Congressman Foley (R-Fla) Resigns After E-Mails With Page Found

Passion

Rep. Mark Foley, R-Fla., submitted a letter of resignation from Congress on Friday in the wake of questions about e-mails he wrote a former male page, according to a congressional official.

Foley, 52, had been considered a shoo-in for re-election until the e- mails surfaced in recent days.

Campaign aides had previously acknowledged that the Republican congressman e-mailed the former Capitol page five times, but had said there was nothing inappropriate about the exchange. The page was 16 at the time of the e-mail correspondence.

Foley's election opponent, Democrat Tim Mahoney, has called for an investigation.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/09/29/D8KEN33G0.html

More...

In his exchanges with the boy, Foley asked how old he was, what he wanted for his upcoming birthday, how he was doing after Hurricane Katrina and for a photo.

http://www.local6.com/politics/9965371/detail.html

Seems like one sick f*** to me.

He's been a friend of the family for over 20 years.

Shocked doesn't even begin to describe it.

I have never met the guy but I did work for a county commissioner for several years , and through the course of my employment you hear rumors from the various political people whom you come in contact with , and I have heard Foley was/is gay from multiple sources.

He's been a friend of the family for over 20 years.

Shocked doesn't even begin to describe it.

I have never met the guy but I did work for a county commissioner for several years , and through the course of my employment you hear rumors from the various political people whom you come in contact with , and I have heard Foley was/is gay from multiple sources.

No comment.

Foley's District is large geographically, but pretty calm. Big Sugar is the biggest lobby there.

A Democrat taking his district would be interesting, but if he were to win it, keeping it in 2 years would be an uphill battle as Foley's demise is so confusing at the moment and the District is very much about keeping what belongs at home there.

Big cities: West Palm Beach, Lake Worth, LaBelle, Clewiston, Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, Arcadia

Note: My district is Connie Mack's, so I have yet to hear from my Charlotte neighbors about this.

I think the republican party will be able to put a replacement candidate on the ballot , i believe in 04 Clay Shaws initial democratic opponent became physically ill and the democratic party was able to put a replacement on the ballot i will check to confirm

they arent being allowed to do that for DeLay's seat.

I think the republican party will be able to put a replacement candidate on the ballot , i believe in 04 Clay Shaws initial democratic opponent became physically ill and the democratic party was able to put a replacement on the ballot i will check to confirm

Texas has different election laws than Florida.

I think E. Clay Shaw's example form 2004 is close to what will be invoked ehre.

Florida's primaries are closed, so there should be little reason the ballot can be changed by the party without issue.

Safe GOP. FLORIDA CD-22. Florida Democrats won a symbolic court victory this week that they have the right to run a substitute nominee in the place of former Wilton Manors Jim Stork (D), who withdrew on September 15 for health reasons. Based upon the court ruling, party leaders selected veteran campaign consultant and former Congressional aide Robin Rorapaugh as the new Dem nominee to face Congressman Clay Shaw in November. Even if it is too late to reprint absentee ballots or reprogram electronic voting machines in some counties, votes cast for Stork will simply be counted as votes for Rorapaugh. Safe GOP.

source: http://www.politics1.com/blog-1004.htm

Texas has different election laws than Florida.

oh i'm sure of it.