Andruw Jones

Its not going to happen...but if someone has the spects to do it would be us.

Probably the Red Sox though.

there's a great chance someone claimed him before he got to the Sox

I believe so as well but who else really needs a CFer and would pay that kind of cash?

We did.

He would never make it to the Red Sox.

Baseball aside. From a business perspective, the smartest thing the Marlins could do is make sure either they got Jones or no one else did and/or the Braves were stuck with him (10/5) as they try to cut payroll.

"It's just business".

Is it the team with the lowest record to put a claim on him the one that is granted the rights to trade for him? Kinda of like football?

I don't think that it would be too far fetched for us to be the ones who were granted the rights. Atlanta, in my opinion, has been a team that seems to have their heads on straight and calculates moves very carefully. They never seem to make a move just to make a move. I'm saying that if they have weighed the positives and negatives of trading him while they still can and letting him become a 10-5 player by not trading him, obviously keeping in mind that they realistically cannot compete in the playoffs, maybe they really could care less who they trade him to.

All I am saying is that we can all agree that while we certainly can't ever root for the Braves, everyone can see through the years why their organization makes it real easy for those to root that do. They are consistantly calculating every move they make. They know that Andruw more than likely will only be here through this season and they rid themselves of a high contract while getting decent prospects from us. They know what they are doing. I certainly don't like the Braves but I sure as hell respect the organization alot more than our other rivals out there!

Just to add some info

ESPN's Buster Olney says Andruw Jones has been claimed on waivers, though he doesn't know by which team.

This whole thing isn't much of a story. Jones can be traded to whichever team claimed him, but the only players the Braves could get in return are prospects not on the 40-man roster or players who fall to them on waivers. There's almost no way that they'd get the kind of talent they want in return for Jones in a waiver deal.

Source: ESPN.com

There's only three organizations who would be in position to tell anyone: Braves, the team who claimed him, MLB's front office

Andruw jones was just picked up by an unnamed team...

espn reporting

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2539544

Of course it's the Fish.

:mischief2 Just say we got him (I know the chances are low). How much would his salary be this year?

I think you have a better chance of being invited to the president's house than acquiring Andruw,but he is due around 4-6 million the rest of the season.

espn reporting

Of course it's the Fish.

:mischief2 Just say we got him (I know the chances are low). How much would his salary be this year?

I think you have a better chance of being invited to the president's house than acquiring Andruw,but he is due around 4-6 million the rest of the season.

I know but sometimes its fun to get excited about this kind of stuff.

Impossible.

Regge is teh WorsT playeR eva anD no1 wud EVA wanT Him.

hE hAS nO TaLeNT.

espn reporting

Of course it's the Fish.

I know but sometimes its fun to get excited about this kind of stuff.

I don't do that anymore because 4 out of 5 times,the trade does not go down,and in this situation,nobody,except us at MB.com even speculates that Beinfest made a call to Atl to talk about a possible trade for Andruw

Impossible.

hE hAS nO TaLeNT.

LiEk OmGAAA wHo EvEn CaReS aBoUt ReGgIe?

ItS aLl AbOuT mIgUeL cAbReRa AnD hIs AsS

LiEk 4rEaL,i CaN't WaIt To mArRy HiM,iF hE cAn HiT lIkE tHaT oN tHe FiElD iMaGiNe In ThE BeD!!

oMgAAA

:p

lol

Impossible.

hE hAS nO TaLeNT.

LiEk OmGAAA wHo EvEn CaReS aBoUt ReGgIe?

ItS aLl AbOuT mIgUeL cAbReRa AnD hIs AsS

LiEk 4rEaL,i CaN't WaIt To mArRy HiM,iF hE cAn HiT lIkE tHaT oN tHe FiElD iMaGiNe In ThE BeD!!

oMgAAA

:p

lol

:lol :lol