Pitching matchups in ATL

Guest FishFanInPA

fantastic matchups.... well atleast the first two

Third game's a gimmie. If you saw that STL vs ATL game he pitched, his pitch selection is horrible.

silliest thing ever.

We can win at most two of three now with that jinx.

Third game's a gimmie. If you saw that STL vs ATL game he pitched, his pitch selection is horrible.

Any game that looks that good in favor of the Marlins is the game you have to worry about.

Especially when you factor is Olsen's mental make up.

The kid is a stud but he is not exactly the shining star of emotional coolness on the mound and in the dugout.

That was the problem with last years team that thought too much about gimmies and they gave us a thrid place finish. Otherwise looks like good pitching match-ups for the next few years so get used to seeing all of these kids.

Any game that looks that good in favor of the Marlins is the game you have to worry about.

The kid is a stud but he is not exactly the shining star of emotional coolness on the mound and in the dugout.

Big Tex wasn't exactly a cool customer on the mound either. Emotional, easily fired up.

What you call bad mental makeup, I call intensity. And it's a good thing to have.

Big Tex wasn't exactly a cool customer on the mound either. Emotional, easily fired up.

What you call bad mental makeup, I call intensity. And it's a good thing to have.

There's a difference. Intensity is good. It keeps batters on their heels and fires up the rest of the team. Emotional is not good. What we see with Olsen is someone who will let the ump or other things going on around the field get under his skin. Then he starts thinking about these things instead of his pitches. He has alot of emotional/mental maturing to do before we can start marking his starts down as automatic W's

I dont agree Spike. Let me explain.......

Big Tex would get fired up and I liked that about him (unless he did it in the 1st inning and gave up 3 or 4 runs). The first inning was always Josh's biggest obstacle. Everyone loved it (including me) when Josh would get fired up after a big K.

Olsen only gets fired up when things dont go his way (borderline call by plate ump or a miscue by one of his position players). Those 2 things I mentioned are not good things to get fired up about (especially reason # 2).

Hopefully Olsen will grow out of it. He is very young after all.

But as of right now he is always one bad call/error away from having a header out there.

I dont agree Spike. Let me explain.......

Big Tex would get fired up and I liked that about him (unless he did it in the 1st inning and gave up 3 or 4 runs). The first inning was always Josh's biggest obstacle. Everyone loved it (including me) when Josh would get fired up after a big K.

Olsen only gets fired up when things dont go his way (borderline call by plate ump or a miscue by one of his position players). Those 2 things I mentioned are not good things to get fired up about (especially reason # 2).

Hopefully Olsen will grow out of it. He is very young after all.

But as of right now he is always one bad call/error away from having a header out there.

You beat me to it.

Not saying your wrong, but I disagree with your disagreement.

Now part of it is immaturity. But how long before that intensity bred from immaturity is turned into intensity towards the game?(I am not sure if that wording makes sense?)

Big Tex had his moments of immaturity. Immaturity breeds intensity. Before long Scotty O will be doing fist pumps, slapping his chest, sticking his toungeout etc. etc. after a big K or doing the fist pump and point at an infielder when they make a good play.

But either way, Big Tex was a special player. His cockyness and arrogance is unmatched as far as I am concerned. But that fueled his fire. I feel Olsen will turn into the exact same type of player.

Just give it time.