Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dolphins coach turns down invitation to dine with President Bush

Featured Replies

DAVIE, Fla. ? (AP) ? When the White House called with an invitation to dine with President Bush, Dan Marino took it. But the coach of his former team said no.

 

Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban said Monday that his obligations at training camp took priority over a chance to meet the president.

 

"It was really a tough decision,'' Saban said. "I feel like my first responsibility is our team. That in no way

disrespects the importance of the opportunity I would have loved to have had to spend dinner with the President.''

 

The invitation was for dinner with Bush on Sunday night at Joe's Stone Crabs, a landmark Miami Beach restaurant. Marino, a former Dolphins quarterback and an NFL Hall of Famer, did attend, Bush said in a speech Monday.

 

Several Dolphins players said they weren't surprised that Saban put his team ahead of the president.

 

"We all know Nick is serious about what we're doing here and is committed to it,'' defensive end Jason Taylor said.

turning the president down for training camp. i love this man.

It's cuz Miami has the Dolphins, the greatest footbal team.

We take the ball from goal to goal like no one has ever seen.

We're on the ground we're in the air, we're always in control.

And when you say Miami, you're talkin Super Bowl.

It's cuz Miami has the Dolphins, the greatest footbal team.

We take the ball from goal to goal like no one has ever seen.

We're on the ground we're in the air, we're always in control.

And when you say Miami, you're talkin Super Bowl.

 

I HATE to nitpick, but it's "We're in the air, we're on the ground.."

 

But I still love the enthusiasm!

It's cuz Miami has the Dolphins, the greatest footbal team.

We take the ball from goal to goal like no one has ever seen.

We're on the ground we're in the air, we're always in control.

And when you say Miami, you're talkin Super Bowl.

 

 

Cause we're the Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins Number 1.

 

Miami has the Dolphins,

The greatest football team!

We take the ball from goal to goal,

Like no one's ever seen!

We're in the air,

We're on the ground,

We're always in control.

So when you say Miami,

You're talking Super Bowl!

 

Yes we're the Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins Number 1.

It's cuz Miami has the Dolphins, the greatest footbal team.

We take the ball from goal to goal like no one has ever seen.

We're on the ground we're in the air, we're always in control.

And when you say Miami, you're talkin Super Bowl.

 

 

Cause we're the Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins Number 1.

 

Miami has the Dolphins,

The greatest football team!

We take the ball from goal to goal,

Like no one's ever seen!

We're in the air,

We're on the ground,

We're always in control.

So when you say Miami,

You're talking Super Bowl!

 

Yes we're the Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins Number 1.

 

:thumbup :notworthy :cool :D :)

He'll be able to dine with the president when the Dolphins are celebrating the Superbowl win.

 

:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

 

 

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

:lol :lol :lol :lol x 13203 at this thread.

 

 

I will shoot myself in the head if the Dolphins win the Superbowl this year.

:lol :lol :lol :lol x 13203 at this thread.

 

 

I will shoot myself in the head if the Dolphins win the Superbowl this year.

 

I will insert my weiner into said hole (among others) if we win the Superbowl this year.

:lol :lol :lol :lol x 13203 at this thread.

 

 

I will shoot myself in the head if the Dolphins win the Superbowl this year.

 

I will insert my weiner into said hole (among others) if we win the Superbowl this year.

 

Whoa - sweet!

 

 

Go Dolphins? :mischief

:lol :lol :lol :lol x 13203 at this thread.

 

 

I will shoot myself in the head if the Dolphins win the Superbowl this year.

 

I will insert my weiner into said hole (among others) if we win the Superbowl this year.

 

Whoa - sweet!

 

 

Go Dolphins? :mischief

You betcha.

 

:thumbup

I think people are making too much of this.

 

Especially the people who think he's just hating on Bush. Grow up.

 

If I actually liked my job and the president called me in the middle of it and asked me to have tacos with him I'd probably turn him down, too, if I though it would affect the quality of the product.

I dont care if Saban likes Bush or not, well I do, but he shunned the stupid idiot making Bush look worse in public! haha I love it!

 

Saban 2008!

I dont care if Saban likes Bush or not, well I do, but he shunned the stupid idiot making Bush look worse in public! haha I love it!

 

Saban 2008!

 

What the hell?

I think people are making too much of this.

 

Especially the people who think he's just hating on Bush. Grow up.

 

If I actually liked my job and the president called me in the middle of it and asked me to have tacos with him I'd probably turn him down, too, if I though it would affect the quality of the product.

I don't think anybody is really thinking he is hating on Bush. More people are pleased he is more interested in his first priority then anything. The hating on Bush part just kind of gets assumed by most people ya know?

That's alright he can have lunch with the president next spring at the White House :mischief

 

:lol :notworthy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.