My Personal Apologies to DLEE

FreshFish

I as a Fan need to apologize to Mr. Derrek Lee. I've been pissed with him at times (much earlier in the season), and I have called him many names.

Names like "anti-clutch", "pushover", "easy out", "Mr K", and other names ( :censored ) that I'll be ashamed of myself if I dare to mention.

Thank you Derreck and keep up the good work going.

YOU DA MAN! :notworthy

PS. This is what I deserve -------------> :hanged

Derrek Lee is playing for Derrek Lee right now. He knows he's gone. It took his own economic self-interest to finally get him going, but if that's what it took my hat's off to him.

Considering the way he's ending this season, I'm thinking more and more that perhaps it won't be Lee but Encarnacion who is gone this offseason (with Conine taking over in right).

Considering the way he's ending this season, I'm thinking more and more that perhaps it won't be Lee but Encarnacion who is gone this offseason (with Conine taking over in right).

Hmmm....good point. Encarnacion is doing terrible in offense. :banghead

Encarnacion seems like the perfect player for the Marlins. He doesn't do enough to get noticed, but he's solid.

Lee is a superior player, but I don't think the Marlins can afford to keep him on.

Encarnacion shouldn't be nearly as expensive.

I wouldn't consider Encarnacion 'solid'. I'd say he's far less than solid. Offensively, he's one of the worst right fielders in baseball. Look at how he ranks compared with other right fielders in baseball:

AVG: 18th out of 22 RFs who qualify

OBP: 21st out of 22 RFs who qualify

SLG: 17th out of 22 RFs who qualify

HR: 19th

RBI: 7th

The only stat he's even respectable in is RBI, and that has more to do with the hitters in front of him than anything else. He makes about 3.5 mil this season. My guess is he'll make about 5 mil next season after arbitration. 5 million dollars for a below average right fielder is not financially sound.

DLee should make anything from $5.5-8mil

if we can get Enc at a decent price, he may not be that bad of a pickup.... he has 35 doubles this year which blows away what he has done in the past, he has 20+ steals with 30+ potential, he has the decent power, he had a career high in rbi this year and he is still relatively young....

but thats just me....im a fan of his

i dunno why ppl say encarn is bad for RF... he gots no error 17 HR and 89 RBI and 21 steal or soemthing liek that with .275. He also will breakout in a yr or 2 for 30-35 HR and id hate to miss that. he like a mini vlad.

yeh hes not the MVP of every game and the best clutch hittr but he does all the little stuff and slowly they add up. we would miss him unless we got vlady or gary sheff.

i think he was refering to his defense as was i, but you're right. offensively he tends to fall asleep behind the bat compared to his teammates and fellow right fielders.

ok, if i told u he made more $ than miguel would u like him more? oh wait hes not 20 nevermind...

if his bat fall asleep howcome he gots more RBI than anybody on the team beside lowell and enc bats 6-7 in th order? explain plz.

Enc is 3rd on the team in AB's (behind Luis + JP) with 268 having runners on base....leading the team. Derrek Lee has one less RBI and 40+ less AB's with runners on than Enc.

He'll be 28 next season and you can throw out his totals, but if you rank them relative to other RF's in the game hes average to below average. I doubt his breakout year will happen because he hit 24 HR last year and is at 17 this year with a week to go. Breakout years tend to happen at 27 and this year Enc has had anything but a breakout season. For 1-3 million more Lee is just the far superior player and we'd save 1-2 million by putting Conine in RF over Enc. If we suck next season at least we have much more appealing trade bait in Lee than Enc.