May 23, 200620 yr "3 teams called yesterday for D'train and were told No." "Nobody has ever had a name for Dtrain" "They havent ever shopped him"
May 23, 200620 yr "I think it's wonderful that the Yankees want players like Dontrelle Willis." "They can't get him." (meaning they don't have the pieces to trade for him...) :lol
May 23, 200620 yr Author "I would hate to say it, but is Juan Pierre a major league starting center fielder?" Boog and him both agreeing that maybe no now. "I think it's wonderful that the Yankees want players like Dontrelle Willis." "They can't get him." (meaning they don't have the pieces to trade for him...) :lol yeah I loved that lol
May 23, 200620 yr "I think it's wonderful that the Yankees want players like Dontrelle Willis." "They can't get him." (meaning they don't have the pieces to trade for him...) :lol All the Yankees have are old rusty players. On the Dontrelle note. If we do trade Dontrelle its nice to see the FO looking for the "perfect" trade.
May 23, 200620 yr Author "I think it's wonderful that the Yankees want players like Dontrelle Willis." "They can't get him." (meaning they don't have the pieces to trade for him...) :lol All the Yankees have are old rusty players. On the Dontrelle note. If we do trade Dontrelle its nice to see the FO looking for the "perfect" trade. That is what they said "It isnt a money thing, if they trade him it is a Talent thing"
May 23, 200620 yr He also mentioned that Loria will probably raise the payroll upto 35 million next year. Thats still small relative to other teams, but as most of our players won't be getting pay increases next year, it would allow us to comfortably keep Miggy and Willis, and sign a veteran or two (if only to a one year deal).
May 23, 200620 yr Caller question: If you're starting a team & you can't pick Pujols or ARod, what's the one player you'd take? Gammonds: Either Miguel Cabrera or David Wright. :thumbup
May 23, 200620 yr I don't see the Yankees getting D-Train any time soon. Their farm system is too barren to give us a reasonable offer.
May 23, 200620 yr Nice. Theres others I'd consider too though, Texiara, Bay, Baldelli, Crawford, etc. etc. And of course Hanley
May 23, 200620 yr Nice. Theres others I'd consider too though, Texiara, Bay, Baldelli, Crawford, etc. etc. And of course Hanley Yeah if he could ever stay healthy. Isn't it time for him to retire already?? :lol
May 23, 200620 yr Ya, no on the Baldelli plug. Actually no to Crawford as well. He's not in the same leauge as Wright and Cabs
May 23, 200620 yr Caller question: If you're starting a team & you can't pick Pujols or ARod, what's the one player you'd take? Gammonds: Either Miguel Cabrera or David Wright. :thumbup That's pretty high praise right there. :thumbup
May 23, 200620 yr I don't see the Yankees getting D-Train any time soon. Their farm system is too barren to give us a reasonable offer. Hughes, Tabata and CJ Henry are all going to be good to great, but they're not parting with any of them. Yankees farm system is hardly in shambles, it's just that Brian Cashman is going Gene Michaels and refusing to part with young position players turning Cano, Wang, Huges and Henry into the 2005/06 version of Jeter, Bernie, Pettitte etc.
May 23, 200620 yr Caller question: If you're starting a team & you can't pick Pujols or ARod, what's the one player you'd take? Gammonds: Either Miguel Cabrera or David Wright. :thumbup He also mentioned Hanley Ramirez in the same answer. :thumbup
May 23, 200620 yr I don't see the Yankees getting D-Train any time soon. Their farm system is too barren to give us a reasonable offer. Hughes, Tabata and CJ Henry are all going to be good to great, but they're not parting with any of them. Yankees farm system is hardly in shambles, it's just that Brian Cashman is going Gene Michaels and refusing to part with young position players turning Cano, Wang, Huges and Henry into the 2005/06 version of Jeter, Bernie, Pettitte etc. Except that Cano is a barely average 2nd baseman and Wang's ceiling is as a 4 starter.
May 23, 200620 yr I'm still waiting for Wright's production to merit being mentioned in the same sentence with Miguel Cabrera.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.