Rafael Soriano, Mariners

National League Nominees

Nomar Garciaparra, Dodgers

Johnny Estrada, Diamondbacks

Carlos Beltran, Mets

Scott Rolen, Cardinals

Joe Borowski, Marlins

Edgar Renteria, Braves

Who you guys got? You can vote online here.

AL: Thome

NL: Beltran or Nomar

6. beltran-why's he on this list?

after being declared a bust and everyone calling him overrated after one bad year, he's having the best year of his career and has been the fourth best hitter in the NL (behind Pujols, Berkman, and Howard)

AL: Thome

NL: Beltran or Nomar

6. beltran-why's he on this list?

after being declared a bust and everyone calling him overrated after one bad year, he's having the best year of his career and has been the fourth best hitter in the NL (behind Pujols, Berkman, and Howard)

There is more to hitting then OPS.

I can't believe all the hatred for Beltran. He sucked horribly last year and is having an exponentially better season this year. He's doubled his homerun out put, has more RBI's, and has vastly improved his BA and OBP. Isn't that what the comeback player of the year award recognizes? Coming back from a horrible season and putting up good numbers?

Anyway, I voted for Nomar and Thome.

I can't believe all the hatred for Beltran. He sucked horribly last year and is having an exponentially better season this year. He's doubled his homerun out put, has more RBI's, and has vastly improved his BA and OBP. Isn't that what the comeback player of the year award recognizes? Coming back from a horrible season and putting up good numbers?

No.

When I think of 'comeback' I think of a player that has been off the radar (or has just played badly) for a couple years, and all of the sudden has a great season.

No.

When I think of 'comeback' I think of a player that has been off the radar (or has just played badly) for a couple years, and all of the sudden has a great season.

Then why is Jim Thome up there? He had one bad season in Philly, he hit 42 homers in 2004.

No.

Then why is Jim Thome up there? He had one bad season in Philly, he hit 42 homers in 2004.

Because he was injured last year, and many thought he would not come back the player he once was. Beltran was just poor last year and had little or no excuse.

No.

Because he was injured last year, and many thought he would not come back the player he once was. Beltran was just poor last year and had little or no excuse.

Beltran played with a strained quad almost all season and had a horriffic collision with Mike Cameron. And no one thought Beltran was even that good, the fact he came back from a sub par season where he was injured and doubt was cast on his talent is enough a comeback to be on the list.

No.

So then that would make him a good comeback player right? I'm no Mets fan but hurt or not, Beltran is having a hell of a comeback year.

But I can't believe Mike Lowell is not nominated.

No.

Beltran played with a strained quad almost all season and had a horriffic collision with Mike Cameron. And no one thought Beltran was even that good, the fact he came back from a sub par season where he was injured and doubt was cast on his talent is enough a comeback to be on the list.

No one thought he was even that good? Wha?

I just don't think you can have a 'comeback' after what is probably considered an 'average' season last year. If anything, this might be his 'breakout' year. He's only 29.