Rudy Giuliani

WildMarlinMan2003

I really hope this is our next President. Hopefully he knocks off McCain. Giuliani would DESTROY Hillary.

http://www.draftrudygiuliani.com/

WHY WE NEED HIM

Guiliani exemplifies leadership, courage, and compassion. His service as mayor of New York City, particularly after the devastating terrorist attacks against our country on September 11, 2001, made him America?s mayor. Now it?s time to make him America?s President.

Rudy Giuliani has dedicated his professional life to serving the United States, including assistant attorney general in the U.S. Justice Department under President Reagan and as the crime fighting U.S. Attorney in the state of New York. He has an unrivaled record of honesty and integrity, always putting the people?s interest above politics.

As we continue our nation?s fight against terrorism; as we work toward continued economic growth, lower taxes, and responsible government; as we seek leaders who demand ethics and accountability from all who serve in government; and as we strive for principled leadership to guide America in a troubled world; we need a President who has the unrivaled experience to move America forward.

Join us in our efforts to draft Rudy Giuliani to be a candidate for President.

http://www.draftrudygiuliani.com/news_stor...tial_dreams.php

Filmmakers Look To Derail Rudy Giuliani Presidential Dreams

by JIM BROGAN

Even though many political pundits feel that the pro-choice, pro-immigration and pro-gay rights platform of Rudy Giuliani is simply nothing more than a longshot to win the 2008 Republican presidential nomination, some far-left filmmakers are taking him seriously enough to drop some cash in attempt to ensure that from occuring.

According to a report in today's Page Six, 'they've made "Giuliani Time," a documentary aimed at derailing his candidacy. A press release for the film, which opens next month, notes the former mayor is "the 'hottest' politician in the country, according to a recent Quinnipiac poll."

Wayne Barrett, senior editor of the Village Voice, whines in the movie: "It's in the bloodstream of New Yorkers . . . and apparently, it is now even in the bloodstream of Americans, this mythology that Rudy Giuliani single-handedly, superhero, conquered crime in New York City."

Director Kevin Keating, who emulates Michael Moore, claims the project was born when a constitutional lawyer approached Keating's company about Rudy's supposed restrictions on free speech and his fractious relationship with the media. Five years later it's being released by Cinema Libre Studio, an L.A. "haven for independent filmmakers with views."'

The New York Times reports: 'The two-hour feature is nothing less than a full frontal assault on the civic deification of Rudolph W. Giuliani that occurred in the days after Sept. 11, 2001, when much of the news coverage shined a spotlight on his steady hand. The film is scheduled to have its premiere at the Sunshine Cinema on the Lower East Side on May 12 ... the distributor, Cinema Libre Studio is aiming to release it in cities like Los Angeles, Seattle and San Francisco as well.'

"We want to provoke heat and debate and a closer look at the man and leader in full, not just the leader who has been raised to secular sainthood," Keating said.

The truth of the matter is that Giuliani does have a shot and that's why Keating & company are taking a proactive approach. Another Centrist Republican zeroing in on the White House is a nightmare to liberal democrats.

GIULIANI: From the first Republican president, Abraham Lincoln, to President George W. Bush, our party's great contribution is to expand freedom in our own land and all over the world.

And our party is at its best when we make certain that we have a powerful national defense in a still very, very dangerous world.

I don't believe that we're right about everything, and Democrats are wrong. They're wrong about most things.

But seriously, neither party has a monopoly on virtue.

We don't have all the right ideas. They don't have all the wrong ideas.

But I do believe there are times in history when our ideas are more necessary and more important and critical, and this is one of those times when we are facing war and danger.

There are times when leadership is the most important.

On September 11, this city and our nation faced the worst attack in our history. On that day, we had to confront reality.

For me, when I arrived there and I stood below the north tower and I looked up, and seeing the flames of hell emanating from those buildings, and realizing that what I was actually seeing was a human being on the 101st, 102nd floor, that was jumping out of the building, I stood there, it probably took five or six seconds, it seemed to me that it took 20 or 30 minutes, and I was stunned.

And I realized, in that moment, in that instant, I realized we were facing something that we have never, ever faced before.

We had never been confronted with anything like this before. We had to concentrate all of our energy and our faith and our hope to get through those first hours and days. And we needed all the help that we could get and all the support that we could get.

And I will always remember that moment as we escaped the building that we were trapped in at 75 Barclay Street, and I realized that things outside might actually be worse than inside the building.

