Lamar Odom's infant son dies

FishFan24

Really a sad story.

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Los Angeles Laker player Lamar Odom's 6?-month-old son has died, a spokesman for the team said Thursday.Jayden Odom died Wednesday night, apparently suffocating while sleeping in his crib in New York, according to John Black.

"Lamar is very distraught," Black said. "Both he and the baby's mother are asking that people respect their privacy at this time."

Jayden was born Dec. 15. Odom has two older children -- a son and a daughter.

The 26-year-old Odom came to the Lakers two years ago in the trade that sent Shaquille O'Neal to the Miami Heat. Odom averaged 14.8 points, 9.2 rebounds and 5.5 assists in 80 games for the Lakers last season and 19.1 points, 11.0 rebounds and 4.9 assists in their first-round playoff series against the Phoenix Suns.

C/O Espn.com

Best wishes and prayers goes out to Lamar and his family in their time of sorrow.

yep this is defnetley sad, 1st thing that came to my mind was preston wilson when he was a marlin. i remember his infant had died to. man i know he was depressed and i was depressed with em..... laker nation is mourning the death as well as die hard heat and clipper fans...well i guess, he has to move on and just cherrish the other two kids he has.