Why even call some players up

biglumber24

Guys like eric reed and jason wood should be playing (somewhere)

why should Jason Wood be playing?

and Reed was just called up to be a pinch runner, but now that we are out of it, he should be starting in CF

Girardi has said that the Marlins as an organization owe it to MLB to play hard (and put out the highest quality line up possible) because their 5 remaining games are against playoff contenders.

I agree that Reed should be playing BUT he was clearly over matched at the plate early in the season.

and Reed was just called up to be a pinch runner, but now that we are out of it, he should be starting in CF

Girardi has said that the Marlins as an organization owe it to MLB to play hard (and put out the highest quality line up possible) because their 5 remaining games are against playoff contenders.

I agree that Reed should be playing BUT he was clearly over matched at the plate early in the season.

and Amezaga isnt overmatched vs lefties?

and Amezaga isnt overmatched vs lefties?

No argument from me in reference to Reed starting against lefties as oppossed to AA.

I mentioned this just before he was called up, but I was surprised that after ending his AAA season absolutely on fire, Girardi chose to sit Chris Aguila when the need for a hot hitting rightfielder and/or CFer was there.

It was almost two full weeks after Aguila ended his torrid September that Girardi gave him a ninth inning pinch hit at bat. Say what you will about Aguila, and I recognize he has his detractors here, but I always suscribed to the notion that you strike while the iron is hot.

Ditto guys who were not called up. An adult Edgar Gonzalez (.392) vs an Andino, or JB Miadich who I wish I understood why never gets even a looksee when batters are hitting a piddly .147 against him in what is supposed to be the ultimate hitter's league. Couldn't do worse that Messenger. But then again I've said that for a couple of years.

I honestly don't know how these decisions are made or if this is even legitimate criticism. I know Albuquerque's manager Dean Treanor is up with the Marlins coaching at first, one would believe he was asked who could potentially help the Fish, and the fact that these or other guys didn't make it up probably says volumes but considering how well some guys played down the stretch (in AAA) you'd think a bullpen starved Marlins would have thrown a few innings to a Miadich who had 55 strikeouts in 40+ innings.