Mitre injured

Nolasco steps in immediately. Let's see if we recall anyone from AAA or AAA. I would love to see Sanchez take Nolasco's spot in the bullpen.

As a matter of fact........be looking for Petit to be arriving in Pittsburgh on Sat....in fact he is already there.....

Why are our pitchers all going down with injuries? And why are the starters not getting the job done?

Guest Festa

Nolasco steps in immediately. Let's see if we recall anyone from AAA or AAA. I would love to see Sanchez take Nolasco's spot in the bullpen.

As a matter of fact........be looking for Petit to be arriving in Pittsburgh on Sat....in fact he is already there.....

Why are our pitchers all going down with injuries? And why are the starters not getting the job done?

:o :o :o

PITTSBURGH -- Marlins starter Sergio Mitre likely will miss "a couple starts" after leaving Friday night's game at PNC Park with discomfort in his right shoulder, manager Joe Girardi said.

With a 2-1 count to Pirates leadoff man Jose Bautista in the bottom of the first inning, the trainer came to the mound, where it was decided that Mitre's night would be over.

"[i told him], 'I hate to take you out with a 5-0 lead, but I'm not going to risk your career for something that can maybe be cleared up in a short period of time,'" Girardi said. "It's a shame."

It is not yet known if Mitre will have an MRI performed on his right shoulder.

Mitre had experienced stiffness in his shoulder two starts ago, but it was decided that he was OK to pitch after being given two extra days of rest after his previous start.

Girardi called on left-hander Jason Vargas to replace Mitre on Friday.

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...t=.jsp&c_id=fla

Guest Festa

PITTSBURGH -- Marlins starter Sergio Mitre likely will miss "a couple starts" after leaving Friday night's game at PNC Park with discomfort in his right shoulder, manager Joe Girardi said.

With a 2-1 count to Pirates leadoff man Jose Bautista in the bottom of the first inning, the trainer came to the mound, where it was decided that Mitre's night would be over.

"[i told him], 'I hate to take you out with a 5-0 lead, but I'm not going to risk your career for something that can maybe be cleared up in a short period of time,'" Girardi said. "It's a shame."

It is not yet known if Mitre will have an MRI performed on his right shoulder.

Mitre had experienced stiffness in his shoulder two starts ago, but it was decided that he was OK to pitch after being given two extra days of rest after his previous start.

Girardi called on left-hander Jason Vargas to replace Mitre on Friday.

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...t=.jsp&c_id=fla

:lol :lol :lol

He called on Vargas to replace Mitre in the game. Girardi isn't that dumb.