Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Colleges

Featured Replies

I'm in the process of applying to college. I like science and math. I am pretty sure that I want to go into either medicine or dentistry. I have some colleges in mind already, but I would like to know about any colleges that you guys know about that might interest me.

 

This decision is very tough and I'll take any advice I can get. Thanks.

Do you have any financial limitations rorod?

 

That's what I want to know, too.

 

While we're at it, do you have any preference as to where you want to go? i.e., in-state vs. out-of-state

 

And what are your stats? No, I don't mean a/s/l...

Do you have any financial limitations rorod?

 

That's what I want to know, too.

 

While we're at it, do you have any preference as to where you want to go? i.e., in-state vs. out-of-state

 

And what are your stats? No, I don't mean a/s/l...

34-26-34

This is the same guy that wants to go buy a new car and give the dealer cash for it.

Go to Brown.

 

My cousin went there for football and got a hell of a National Championship ring (I still can't believe how many diamonds those things have).

What year did he graduate?

 

My brother went to Brown as well.

 

 

He's current. Last year was his Freshman year. Daniel Nuber.

 

Note: he was on the JV squad. Stood on the sidelines.

  • Author

Money isn't really an issue within reason. Out of state/In state I prefer in state but I want to apply some out of state schools too. SAT=1410(old style)GPA=4.6(weighted)...my school doesn't tell us class rank.

Money isn't really an issue within reason. Out of state/In state I prefer in state but I want to apply some out of state schools too. SAT=1410(old style)GPA=4.6(weighted)...my school doesn't tell us class rank.

 

What's your unweighted GPA? Which AP's have you taken, and which ones are you taking now? Any dual enrollment?

FSU is up and running with their med school...plus all the grads got residency right off the bat.

 

VISIT EACH SCHOOL IF YOU CAN!

if youre interested in dentistry, UNC has a really good program

 

and lord knows i need more Miami people up here in Chapel Hill

Dont pick FIU. That's my only advise.

 

Judging by the influence they've had on your spelling, I'll be sure to steer clear of FIU.

:lol :lol :lol :notworthy :notworthy

 

if youre interested in dentistry, UNC has a really good program

 

and lord knows i need more Miami people up here in Chapel Hill

 

UNC is were I want to go when I graduate in 4 years. apparently they have a great program, my aunt went there and now is VERY successful.

With your credentials and wants, I'd say almost any solid school in the country could fit your needs.

 

If you want to go in-state and are interested in any kind of medicine choose either UF or UM. I think UF's Colleges of Dentistry and Medicine are considered the best in the state, but UM's got a great program based on what I've heard (and the fact they produce studs such as Shaq-Man have to mean something).

Go to Brown.

 

My cousin went there for football and got a hell of a National Championship ring (I still can't believe how many diamonds those things have).

 

My grandmother works at the Brown medical school.

Dont pick FIU. That's my only advise.

Co-sign.

 

Math and science majors are wasting their time at the FIU.

If you are sure you want to go into medicine, I've heard good things about the 6 year med program at UM from some of the people who have done it. With your SAT's/grades it could be an option depending on how your GPA is weighted and where you go to high school.

If you are sure you want to go into medicine, I've heard good things about the 6 year med program at UM from some of the people who have done it. With your SAT's/grades it could be an option depending on how your GPA is weighted and where you go to high school.

 

he goes to Saint Thomas Aquinas...it should be no problem for him to get to UM

If you are sure you want to go into medicine, I've heard good things about the 6 year med program at UM from some of the people who have done it. With your SAT's/grades it could be an option depending on how your GPA is weighted and where you go to high school.

 

I'm in it, and personally, I regret the decision. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone except the lazy and unmotivated.

 

That said, having a guaranteed seat in med school certainly made life easier in college, and I really can't think of too many bad things to say about the med school.

 

If you're positive that you want to be a doctor and you don't really feel like working in college, feel free to take a look into it. While I don't know anyone who has gotten in with that SAT score, it doesn't hurt to apply, and IIRC, the secondary app didn't take long at all.

Dont pick FIU. That's my only advise.

Co-sign.

 

Math and science majors are wasting their time at the FIU.

 

How about Liberal Arts majors? We OK?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.