Stadium rumor - good news Monday?

A few friends went to the game tonight, and they swear that a stadium usher told them that the whole stadium crew was informed that the Marlins will be announcing this Monday a deal for a 40,000, retractible roof stadium just off I-75 in Miami Gardens. Anybody out there know anything about this?

Bruce in South Florida

now THATS what i call a rumor!

always trying to stay positive but that sounds too good to be true considering all that has happened. And since when do ushers get the inside word on anything?

im even more skeptical of this rumor than what del castillo is saying...but hey...there is truth to every rumor...except the ones that say miggy and dontrelle are on their way out of town

A few friends went to the game tonight, and they swear that a stadium usher told them that the whole stadium crew was informed that the Marlins will be announcing this Monday a deal for a 40,000, retractible roof stadium just off I-75 in Miami Gardens. Anybody out there know anything about this?

Bruce in South Florida

The Irony here is that it falls on the 15th, the day of the San Antonio deadline. Any news is good news at this moment. Heads up Bruce :thumbup

Guest marlins02

so like yeah i was hanging out with the people i used to work with at the stadium last sunday and one of them told me the marlins were leaving miami after this year... it was all official just hadnt been announced.

:plain

i don't believe this is true because it's bruce's first post...i know i'm not one to talk but i just found this site and thats my excuse for that

exactly.

for those of you who may not have figured it out yet, anyone who posts a rumor with their first post is almost always completely full of sh*t.

Why would the stadium ushers be told something like this?

Exactly. As much as i'd love for this to be true, ushers would not be told this information. The ushers at Dolphin Stadium are neither Marlins employees nor do they work for the Stadium. They are employees of CSC, a company hired to staff event security. Could the usher have overeard something? Sure, anything is possible, but I wouldn't put much stock in this rumor.

Last game, I sat on the front row in the isle right on top of the visiting bullpen. The usher didn't know anything about either the team or the stadium situation. All he wanted was for the game to be over so that he can go home. They couldn't care less--they are basically rent-a-cops.