Descarga Deportiva Reports

I'm in the "Not believing anything until it's on paper" mode.

With that being said, I really, really hope this is true.

Very true. I don't know how many times we've all heard "Its close" and "all obstacles have been cleared" before they eventually pull the rug from beneath us. Until I see Loria and Mini Me go up to a podium and say that the deal is done, I won't believe a word that is said.

It's either Hialeah, within Miami city limits, staying at DS or out of the area. Any two of these can't be right at the same time. Any three of the mentioned can't be right at the same time. And definitely all four can't be all correct. It has to be one of the choices.

The question is who is misleading who? Why would Descarga say one thing but the Herald and Local10 are saying something different? Which is true and which is the red herring? And the biggie is why would anybody try to create a distraction when a good many fans have settled for the position of "anywhere in South Florida is acceptable"? The answer to that last question is obvious: politics. I have said that the Hialeah people would not just roll over and allow the Miami people to win over them with a late plan. The distraction has to come from Miami or someone planted a fake story.

I doubt MLB has ruled Hialeah out, as some media reports suggested, unless backed up with actual money. The other owners may not be enthusiastic about league money helping to prop up a stadium for one franchise. Then the A's, Devil Rays, etc.. would want to stand in line for a similar type of deal.

it's amazing how many "such and such with hialeah is imminent" reports have been made on descarga deportiva.

at this point, i'd be inclined to go with jerry's suboptimal track record and bet money that no letter of intent with hialeah will be signed at any time in the next 15 days.

Wasn't this the same show that guaranteed May 5 or so times.

I'm not forcing anyone to believe me, but I swear that I have been told from people with the Marlins and in MLB that Hialeah is simply not seen as a viable option now that Miami is crawling back into it.

PS:

As long as Miami is expressing interest, they have the first, second, third and fourth cracks at this thing.

I think Hialeah's Mayor said May not JDC.

The DCA delayed that due to work needing to be done to satisfy requirements.

As for saying Hialeah is dead, unless Miami comes out punching with money, Loria may have to be diminshed by MLB to kill Hialeah....just my opinion from observations.

Whatever happens in Hialeah, win or lose, the county has shown alot of good faith by dealing with the water treatment issue that the DCA demanded, swiftly.

And I might mention were it not for the Hialeah proposal and the immediacy of it, the city fathers in Miami wouldn't have a fire under their butts to get back in game. So, my hat is off to Hialeah however this turns out.

I think burgess has been involved for a while.

Burgess is the one who has kept this alive. All the other parties have had to be revived except the County.

The City of Miami blew up, the Marlins wanted to leave, the City of Hialeah was a late entry, the State is not a party, and MLB didn't care until the Marlins started crying.

The glue has been Burgess and the County.

When he talks about this, then that is worth listening to.

Whatever happens in Hialeah, win or lose, the county has shown alot of good faith by dealing with the water treatment issue that the DCA demanded, swiftly.

And I might mention were it not for the Hialeah proposal and the immediacy of it, the city fathers in Miami wouldn't have a fire under their butts to get back in game. So, my hat is off to Hialeah however this turns out.

very good point. Hialeah has mean business since day one.

Not the crap we saw between the Marlins and Arriola. A no one (including Manny Diaz) did a thing about it.

I'm very skeptical of a deal with Miami being close to be done, all behind doors.

All I care is for the stadium to be built in South Florida. And to be honest, I prefer downtown Miami. I think that would be best location long term. With that said, I would hate to kill the Hialeah proposal and be back on the hands of the Miami politicos.

If Hialeah is plan B, then get ready for at least another year of negotiations (and that's optimistic).

You are missing my poiunt Capefish. I agree with you completely, Burgess is in. What we need to hear is whether other parties are in.

I understand your point, you don't understand mine.

Cities and Team Ownerships could come and go....but MLB and the County have been constant....Burgess has made the Ballpark one of his pet projects.

• 3 weeks later...

A source from the Marlins FO (high ranking) stated that he would be very surprised if there isn't a LOI "Letter of Intent" in place in the next 15 days or so to build a stadium in the City of Hialeah.

Been 15 days and no word. Can we put this report in the "dud" file ?

Maybe the meetings with MLB being postponed had some effect on the timeline.

A source from the Marlins FO (high ranking) stated that he would be very surprised if there isn't a LOI "Letter of Intent" in place in the next 15 days or so to build a stadium in the City of Hialeah.

Been 15 days and no word. Can we put this report in the "dud" file ?

Maybe the meetings with MLB being postponed had some effect on the timeline.

Enormous effect.

mlb going to be in town on 28 of sep their move meeting to miami from ny maybe their want to see area in miami and hialeah with own eyes and put plan to build park in miami or hialeah

That would seem to make total sense! BTW a downtown stadium proposal is so complicated and has so many barriers that I really question it's feasibilty at this moment Hialeah does still have the financial gap but that is alot easier to overcome than all the finger plugging of the dyke of the downtown proposal. That dyke is about to burst anytime now