may be seeking is The Bible, proverbs 17.

This particular quote, or various versions of it, have been attributed to a number of people including the two I mentioned, Abe Lincoln and several others. It is most often attributed to Mark Twain though.

I've always heard it from Abe Lincoln.

there were only a few of us who stood by him...

that is all

i am just loyal to him cuz of 97. he is a good player so he was bound to break out for us sooner or later. everyone on this thread is saying how they would want conine to start instead of cabrera because of tonight's game. i love cabrera but i am loyal to conine. what do i do?? lol i guess it doesnt matter what i think. they are going to do what they think is best for the team. i just hope Cabrera starts at least once. its the opportunity of a lifetime, they should give him the chance.

i dunno, i don't remember a lot of people bashing Conine myself. the only ones i can recall ripping the deal was the Braves fan here & Shamrock, but i think that was more due to losing the prospects than getting Jeff. (maybe i'll dig through the old threads)

I've always thought Conine would be a nice addition & a decent substitution for Lee when the inevitable happens after the season. I was happy as can be when Beinfest made the deadline deal. Was tough to see him struggle the last couple of weeks but it was really just a matter of time before he got going. He's a pro.

i dunno, i don't remember a lot of people bashing Conine myself. the only ones i can recall ripping the deal was the Braves fan here & Shamrock, but i think that was more due to losing the prospects than getting Jeff. (maybe i'll dig through the old threads)

I've always thought Conine would be a nice addition & a decent substitution for Lee when the inevitable happens after the season. I was happy as can be when Beinfest made the deadline deal. Was tough to see him struggle the last couple of weeks but it was really just a matter of time before he got going. He's a pro.

I brought up a Conine acquisition back in June and boy did I get flamed for it. A bum, a has-been, lousy fielder, etc etc etc ad nauseum. Without mentioning names you'd be surpised who thought I was out of my mind, knew nothing about baseball, you get the picture.

I was one who ripped the deal, and I still will. Its not that I am upset that we got Conine, its what we gave up for him. No one ever said he sucked as a player and wouldn't help the team at all. I remember saying that if he hit 300, he would attribute for about 5 more hits for this team. I'm glad 2 of those hits were last nite, and accounted for RBIs.

Without turning this thread into a past thread about whether we liked the trade or not (I didnt/dont like the trade), I want to say that Conine is a Marlin. I am a Marlins fan. Bautista and Levinski aren't Marlins anymore. There is nothing I can do, but to cheer for the Marlins (I know, its so tough to root for Conine

i'm doing some hunting over past threads but can't find much.

DownRodeo was pretty down on Conine...

Actually I posted an article in early July when the Lee-for-Conine swap was rumored in the papers and nearly everyone seemed happy about the idea. (mostly since we were thinking Lee would be gone in the offseason anyway)

Lately it's just mostly been that BravesFurcal dude posting like crazy how bad the trade was & how washed up Conine was.

he's been strangely absent the past few days.... :lol