Question about Cabrera's 100th homerun.

cabrerarules

When Cabrera hits his 100th homerun, is it going to be like a record for youngest player to hit 100?

Nevermind, for anyone who cares this is the list of the youngest players to hit 100 homeruns.

1 NL Mel Ott New York 22y 132d

2 AL Tony Conigliaro Boston 22y 197d

3 NL Eddie Mathews Boston/Milwaukee 22y 292d

4 AL Alex Rodriguez Seattle 23y 016d

5 NL Andruw Jones Atlanta 23y 062d

6 NL Johnny Bench Cincinnati 23y 161d

7 NL Hank Aaron Milwaukee 23y 191d

8 AL Ken Griffey, Jr. Seattle 23y 206d

9 NL Frank Robinson Cincinnati 23y 230d

10 AL Mickey Mantle New York 23y 242d

Does this stat really matter? We don't need to keep track of this to know that this kid is special. He can very well turn around and become better than anyone in the game, what would this mean, absolutely nothing, he can suddenly end up with more homers than anybody in the history of the game.

Umm...anytime you are included in a stat with A-Rod, Andruw Jones, Johnny Bench, Hank Aaron , Ken Griffey Jr. , Mickey Mantle, Frank Robinson....it Matters.

Bench,Aaron,Griffey,Robinson,Mantle. Not bad miguel, soon, you'll be doing better commercials.

LOL Probably. But in order to get some national ads he's going to have to brush up on his English alot more. He can be so difficult to understand right now. Maybe it's because it's on TV and not in person I have problems with him or maybe it's because he just dosen't have the pronounciations down very well yet. I know he is trying and all but to hit main stream America it is going to have to be better for speaking roles.

No doubt he hits #100 on this 10 game homestand. He's at 98 right now. Seeing that Friday's game is one of the very few I won't be making this time around I hope I don't make any enemies here hoping he dosen't have his second multi homer game of the season tonight. Any night but Friday, Miggy. LOL

BTW For my Spanish speaking friends to answer for me. What does "Adelante" mean exactly? "Excellent" or something?

We need that new stadium so he can start hitting 40+ out of the ballpark every year. The size of the Pro is definitely hurting his potential for long balls. That said, getting 30 hr for 20 seasons (assuming he will play all that time) will get him up to 600 dingers at the end of his career. And we all know that he will get at least that number every year.

We need that new stadium so he can start hitting 40+ out of the ballpark every year. The size of the Pro is definitely hurting his potential for long balls. That said, getting 30 hr for 20 seasons (assuming he will play all that time) will get him up to 600 dingers at the end of his career. And we all know that he will get at least that number every year.

It has been said, and we should hope so, that the new ballpark will be a pitcher's BP.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

It has been said, and we should hope so, that the new ballpark will be a pitcher's BP.

I would like to see it remain a pitcher's park, but not so drastically as it is now. I'd keep the dimensions in left but redesign the teal monster aesthetically. I love the bermuda triangle, so that stays. My main change would be to bring the right-center fences in further.

I hope the ballpark will be a fair ballpark for both hitters and pitchers. I am thinking of something with the dimensions of Turner Field or Dodger Stadium.

I think Dodger Stadium is considered a pitcher's park

That's what i heard Tommy say the other day, that it was a fair ballpark. Dolphin stadium is more of a pitcher's ball park than Dodger stadium is, so what I mean is nothing like what we have now. Anyways, the point was that any ballpark, smaller than Dolphins stadium will definitely help Miggy's numbers.

I hope the ballpark will be a fair ballpark for both hitters and pitchers. I am thinking of something with the dimensions of Turner Field or Dodger Stadium.

I think Dodger Stadium is considered a pitcher's park

That's what i heard Tommy say the other day, that it was a fair ballpark. Dolphin stadium is more of a pitcher's ball park than Dodger stadium is, so what I mean is nothing like what we have now. Anyways, the point was that any ballpark, smaller than Dolphins stadium will definitely help Miggy's numbers.

Dodger Stadium is supposed to be a pitcher's park just like DS. I think both are fair parks. The ones that are unfair are all the new hitter friendly stadiums. A smaller ballpark may help Cabrera's numbers but would hurt the team. Not many teams win in hitter friendly stadiums.