Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Something to think about

Featured Replies

Today in 2005 season, Houston were 26-38, and they got wild card & NL Champion.

 

It ain't over 'til it's over

I honestly think there's no harm in letting the optimism run wild here...as long as we arnt talking about bringing in a veteran for a playoff run it's all good. Ride the momentum and enjoy it. :D

I honestly think there's no harm in letting the optimism run wild here...as long as we arnt talking about bringing in a veteran for a playoff run it's all good. Ride the momentum and enjoy it. :D

 

 

:nono .. We have to keep what we have.

 

Its probably a huge boost to these players knowing that they are in the playoff race. We just have to keep on winning. Yea I know its kind of a stretch but anything can happen... ex: 2003 Fish!

 

 

 

Did you see after the game where they all were celebrating? They remind me of the 2003 club. Young, Talented and Competitive :) .

On this date, in 2003, the Florida Marlins were 33-37. On todays date, after tonights win, the Florida Marlins are 26-37.

 

I know I know, dont get the hopes up. But it is something truly cool to think about.

 

true, but the '03 marlins record has 7 more wins, and the same amount of losses as the '06 team.

On this date, in 2003, the Florida Marlins were 33-37. On todays date, after tonights win, the Florida Marlins are 26-37.

 

I know I know, dont get the hopes up. But it is something truly cool to think about.

 

true, but the '03 marlins record has 7 more wins, and the same amount of losses as the '06 team.

 

We have played like 5 or 6 less games than everyone else. Thats what I heard. True?

On this date, in 2003, the Florida Marlins were 33-37. On todays date, after tonights win, the Florida Marlins are 26-37.

 

I know I know, dont get the hopes up. But it is something truly cool to think about.

 

true, but the '03 marlins record has 7 more wins, and the same amount of losses as the '06 team.

And because South Florida public education is what it is no one seems to notice the 2006 Marlins have played SEVEN LESS GAMES than the 2003 Marlins as of this date.

 

In 2003 they had played 70 games (33 + 37 = 70), 2006 the have played 63 games (26 +37 = 63).

 

Math...try it some time. And it won't rot your brain.

I think one thing that will benefit us later in the season is the fact that we'll undoubtedly have more doubleheaders than any other club. I say this because we'll probably have the most ready starters in the high minors...all with options. We could make up some good ground there playing against very weak pitchers or bullpen starts from other clubs. Meanwhile we'd see Petit, Sanchez, Pinto, and maybe Mildren or Ungs. Dunno just a thought.

Except the 2003 Marlins and 2005 Astros were good teams...

 

 

I would venture to say that top to bottom we have a better pitching staff than in 2003. The guys we have now are pitching more consistent than most of the guys in '03, evne if some of those guys might have had more natural talent. In 2003 it took some magic, this year it would take a lot as well. But nobody here can say 100 percent that we aren't going to make the playoffs. Its just a very big reach.

I don't mind optimism, but this team is surprising a lot of people by how well they are playing. I think if you expect too much of the team, you can't enjoy following them as much. Personally, I'm enjoying this team more this June than the last two years when they underacheived.

There's fifteen games in the next run of interleague games.

 

If somehow we can finish this run 8-7 we will have accomplished something almost impossible to contemplate two months ago.

I know we have what 2 or 3 DHs in the 2nd half...but why have we played 5 or 6 fewer games?

 

 

I thought the same thing.

 

Maybe the season started a few days later this year? That's the only thing I can think of, although come to think of it we have had quite a number of off days so far, more than usual.

I know we have what 2 or 3 DHs in the 2nd half...but why have we played 5 or 6 fewer games?

 

 

We did have two games rained out. One at New York, and the other at Philly.

 

I'm also very pleased with these baby marlins playing here in June.

 

Infact, if you take out that 2-14 embarrassment in sanfran, the Marlins are outscoring thier opponents 54-22, with 2 series sweeps. :thumbup

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.