Marlins contract status

Dante LeRoi

Our "young" players are basically ours for whatever price we feel right until after 2009.

There is a minimum. There's a minimum but the Marlins are not obligated to hand out anything extra until a guy hits arbitration. Cabrera's up this year isn't he? That will be a big raise. D-train might lose some money on his next contract.

Our "young" players are basically ours for whatever price we feel right until after 2009.

There is a minimum. There's a minimum but the Marlins are not obligated to hand out anything extra until a guy hits arbitration. Cabrera's up this year isn't he? That will be a big raise. D-train might lose some money on his next contract.

Right, I'm just saying that you can't just give a player whatever you feel like. He makes the minimum from 0-3 years service time (I don't know how many days make a service year)

There is a minimum.

I thought that was obvious?

I meant the Marlins can give them whatever they feel the player deserves. So if a rookie such as Abercrombie makes the team next year, he'll receive the same minimum. A rookie such as Dan Uggla could get a raise to somewhere around $400,000 for his performance as common courtesy, like we did with Miguel and Dontrelle.