10 Games below .500

I love how Reggie gets blamed for everything on this board.

He hit a homer and made 2 great catches yesterday, and somebody still blamed him for the loss.

:lol

I didn't blame anyone for the loss. Abercrombie was one of many to contribute to the loss (likewise, he has contributed to many wins as well). And as I said those great catches were incredibly lucky. On their descent, his body was so tangled up spotting a ball in a day without wind or excessive sun. It was, like the singles and doubles into the gap he played into doubles and triples and the mishandled ball, as if he was clueless out there.

Reggie's one of the worst players on the team. At the very least one of the worst among our "starting players". Whether that's because the great amount of talent we've acquired or his inability to adjust to this level or whatever. Don't be surprised if he's noted for that.

I agree that I find the fascination with outting the worst players' faults while ignoring the best players funny. We all know Abercrombie's not doing very well, but he's not doing everything terrible all the time. I mean, the rest of us know. The club knows, and doesn't need or care for our urging for a move. But some people need a scapegoat. Some people need to concentrate all their anger (or adoration) among a small set of players.

So we lost 2 games to the Red Sox and followed that up with not being ready to play the Nats.....that shocks anyone here? It will shock you that pitchers that have never pitched more than a minor league season will start to falter in August when they are asked to pitch more innings than they ever have? It will shock you that if and when the games become 'crucial' and 'playoff type' games out young players will play like...young players?

The team has been outstanding. The team has shown they will be a constender real soon. Enjoying the ride and the hoping for a wild card is great. Can it happen, sure. But most likely it won't and anyone going nuts because they blew a few games is really missing the importance and reason for THIS season.

That being said...Hermida bats # 3 and Reggie must go :)

I don't think it's a fact of pitchers getting tired due to inexperience. They've been playing above their heads recently. They weren't going to pitch this well. Not in July. Not in September. Not in April. Rarely ever.

I think we're well prepared to spare our young arms from fatigue should the club decide to make the proper arrangements. We have more quality pitchers than we do innings.

6 (?) games until the all star break...If we win 4/6, we're back to 8 games under. It's fine, because then we can still possibly get to .500 by the trade deadline (with luck of course).

and amazingly we're still only 5 games back of the WC in the loss column.

6 (?) games until the all star break...If we win 4/6, we're back to 8 games under. It's fine, because then we can still possibly get to .500 by the trade deadline (with luck of course).

and amazingly we're still only 5 games back of the WC in the loss column.

wow good news :thumbup

He hit a homer and made 2 great catches yesterday, and somebody still blamed him for the loss.

He has been made the official scapegoat by way too many people. Unfairly so. Hanley hit .190 in June and is currently hitting .235 this month. His and Jake's errors in the first inning of the Friday night loss in Yanktown basically cost us that game. And yet nothing bad is said about him.

Miggy has 12 errors so far this year. I think the actual number should be above 20 but thanks to some generous score keepers they counted as hits. He can't charge a ball and throw to 1B without it ending up in the dugout and yet this guy is a god.

Freddy has totally forgotten what that wood thing in his hands is for and yet nothing bad being said.

Need I continue??? When we win everyone says it is team win. When we lose it is Reggie's fault. Is Reggie pulling the fences in so those balls leave the playing field??? Is Reggie sitting in the dugout telling everyone what to swing at??? Is Reggie calling out what pitches to throw??? Has Reggie convinced the infielders to make game changing errors so he dosen't look so bad???

Reggie has so much potential that the team has decided to stick with him and help him work things out. The ones that are Reggie bashing would be the same people that were calling for DLee's head on a platter a few years back. Deal with it.

Reggie lost his job and was getting extra work. His swing has changed and he is continually learning. When things finally click for him will these same people come back here saying how wrong they were about him??? Somehow I doubt that.

Miggy has 12 errors so far this year. I think the actual number should be above 20 but thanks to some generous score keepers they counted as hits. He can't charge a ball and throw to 1B without it ending up in the dugout and yet this guy is a god.

Cabrera is hitting close to .350, so no, he is not god, but he may be sitting on his right. When Reggie hits .350 he can toss a few into the dugout and avoid criticism.

I think the point is that Abercrombie is not the only one making mistakes and playing sh*tty, so he shouldn't get blamed for every loss we have.

Cabrera is hitting close to .350, so no, he is not god, but he may be sitting on his right. When Reggie hits .350 he can toss a few into the dugout and avoid criticism.

I think the point is that Abercrombie is not the only one making mistakes and playing sh*tty, so he shouldn't get blamed for every loss we have.

Yea it was. And I noticed how the poster ignored how Hanley and Freddy are doing. I just get a little tired of winning and the team gets congrats but lose and it's all Reggie's fault.

Everyone needs to stop bashing Reggie ASAP.

He is guaranteed to have at least 3-4 quality AB's every start he gets.

His plate discipline is light years ahead of anyone's on the team.

His prowess on the base paths is unheralded and if they gave a Gold Shoe for baserunning he would be the clear front runner.

He is a FIVE TOOL player. The HR he hit in Cincy still has not come down yet. Dont you remember that shot?

And what exactly is it that puts him over the top in terms of being the team MVP so far? Its the way he carries himself on the field. Who else on the team struts up to the plate like they're gettin out of a limo on the way to P Diddy's private party in Miami?

No one does. Only our man Reggie.

His prowess on the base paths is unheralded and if they gave a Gold Shoe for baserunning he would be the clear front runner.

He is a FIVE TOOL player. The HR he hit in Cincy still has not come down yet. Dont you remember that shot?

And what exactly is it that puts him over the top in terms of being the team MVP so far? Its the way he carries himself on the field. Who else on the team struts up to the plate like they're gettin out of a limo on the way to P Diddy's private party in Miami?

:blink:

:blink: I'm assuming The Don was laying the sarcasm on really thick. If he wasnt' then double :blink: :blink:

:blink: I'm assuming The Don was laying the sarcasm on really thick. If he wasnt' then double :blink: :blink:

:thumbup

But yeah it has come to the point that Reggie is our new Billy the Marlins. His skills is terribly funny. :thumbup

He has been made the official scapegoat by way too many people. Unfairly so. Hanley hit .190 in June and is currently hitting .235 this month. His and Jake's errors in the first inning of the Friday night loss in Yanktown basically cost us that game. And yet nothing bad is said about him.

Freddy has totally forgotten what that wood thing in his hands is for and yet nothing bad being said.

Need I continue??? When we win everyone says it is team win. When we lose it is Reggie's fault. Is Reggie pulling the fences in so those balls leave the playing field??? Is Reggie sitting in the dugout telling everyone what to swing at??? Is Reggie calling out what pitches to throw??? Has Reggie convinced the infielders to make game changing errors so he dosen't look so bad???

Reggie has so much potential that the team has decided to stick with him and help him work things out. The ones that are Reggie bashing would be the same people that were calling for DLee's head on a platter a few years back. Deal with it.

Reggie lost his job and was getting extra work. His swing has changed and he is continually learning. When things finally click for him will these same people come back here saying how wrong they were about him??? Somehow I doubt that.

I remember when I said Hanley was a blackhole in the lineup during June and everyone bash me. Hanley was as bad as Reggie during June. Can't hit or field right. But people still remember his April/May performence and that sad. You have to hit good in April or you won't get many fans. Just look at Olivo. But we still have the right to bash Reggie. He is playing bad and the fact that he started bad too, that not going to help him. Why brother continue being patience on this guy, we are only helping the team that will get him in the future if he does pull a Lee.