Pavano out indefinitely after setback.

Hollyberry

Carl Pavano couldn't straighten his arm Thursday after leaving his rehab start Wednesday with right triceps tightness.

Pavano said he didn't know he'd do next. "No idea. But as far as pitching, I don't think that's the next step at all," he said. The Yankees shouldn't be expecting any sort of positive contribution from Pavano this year. "It's a shutdown right now, actually," manager Joe Torre said. "... When you have problems as early as he did last night we certainly have to make sure that there's no discomfort before you proceed." May. 18 - 7:41 pm et

rotoworld.com

Yikes.

No worries, this will just make a move for Barry Zito a sure thing to happen for New York, don't be surprised if they give Oakland a package involving Robinson Cano.

A PACKAGE including Robinson Cano? Are you kidding me?

I'm not sure I would trade Cano for Zito straight up. Kids a stud, theres no need to get a notoriously inconsistent lefty who has fairly mediocre stuff. He's pitched well this season, but the Yankees wouldn't take a position of strength for the next 12 years in 2B and make it a position of severe weakness for the next 5 years, just so they can get a solid number 3 starter.

Not going to happen.

Cano is a future batting champion.