9/24 vs Phil; Willis

9/25 Off day

9/26 vs Cin; Sanchez

9/27 vs Cin; Johnson

9/28 vs Cin; Olsen

9/29 vs Phi; Nolasco

9/30 vs Phi; Willis

10/1 vs Phi; Sanchez

This is a rough road ahead when laid out like this. We get the best teams in the national league pretty much every single day. Now that is 19 games left, and 84 games should win the WC. So right now our record is 72-71 so we need to take 13 of those games and lose only 6. That would be pretty hard to do, but not impossible. So lets see how it plays out, I think we have a good shot.

What is your predictions.

9/11 vs NYM; Sanchez-W

9/12 vs NYM; Johnson-W

9/13 vs NYM; Olsen-W

9/14 Off day

9/15 vs Atl; Nolasco-L

9/16 vs Atl; Willis-W

9/17 vs Atl; Sanchez-W

9/18 vs NYM; Johnson-L

9/19 vs NYM; Olsen-W

9/20 vs NYM; Nolasco-W

9/21 vs NYM; Willis-W

9/22 vs Phil; Sanchez-W

9/23 vs Phil; Johnson-L

9/24 vs Phil; Olsen-L

9/25 Off day

9/26 vs Cin; Nolasco-W

9/27 vs Cin; Willis-W

9/28 vs Cin; Sanchez-W

9/29 vs Phi; Johnson-W

9/30 vs Phi; Olsen-L

10/1 vs Phi; Willis-W

14-5 entirely possible

14-5 +72-71=86-76 10 over .500...again entirely possible

ok...call me crazy...but 13-6 isnt entirely unreasonable...i know im a homer and everything...but as a baseball fan evaluating talent...we have one of, if not the MOST TALENTED team in the NL...the experience may not be all there yet and some of the rookie arms may be tired...but right now...ill take the marlins against any team in baseball and i bet we would do more than impress...we would scare...we are scary good and no one would want to see us in the playoffs...no one

17-2 with Florida, Philly and SD tied for the Wild Card on October 1 forcing a three-way playoff.

I don't know if that is possible because if we got 17-2 that means we beat the Phils a bunch of times.

16-3? 15-4? I just see some crazy last-minute thing happening -- like a tie. And I forgot about San Fran. Could be still be a 2- or 3-way tie. What happens then? Playoff? Best head-to-head takes it? Best record vs. NL teams takes it?

If the Padres win 12 of their last 20 then it's over, so we need them to play 500 ball or worse. After that, somebody has to win. The Marlins control their destiny with 6 against Philly and 3 against the Reds. If the Marlins or the Phillies don't go 13-6 or better, then watch out for the Giants sneaking in. But we have the best pitching. It's held out for about 40 more games than I expected so far. I see no reason why it can't hold on for the final 19.

17-2 with Florida, Philly and SD tied for the Wild Card on October 1 forcing a three-way playoff.

I don't know if that is possible because if we got 17-2 that means we beat the Phils a bunch of times.

16-3? 15-4? I just see some crazy last-minute thing happening -- like a tie. And I forgot about San Fran. Could be still be a 2- or 3-way tie. What happens then? Playoff? Best head-to-head takes it? Best record vs. NL teams takes it?

There are provisions for 3 and 4 way ties. I'm not sure about a 5 way tie. With three teams it would come down to the team with the best record against the others geting a bye. In a 4 team playoff it comes down to 2 playoff games.

I think 11-8 is very do-able, 12-7 would be an amazing feat. Anyhting better might be a bit unrealistic. I would love to see it, but I want to be as subjective as possible. I think the chances of SD & Philly losing 10+ would be more realistic.

Whatever happens, let's be sure to enjoy the ride!!!

GO FISH!!

If the Padres win 12 of their last 20 then it's over, so we need them to play 500 ball or worse. After that, somebody has to win. The Marlins control their destiny with 6 against Philly and 3 against the Reds. If the Marlins or the Phillies don't go 13-6 or better, then watch out for the Giants sneaking in. But we have the best pitching. It's held out for about 40 more games than I expected so far. I see no reason why it can't hold on for the final 19.

Padres 12-8, Marlins 17-2 and it is over -- for the Padres.

FLA 89-73 (one short of my 90 prediction)

SD 86-76

It appears to me that there is way too much drinking of Teal Colored kool-aid happening with the posters on this board. Either that or the things we hear in the Midwest about the quality of drugs in Miami are all true. Please, put away the Kool-aid and share some realistic predictions.

GO FISH!!

most predictions had us realistically winning about 50 games...its baseball...ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

It appears to me that there is way too much drinking of Teal Colored kool-aid happening with the posters on this board. Either that or the things we hear in the Midwest about the quality of drugs in Miami are all true. Please, put away the Kool-aid and share some realistic predictions.

GO FISH!!

most predictions had us realistically winning about 50 games...its baseball...ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

Good point, please pass the kool-aid this way!!!!

GO FISH!!