My complaint with Girardi...

As many may know, i think Girardi has done an excellent job with this club.

that being said, and thise has bothered me for a while, why is one of our best run producers and power threats hitting second? put him behind miguel/jake and give them some protection, and hopefully more chances for some rbi's.

have amezaga and ramirez 1-2 in the order. amezaga gets on base and that would be a ton of speed at the top, almost like the pierre-castillo effect had. when amezaga is out of the lineup, hit hermida second and see if he can get on base/get some pitches to hit with cabrera behind him.

Amezaga

Ramirez

Cabrera

Jacobs

Uggla

Hermida

Willingham

Olivo

or

Ramirez

Hermida

Cabrera

Jacobs

Uggla

Willingham

Olivo

Ross/Abercrombie/Amezaga/whoever

Uggla has the second best OBP on the team (after Cabrera). There is no point to hit him at the bottom of the order.

He's also 2nd on the team in RBI's. His OBP is .350. Amezaga is at .342. Hanley, Hermida, Jacobs and Willingham are all above .330. I believe the team has more to gain by trying him out in the 5th spot with his ability to drive in runs.

Uggla has the second best OBP on the team (after Cabrera). There is no point to hit him at the bottom of the order.

He's also 2nd on the team in RBI's. His OBP is .350. Amezaga is at .342. Hanley, Hermida, Jacobs and Willingham are all above .330. I believe the team has more to gain by trying him out in the 5th spot with his ability to drive in runs.

i agree...and maybe moving hermida up to the second spot with cabs hitting behind him, should see alot more hittable pitchs and maybe get him out of this funk

i agree...and maybe moving hermida up to the second spot with cabs hitting behind him, should see alot more hittable pitchs and maybe get him out of this funk

hermida gets hittable pitches batting in his current spot in the lineup. he just watches them until he has two strike on him. :plain

He's also 2nd on the team in RBI's.

Exactly.

He is doing quite well driving in runs where he is.

Don't move him.

It shows that he'd be driving in even more runs if he was batting 5th with more people getting on base in front of him. If Uggla tanks in that spot then move him back to his comfort zone.

I dont want amazega near the top of the order or out there honestly. But then again I want a new CF honestly.

But once hermida gets out of the funk he could be a good number 2 hitter with uggla at number 4 behind Miggy or 3 right before miggy

Fishfan u r 100% right about Pasta in CF but Uggla is a good #2 hitter...let him be!

Hermida

Olivo

Cabrera

Jacobs

Willingham

Ross

Hanley

Uggla

Hermida can work his OB%

OLivo with runners on and Cabrera in back gets fastballs....

Willy is Willy

Ross gets pitches in front of a solid bottom of the order

Uggla is a better # 8 hitter because he will get the pitcher AB more than Olivo does.

Hermida

Olivo

Cabrera

Jacobs

Willingham

Ross

Hanley

Uggla

Hermida can work his OB%

Willy is Willy

Uggla is a better # 8 hitter because he will get the pitcher AB more than Olivo does.

Uggla hitting 8th?!?! In the national league? The guy is leading our team in HRs, and you want him to hit 8th so that we can get more at bats for our pitchers? Wow...

I don't get the logic with keeping Uggla in the #2 spot....at all....

Sure his OBP is good, but most of that is because he is a good hitter, not because he has a Nick Johnson type approach.

Would the Red Sox bat Manny Ramirez 2nd? What about the Yankees with A-Rod? Obviously, Uggla isn't as good as these types, but he's one of the two best we have at driving in runs.

We have enough guys that get on base...T-Hutt goes over it a thousand times...runners stranded on base is the teams biggest problem. No one drives them in...

Uggla does, he's hitting .314 with RISP and .360 with runners on, compared to .247 with the bases empty.

compare that to the others in the middle of the order with RISP:

Jacobs:.247

Willingham:.263

Hermida: .279 (decent, but slugging .397, which is terrible)

after that, we get to :

Olivo: .267

Amezaga: .145 (never bat him anywhere but leadoff...completely useless anywhere else. .313 with a .393 OBP with bases empty)

Cody Ross: .231

to summarize: everyone except cabrera and uggla are pretty bad in run-producing situation, while alot of guys have uggla-like obp's. put those two in the middle of the order, preferably uggla hitting fourth or fifth. Cabrera has turned into a doubles hitter this year, especially lately. I'd like to see Uggla up there and see what he can do with Cabs standing at second 2 or 3 AB's a game.

Now we have a problem with Uggla hitting 2nd? Damn you guys are tough to please! Uggla has been awesome batting 2nd in the lineup...he has had a bit of a slide but pretty much the whole team has been in a bit of a funk...let him be, these guys are just getting a bit tired they will be ok

you guys?

might want to read the entire post. i've defended girardi in just about every "lets complain about girardi and his in-game management" thread. i've said countless times how i feel about him.

Hermida

Olivo

Cabrera

Jacobs

Willingham

Ross

Hanley

Uggla

Hermida can work his OB%

Willy is Willy

That's the dumbest lineup I've seen in a long time. Why not let the pitcher bat cleanup?

As far as moving a guy up in the lineup when he is struggling terribly, I can't say I'm a fan of that either. If anywhere, Hermida should be hitting lower.