We did the best we could to communicate a message of calm and hope, as we stood on the pavement watching a cloud come through the cavernous streets of lower Manhattan.

Our people were so brave in their response.

At the time, we believed that we would be attacked many more times that day and in the days that followed. Without really thinking, based on just emotion, spontaneous, I grabbed the arm of then-Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik, and I said to him, "Bernie, thank God George Bush is our president."

I say it again tonight. I say it again tonight:

Thank God that George Bush is our president, and thank God that Dick Cheney, a man with his experience and his knowledge and his strength and his background, is our vice president.

Guest markotsay7

He's too left on critical issues for the Republicans to draft him. Additionally, his personal life would come out to haunt him.

McCain would slaughter Hillary as well, I believe.

He's too left on critical issues for the Republicans to draft him. Additionally, his personal life would come out to haunt him.

Giuliani is liberal on SOME issues but not the most important....terrorism. His personal life would come out but thats ok because people love him. According to a TIME poll- he is the most popular PERSON in all of politics. He runs.....he wins......

APPROVAL RATINGS

Hillary Clinton 50.4%

Bill Clinton 56.1%

Condoleezza Rice 57.1%

John McCain 59.7%

Barack Obama 59.9%

Rudolph Giuliani 63.5%

Guest markotsay7

Giuliani is liberal on SOME issues but not the most important....terrorism. His personal life would come out but thats ok because people love him. According to a TIME poll- he is the most popular PERSON in all of politics. He runs.....he wins......

APPROVAL RATINGS

Hillary Clinton 50.4%

Bill Clinton 56.1%

Condoleezza Rice 57.1%

John McCain 59.7%

Barack Obama 59.9%

Rudolph Giuliani 63.5%

By 2008 immigration will be one of the largest, if not THE largest, issues in the campaign. Hardcore conservative Republicans, which unfortunately makes up a large portion of our party, would never vote for someone pro-choice and pro-gay rights.

APPROVAL RATINGS

Hillary Clinton 50.4%

Bill Clinton 56.1%

Condoleezza Rice 57.1%

John McCain 59.7%

Barack Obama 59.9%

Rudolph Giuliani 63.5%

By 2008 immigration will be one of the largest, if not THE largest, issues in the campaign. Hardcore conservative Republicans, which unfortunately makes up a large portion of our party, would never vote for someone pro-choice and pro-gay rights.

I would agree that gay rights is the #1 thing I disagree with Rudy on. But we need a tough President in this time vs. Iran/Russia/China and Rudy is our guy. Hillary would be a joke.

Guest markotsay7

APPROVAL RATINGS

Hillary Clinton 50.4%

Bill Clinton 56.1%

Condoleezza Rice 57.1%

John McCain 59.7%

Barack Obama 59.9%

Rudolph Giuliani 63.5%

I would agree that gay rights is the #1 thing I disagree with Rudy on. But we need a tough President in this time vs. Iran/Russia/China and Rudy is our guy. Hillary would be a joke.

You don't think McCain would be as tough as Rudy?

Most of his time as mayor of NYC was a disappointment till the end.

I dont think he would get elected. But he is moderate enough to be a good VP/challenger.

Still, I would enjoy seeing a pro gay rights, pro not big governement, not overspending, pro choice canidate from the republicans.

The country needs people in the middle not religious radicals.

Most of his time as mayor of NYC was a disappointment till the end.

I dont think he would get elected. But he is moderate enough to be a good VP/challenger.

Still, I would enjoy seeing a pro gay rights, pro not big governement, not overspending, pro choice canidate from the republicans.

The country needs people in the middle not religious radicals.

:thumbup true dat

I'd prefer Gore stay in the background. He's doing a lot more good there right now. I really think the only way the democrats win the 08 elections if the candidate is a southern governor. One like Warner.

But I'd love to see Obama run someday. He is one of the greatest orators this country has seen in a long while and he is fairly moderate.

No way a guy who's soft on partial birth, and has a history of putting his hand in the cookie jar, would ever nab the republican nomination.

I said there was no ways a crack addict that was Awol from the military would get it either. But I was wrong so never know.

All Bush apologists are the same. No vote from me.

BTW, I've heard rumblings of Gore making a comeback, and if he does, he'll be a man with a plan that no one will derail.

Whining Gore has no chance- ever.

No way a guy who's soft on partial birth, and has a history of putting his hand in the cookie jar, would ever nab the republican nomination.

Trust me...Guilani is much more popular than people think. He would easily win the presidency as of now by every major poll.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.