Colleges

rorod

I'm in the process of applying to college. I like science and math. I am pretty sure that I want to go into either medicine or dentistry. I have some colleges in mind already, but I would like to know about any colleges that you guys know about that might interest me.

This decision is very tough and I'll take any advice I can get. Thanks.

Money isn't really an issue within reason. Out of state/In state I prefer in state but I want to apply some out of state schools too. SAT=1410(old style)GPA=4.6(weighted)...my school doesn't tell us class rank.

What's your unweighted GPA? Which AP's have you taken, and which ones are you taking now? Any dual enrollment?

Dont pick FIU. That's my only advise.

Judging by the influence they've had on your spelling, I'll be sure to steer clear of FIU.

:lol :lol :lol :notworthy :notworthy

if youre interested in dentistry, UNC has a really good program

and lord knows i need more Miami people up here in Chapel Hill

UNC is were I want to go when I graduate in 4 years. apparently they have a great program, my aunt went there and now is VERY successful.

With your credentials and wants, I'd say almost any solid school in the country could fit your needs.

If you want to go in-state and are interested in any kind of medicine choose either UF or UM. I think UF's Colleges of Dentistry and Medicine are considered the best in the state, but UM's got a great program based on what I've heard (and the fact they produce studs such as Shaq-Man have to mean something).

If you are sure you want to go into medicine, I've heard good things about the 6 year med program at UM from some of the people who have done it. With your SAT's/grades it could be an option depending on how your GPA is weighted and where you go to high school.

he goes to Saint Thomas Aquinas...it should be no problem for him to get to UM

If you are sure you want to go into medicine, I've heard good things about the 6 year med program at UM from some of the people who have done it. With your SAT's/grades it could be an option depending on how your GPA is weighted and where you go to high school.

I'm in it, and personally, I regret the decision. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone except the lazy and unmotivated.

That said, having a guaranteed seat in med school certainly made life easier in college, and I really can't think of too many bad things to say about the med school.

If you're positive that you want to be a doctor and you don't really feel like working in college, feel free to take a look into it. While I don't know anyone who has gotten in with that SAT score, it doesn't hurt to apply, and IIRC, the secondary app didn't take long at all.