August 21, 200620 yr Didn't think I'd ever see that, but it's where he ought to be. Either hit him there or bench him for a while.
August 21, 200620 yr I like it... Hermida will get much better pitches batting in front of the pitcher! He's going to start streaking now! Big Wes in again... He deserves it! :gofish
August 21, 200620 yr I really don't like Girardi but I have to give him credit for putting together solid lineups day after day. :confused
August 21, 200620 yr rather have hermida moved up in the lineup to get more protection and help. This year is about learning not trying to make the wild card.
August 21, 200620 yr Author We need to keep Reggie away from the players. :lol :lol !!! wtf are you talking about?
August 21, 200620 yr When was the last time Jake started? Yesterday Haha. I didn't get to watch the game yesterday so I didn't realize he started. :lol
August 21, 200620 yr Its good to see Willy back in the cleanup spot hes been doing good lately now batting .270 with 18HR and 59 RBI's in August Willys batting .327
August 21, 200620 yr !!! wtf are you talking about? Abercrombie's lack of skill is spreading just like the clothing line.
August 21, 200620 yr Hermida should be batting leadoff or 2nd. He is batting below 260 on the season and has 4 stolen bases...why exactly should he be leading off? If he were a more aggressive baserunner I wouldn't mind the rest, but as good as Hermida seems like he can be, he just isn't all that consistent at the plate. For all the hell Reggie gets, aside from Avg and Obp, he actually looks better than Hermida - same # of HRs, More runs scored, more RBIs, and more SBs, and with quite a few less ABs. You can say that's a little padded by Reggie's pinch-run opportunities, but I think irregardless, if you objectively look at their stats, you can't say Reggie is the worst player on the team and then say that Hermida belongs at the top of the order. BTW, has Hermida ever bunted for a base hit?
August 21, 200620 yr Author Hermida should be batting leadoff or 2nd. He is batting below 260 on the season and has 4 stolen bases...why exactly should he be leading off? If he were a more aggressive baserunner I wouldn't mind the rest, but as good as Hermida seems like he can be, he just isn't all that consistent at the plate. For all the hell Reggie gets, aside from Avg and Obp, he actually looks better than Hermida - same # of HRs, More runs scored, more RBIs, and more SBs, and with quite a few less ABs. You can say that's a little padded by Reggie's pinch-run opportunities, but I think irregardless, if you objectively look at their stats, you can't say Reggie is the worst player on the team and then say that Hermida belongs at the top of the order. BTW, has Hermida ever bunted for a base hit? OBP. and OBP capability. and comparing Hermida with Abercrombie is laughable, and this coming from Reggie's biggest supporter
August 22, 200620 yr OBP. and OBP capability. and comparing Hermida with Abercrombie is laughable, and this coming from Reggie's biggest supporter Maybe, but in terms of scoring runs, which is what wins games on the offensive side, Hermida hasn't been more productive. And it's worth mentioning I think that Reggie has a better avg with RISP(276 vs 264).
August 22, 200620 yr Well, it worked...kind of. Got us the win, but it took a HBP and our typical 1-2-3 to get the runs.
August 22, 200620 yr Didn't think I'd ever see that, but it's where he ought to be. Either hit him there or bench him for a while. I was going to invite you to be my friend on myspace... until I went to your page, and heard that Seminole chant. (Go Canes!!!)
August 22, 200620 yr The 8th and other such spots are where you put players with little to no upside. Hermida needs to see good pitches to develop. A player needs to be involved in the game to improve. (But then again, re: Abercrombie, a player must offer some history or promise of developing into an useful ballplayer to be given that chance.) But you also want to put him in a position to potentially help the team and his teammates too. One thing he does well is get on base, work pitches and run the bases. Thus leadoff or the 2-hole is where he should hit. Not because he's been hitting well. But because you want him to soon or in the future.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.